• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.7 CIPFILES Discussion

We have actually thought about it now, we could make a server with free premium but still a few donatable things, such as a training monk, eternal light, portable mailbox etc?

Don't put in training monks, that kind of shit ruins a server since it'll just encourage people to bot.

I agree with Mich. You are going to destroy the server with crap like that. It seems you are more focused on making money than hosting a legit real map server. Is that why putting it online is taking so long, because you are trying to figure out how to make money? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No no, you did not understand me, I am trying to get in some things so people can donate so "they" make the server alive cause for now I am alreaedy in -600€ which is hurting, none of the profit will actually go to me, proxies , servers, advertisements incase we get any.

No no, you did not understand me, I am trying to get in some things so people can donate so "they" make the server alive cause for now I am alreaedy in -600€ which is hurting, none of the profit will actually go to me, proxies , servers, advertisements incase we get any.

I'd just launch it as the last RealOTs was, your donations could consist of people being able to use their points on the Djinn/Postman quest (quite similair to what Originaltibia is doing, people can ' 'buy' the access to the djinns/mailboxes instead of actually doing the quests) or perhaps the eternal light if you need the cash to keep the server online.

Don't put in training monks, that kind of shit ruins a server since it'll just encourage people to bot.

The training system is currently flawed and training monks pretty much are botting anyway, so it encouraging people to bot isn't much of a difference.

The training system is currently flawed and training monks pretty much are botting anyway, so it encouraging people to bot isn't much of a difference.

Not sure in what way it is flawed, and not sure how training monks are the same as botting. They just make it easier to bot, especially on the versions where Elfbot isn't supported, since they won't die so you don't need an advanced switch target script. Besides that, they're always there so you don't need a mage.

Not sure in what way it is flawed, and not sure how training monks are the same as botting. They just make it easier to bot, especially on the versions where Elfbot isn't supported, since they won't die so you don't need an advanced switch target script. Besides that, they're always there so you don't need a mage.

Well the fact that you predict there to be botters says it in a nutshell, there's plenty of games out there where botting isn't an issue, because their system isn't heavily flawed. Sitting down for hours on end waiting for your character to skill up when you really want to be fighting monsters isn't really viable.

Anything that eases that process or renders it obsolete (training monks for example) should be considered.

Well the fact that you predict there to be botters says it in a nutshell, there's plenty of games out there where botting isn't an issue, because their system isn't heavily flawed. Sitting down for hours on end waiting for your character to skill up when you really want to be fighting monsters isn't really viable.

Anything that eases that process or renders it obsolete (training monks for example) should be considered.

Sitting down for hours for skills is one of the beauties of Tibia, especially on low rated servers. Botters come if you make it easy for them, like when you implement training monks for them. If you want stuff that eases up your process, I'd suggest you play some 8.6 999x evolution instead.

Sitting down for hours for skills is one of the beauties of Tibia, especially on low rated servers. Botters come if you make it easy for them, like when you implement training monks for them. If you want stuff that eases up your process, I'd suggest you play some 8.6 999x evolution instead.

Beauty is subjective, I don't care whether one person finds it beautiful or another person finds it ugly, all that matters is whether or not it's viable, and currently it isn't. There's a fine level up system and that's killing mobs/doing tasks. Skilling is just filler. Some unnecessary junk thrown in to extend the game

If you want to sit down for hours, enjoying the "beauty" of wasting time, I'd suggest you play some farmville.

Beauty is subjective, I don't care whether one person finds it beautiful or another person finds it ugly, all that matters is whether or not it's viable, and currently it isn't. There's a fine level up system and that's killing mobs/doing tasks. Skilling is just filler. Some unnecessary junk thrown in to extend the game

If you want to sit down for hours, enjoying the "beauty" of wasting time, I'd suggest you play some farmville.

So my opinion doesnt matter, yet your opinion about something being 'not viable' just because you don't like it is one we all have to agree with. Seems a bit unreasonable, now doesn't it? Training is part of the game called Tibia, it's not unnecessairy junk at all just because it's not about killing monsters. It's also not a waste of time, since your character will grow stronger.

Oh and next time you want to be clever, find something beter than farmville.

So my opinion doesnt matter, yet your opinion about something being 'not viable' just because you don't like it is one we all have to agree with. Seems a bit unreasonable, now doesn't it? Training is part of the game called Tibia, it's not unnecessairy junk at all just because it's not about killing monsters. It's also not a waste of time, since your character will grow stronger.

Oh and next time you want to be clever, find something beter than farmville.

The concept of viability is objective, beauty is subjective, simple as that. Sitting down and waiting for numbers to go up with almost no agency (look left, look right every 15 mins to not get logged out) is almost the same as waiting for numbers to go up with agency at all (i.e. botting). There's a reason that botting is an issue buddy, time to wake up.

You're right, at least farmville has some sort of player input, unlike this "beautiful" skill system you love so much.

The concept of viability is objective, beauty is subjective, simple as that. Sitting down and waiting for numbers to go up with almost no agency (look left, look right every 15 mins to not get logged out) is almost the same as waiting for numbers to go up with agency at all (i.e. botting). There's a reason that botting is an issue buddy, time to wake up.

You're right, at least farmville has some sort of player input, unlike this "beautiful" skill system you love so much.

