• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.4] Dura -- Making Tibia Challenging Again, Same Game New Meta. Tibia For Adults. --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Aoxomoxoa We are actually having our beta right now and the more testers the merrier. ;) But really it'll be great if you test; the more testing and data we have before release the better the game we can make. Also there are rewards in the Real Server for testers that reach certain levels (only cosmetic and premium time, nothing that would create unfair advantage.)

Zown

So far I've found a few bugs playing til level 11.

Rook:
1. Sometimes, all monsters surrounding the player (In Rats at the time) will lose focus of the player and move in random directions.
2. [Not a bug] Paralysis of Rats doesn't work or is super low and unnoticeable. (Found that it is to get players used to the new way that monsters give players conditions. Not meant to be noticable.)

Thais:
1. Sam still sells all weapons, but the document says that you will not be able to buy weapons in main.
2. Gamel still sells mace, staff and dagger.
3. In Rain Castle, there is supposed to be a book on the third story in the dressers. It is giving the player information regarding the "hidden dungeon" around Thais. It's missing. I don't know if this is something that's a big deal, but it's something missing that was in RL Tibia.
4. Also in Rain Castle, on floor -1. The "Treasure Room" billboard has no text written on it.

Everywhere:
1. [Not a bug] God Flowers are able to block monsters. I don't know if this is a design thing you wanted from RL Tibia, but it does make the game a bit easier. (This is to make players with more strategy.)
2. Orc Spearman don't run away or shoot spears. They simply attack melee like any other orc.

Last edited:
So far I've found a few bugs playing til level 11.

Rook:
1. Sometimes, all monsters surrounding the player (In Rats at the time) will lose focus of the player and move in random directions.
2. [Not a bug] Paralysis of Rats doesn't work or is super low and unnoticeable. (Found that it is to get players used to the new way that monsters give players conditions. Not meant to be noticable.)

Thais:
1. Sam still sells all weapons, but the document says that you will not be able to buy weapons in main.
2. Gamel still sells mace, staff and dagger.
3. In Rain Castle, there is supposed to be a book on the third story in the dressers. It is giving the player information regarding the "hidden dungeon" around Thais. It's missing. I don't know if this is something that's a big deal, but it's something missing that was in RL Tibia.
4. Also in Rain Castle, on floor -1. The "Treasure Room" billboard has no text written on it.

Everywhere:
1. [Not a bug] God Flowers are able to block monsters. I don't know if this is a design thing you wanted from RL Tibia, but it does make the game a bit easier. (This is to make players with more strategy.)
2. Orc Spearman don't run away or shoot spears. They simply attack melee like any other orc.

@Aoxomoxoa

Rook:
1) Not a bug thankfully. It's a rare mechanic, it will make sense beyond basic monsters -- will make the game more unpredictable/hard.

Thais:
1) and 2) I'm quoting a post of ours:

"Patch Note: On Weapons not being Purchaseable from NPCs. (Game Design)

After talking to many testers and heavy reflection we have decided during the entirety of Dura, at Launch and after, Weapons above 17 attack, including Bows and Crossbows though excluding Spears, will not be purchaseable in shop. We understand this is an integral part of the game and consequentially will be frustrating for many players but it is for that exact reason we are removing them. As it stands now, no matter what the vocation the optimal strategy/route for every character in 7.4, if he cannot receive a weapon from another player for free, is always to make enough gold to buy a weapon from the NPC shop. We believe this to be far too easy and therefore makes it so there is no decision-making/strategy involved in the process of your characters journey, there is no choice as to should you hunt this spawn for this weapon or that spawn for that weapon, should you look instead to level and buy a weapon later, should you hunt to loot to sell to others -- instead there is ONLY: grind gold and buy NPC weapon(s).
-
This goes against what Dura is about. Making the game challenging and exciting again requiring constant strategic thinking. Secondly by purchasing weapons in shop which at one makes the game too easy and two nullifies all decision-variation, these both combine to ensure boredom and non-fun game-play. And our Vision for Dura has always been at end to make the game Fun again by making it challenging and multi-layered.

In counterbalance to this decision we have implemented various new quests which allow you acquire these weapons. You already have things like Battle Hammer and Battle Axe etc. But we've added more, so no matter what vocation you are you will have ways to advance your character at a reasonable rate. We also slightly modified loot tables so there would be a more even distribution of lootable weapons for the four vocations as otherwise certain vocations would have had a disproportionate edge compared to Authentic 7.4."

Thais:
3) and 4) We weren't aware of this. I've added it to our list as a 2nd Tier Priority. Thanks

Everywhere:
2) It will depend. Each Orc Spearman which spawns has a chance of attacking you in a different way; like all Monsters in Dura.

when u realeasing this server?

@See yoou

We don't have an exact date yet. We'll post it as soon as we do. We're hoping End of July / Early August. We are finishing the website and security now; game is done except for extras which we're adding in our spare time. We're making sure that when we release it will be a smooth Release Experience.

Thanks guys!
Zown

Last edited:
Day 2 of Dura:
Bugs:
Thais East Troll Cave:
- A ground tile is missing in the cave where the troughs are next to the sewer gates on Floor 9.

I finally got some better equipment. I finished the Scale Armor quest and ventured further south to the Minotaur camp. I found my first ancient rune!
Ancient-HMM.PNG

More people need to be online and experience a harder Tibia. It's a blast to the past so far, but with a twist!

Day 2 of Dura:
Bugs:
Thais East Troll Cave:
- A ground tile is missing in the cave where the troughs are next to the sewer gates on Floor 9.

I finally got some better equipment. I finished the Scale Armor quest and ventured further south to the Minotaur camp. I found my first ancient rune!
View attachment 47435

More people need to be online and experience a harder Tibia. It's a blast to the past so far, but with a twist!

Thais East Troll Cave Ground Tile: That's actually not a bug. It's a trap-door. That one in particular works on multiple floors actually. Glad you're enjoying Dura. :)

Dura's Oracles -- Many Languages

There are a lot of changes in Dura. Most of them making the game more challenging, meaning surprises and dangers at every turn. Therefore we have tried very hard to give people proper warning beforehand. One of the ways we've done that is through NPCs including The Oracle. And we've put Oracles that speak in all languages so everyone will have the same warnings before they go to Main.
-
We also have guide-books and guide-scrolls in Temples to warn and guide players.
-
Be aware that not all NPCs speak in all languages, only a select few. ;)

Thanks,
Zown

Impressive, very nice. The rune farming in 7.4 is something that bothers me a lot, i'm eager to know how you fixed that.

One of Dura's Custom Spells: Exurum.

2020-05-21_22-16-08.gif

Exurum is a spell designed for Low-Level Teamplay. It heals the 8 squares around you, but not the square in the middle, which you stand on. It can only be used by Druids. You can learn it at Magic Leve 1. It's mana cost is variable, dependent on Level. Therefore it is very useful at lower levels, but soon Exura Sio and Exura Gran Mas Res will be much more useful. Remember that in Dura the mana-cost for Exura Sio is 55 mana. For Gran Mas Res it is 115.

We've pushed Druids into a more powerful supportive role. This is only one of their many custom spells, and as you can see many changes have been made to their other spells. Each vocation has new abilities, most of which give them team-based properties.

We'll be showing more spells in the future leading up to Release. :)

Best,
Aris

Today we'd like to show you Enchant Staff.

-Be sure to switch the Video to 1080p-

We always felt that this spell was cool in concept but yet underwhelming and rather useless; this wasn't acceptable to us. We've modified the spell so it will now be useful tool in the arsenal of the Sorcerer.

Enchant Staff now costs less mana to Cast, lasts far longer upon Cast, and enchants the user with damage protection.

Dura features a number of new Custom Spells as well as many Old Spells modified to make a more balanced and exciting game.

Here's another Custom Spell found in Dura.

--Change to 1080p--

Rage allows a Knight, through raw power, to break through the spell known as the Druid's "paralyze" giving him immunity from it.
If a Knight casts Rage for a short duration thereafter he will be impervious to the effects of paralysis, both by Druids and Monsters.
Moreover it can be used as option to break out of paralysis, and still have immunity for a short duration thereafter.

The mana cost for this spell is neither small nor great.

Best,
Aris

Last edited:
Here's a modification of the old spell Challenge.

We increased the range of Challenge from 8 total squares to 12 total squares. We've done this in anticipation of how much harder Dura will be for players since the monsters are smarter and more unpredictable.

Aris

Poison Storm might be the most disappointing spell in history to me personally. Since I first played a long time ago I always assumed the damage tick would scale with Level and Magic Level and thought what a powerful spell that was but after finally seeing how it functioned it was such a disappointment, especially considering how easy the fix seemed to be. Well we've implemented the fix.

Dura's Poison Storm as illustrated here is in the classic form -- it has a large area of effect with a tick of poison/earth damage. However it NOW scales with level and magic level, so the higher either one of these stats are the higher the starting tick begins and the higher total damage the spell outputs. It effects Players half as powerful as Monsters. Cure Poison eliminates the condition. You can see also here that the tick is every 2 seconds. In most situations Poison Storm is now a good spell and in the right situations it's very good. :D

The mana cost for Poison Storm is variable, depending on level.

Best,
Aris

Cool man, keep it up
Post automatically merged:

Looking forward to release, when might it be?

Last edited:
Looking forward to release, when might it be?

Thanks Shine. Our Website has been started, which was the thing delaying Release. We anticipate 4 weeks from this date. No set date but we feel confident about that timeline.

Here's our modified Fire Wave.

Fire Wave has a unique blast radius while at the same time a modified mana-cost and damage-range. Fire Wave roughly costs half as much mana as Energy Wave and deals roughly half as much damage. We feel what we've done with Fire Wave offers overall the most use-function.

And remember on Dura monsters are harder and not so easily dealt with by repetitive methods. Some Monsters of the same Type, EG some Cyclops' and some Necromancers, can be damaged by Energy and not Fire and other Cyclops' and Necromancers can be damaged by Fire and not Energy. So Fire-Wave indeed has its place.

Cheers,
Aris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back