Not even going to bother discussing this any further, since apparently you are the one deciding what is objective and subjective. Last thing I have to say is the following: this is supposed to be a server as it was back in the day with CIPSoft, what you are looking for is a totally revamped system where no training at all is needed and all you do is hunt. I once more suggest you find some easy server where all you do is hunt all day and you have no other worries.

Training is part of the game, especially back of the day. If you don't like it, don't play, but what you want is ridiculous for any oldschool server.

Not even going to bother discussing this any further, since apparently you are the one deciding what is objective and subjective. Last thing I have to say is the following: this is supposed to be a server as it was back in the day with CIPSoft, what you are looking for is a totally revamped system where no training at all is needed and all you do is hunt. I once more suggest you find some easy server where all you do is hunt all day and you have no other worries.

Training is part of the game, especially back of the day. If you don't like it, don't play, but what you want is ridiculous for any oldschool server.

To keep the post light, first off words like objective and subjective have meanings, look em up. Secondly, you changed the subject from which system works better to which system is more beautiful (probably because you realized the system you find beautiful doesn't work that well).

And Thirdly, you've mistaken me for someone like you, unlike you, I don't care whether or not something is oldschool, I'm only here because I'm interested in a game, and if I feel some part of that game doesn't work, I'll call it out. I don't care if that's how cipsoft wanted it to be, especially after cipsoft made so many other bad decisions.

To make a post like you did, you either don't like change and are inlove with oldschool, or you agree with everything cipsoft has ever done. You can either go play Cipsoft Tibia or Tibianic.

To keep the post light, first off words like objective and subjective have meanings, look em up. Secondly, you changed the subject from which system works better to which system is more beautiful (probably because you realized the system you find beautiful doesn't work that well).

And Thirdly, you've mistaken me for someone like you, unlike you, I don't care whether or not something is oldschool, I'm only here because I'm interested in a game, and if I feel some part of that game doesn't work, I'll call it out. I don't care if that's how cipsoft wanted it to be, especially after cipsoft made so many other bad decisions.

To make a post like you did, you either don't like change and are inlove with oldschool, or you agree with everything cipsoft has ever done. You can either go play Cipsoft Tibia or Tibianic.

Whether you care about something being oldschool or not doesn't matter, this is an oldschool server. You can call it out, but saying it doesn't work well makes no sense, since it does work well (just because it doesn't work like you want it to work, doesn't mean it doesn't work well. I've never heard anyone complain about the system in all my years of playing Tibia, so it must be working successfully to some degree -> hi there viability). I do realise that objective and subjective have meanings, yet this doesn't mean that viability is objective just because you say so. What is viable to one, can be not viable to another (gosh, this is what is happening here).

I like changes, but not to make stuff even easier and making this game about hunting only. This leaves mages behind, they'll have to be runesitting while paladins and knights can just run around hunting without having to spend time actually growing stronger. Oh, and I play Tibianic yet RealOTs has always had my interest.

1-25 8x
26-49 6x
50-79 5x
80-119 4x
120-xxxx 3x

I'd play if that ^

The days are closing in, we will give you more informating in the comming days about the servers future.

Whether you care about something being oldschool or not doesn't matter, this is an oldschool server. You can call it out, but saying it doesn't work well makes no sense, since it does work well (just because it doesn't work like you want it to work, doesn't mean it doesn't work well. I've never heard anyone complain about the system in all my years of playing Tibia, so it must be working successfully to some degree -> hi there viability). I do realise that objective and subjective have meanings, yet this doesn't mean that viability is objective just because you say so. What is viable to one, can be not viable to another (gosh, this is what is happening here).

I like changes, but not to make stuff even easier and making this game about hunting only. This leaves mages behind, they'll have to be runesitting while paladins and knights can just run around hunting without having to spend time actually growing stronger. Oh, and I play Tibianic yet RealOTs has always had my interest.

You've highlight a problem, the belief that the more time consuming/punishing an aspect of a game is, the harder it is. time consuming =/= difficult. The process of killing a rotworm would be easy for a level 120 ms, compared to that, the process of killing a warlock would be considerably harder for a level 120 ms. Depending on how much skill and effort you put into it, it can go fast or slow, expensive or cheap. The process of a knight getting from 10-11 sword fighting compared to the process of a knight getting from 89-90 sword fighting wouldn't change in difficulty, it will go at the pace it's programmed to go, no matter how much skill or effort you put into it, no matter how much gp you're willing to spend in both cases.

I agree with increasing the difficulty in a game, it would make it fun and players should be rewarded for the skill they put into it, not the amount of punishment they take for it that doesn't change no matter how skilled you are. It would be the equivalent of making high level creatures just rotworms with more hp, sure it would take a lot longer to kill them, but that wouldn't make them harder.

If you have a way to make training more difficult based on skill, I'm all for it, as long as it's more difficult in the vein of rotworms vs warlocks.

1-25 8x
26-49 6x
50-79 5x
80-119 4x
120-xxxx 3x

I'd play if that ^

Since there is Tibianic Spectrum - your server won't success with very low rates.
Lifer's proposition is almost perfect, I'd like to see these stages on your server:

1-25 x7
26-49 x6
50-79 x5
80-99 x4
100-119 x3
120-149 x2
150- x1

Magic: x2 Skills: x3
Loot/gold: x2

And I hope that you have better website done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom