• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

Can someone please help me? I managed to setup the files and I can reach the character load menu, except it won't connect to the gameworld.
Any ideas anyone?

I'm so tired of checking this thread and seeing this question.
This question has been asked at least 10 times, and answered at least half of it, so you guys can't even look through a few pages of posts but expect to host these files ?????? -.-

Sorry, I understand the struggle with figuring these files out, but at least do something on your own, you know, like reading a few posts.....

I'm so tired of checking this thread and seeing this question.
This question has been asked at least 10 times, and answered at least half of it, so you guys can't even look through a few pages of posts but expect to host these files ?????? -.-

Sorry, I understand the struggle with figuring these files out, but at least do something on your own, you know, like reading a few posts.....
People don't think it be like it is but it do

I just imagine this is how it must be to be a tech support...
"How do I turn on my computer?" -- conversation lasts for an hour x_x
Only difference being a tech support is paid c_c

People don't think it be like it is but it do
You mean like they expect it to be easier or they think that they've finally got it to work, only to be met with another problem aka the struggle?
Yeah, I sympathize - personally it took me like a week or two 10h+ a day to get it to work, so I know exactly how it is, but I still think it's rude and that it deserves contempt when someone asks a question like this without doing any reading first.
The only way anyone can expect setting this up to be easy is either if you pay someone to do it for you, or you're very tech-savvy.
Otherwise you have to either be patient or just give up already - that's just how it is.

I just imagine this is how it must be to be a tech support...
"How do I turn on my computer?" -- conversation lasts for an hour x_x
Only difference being a tech support is paid c_c

You mean like they expect it to be easier or they think that they've finally got it to work, only to be met with another problem aka the struggle?
Yeah, I sympathize - personally it took me like a week or two 10h+ a day to get it to work, so I know exactly how it is, but I still think it's rude and that it deserves contempt when someone asks a question like this without doing any reading first.
The only way anyone can expect setting this up to be easy is either if you pay someone to do it for you, or you're very tech-savvy.
Otherwise you have to either be patient or just give up already - that's just how it is.

true, been considering charging to set these up, haha

I think we should work in a community effort reproduce 7.7 behavior instead of using that old engine. Obviously being able to run the old engine is useful for tests and reverse engineering.
I was working on elysium(an attempt to reproduce 7.7 gameplay with a newer protocol and engine) few months ago and i'm working again once a while, i would appreciate more people joining me.
GitHub - HeavenIsLost/elysium: 7.7 Open Tibia Server and beyond

Love it!

Anyone been successful in connecting with OTC yet?
Or increase the HP regen? (looks to me that this can't be done directly due to the tiny size of the INC instruction, right?)

Also I'm looking for the ML address if anyone's interested in sharing in PM or something <cough>@Tony32</cough> :p
I'm open for trade suggestions.

PS: Sorry about my angry outburst in post #642.
I'm not ashamed of being critical, but my tone was maybe a bit harsh.
I'm only human

Everything you need for mlvl and skillrates is in TPlayer::SetProfession, there are values for each and every vocation. So you cannot change just one address. :)
Still trying to figure everything out. But so far I've found these things out.
  • Hp, Mp & Cap gained per level for every vocation
  • Rates for skills and mlvl
  • Mana required multiplier for mlvl advance
  • blood hits required multiplier to advance melee skills & shielding

Still working on finding the actual regen-rates. Probably at the same place. Just have to dig around a bit more :D

I thought there was no need to edit the engine if you just changed the las 2 values in the skills section of any character (controls the rate and incremental value for next skill level)

I thought there was no need to edit the engine if you just changed the las 2 values in the skills section of any character (controls the rate and incremental value for next skill level)
Huh? You know this isin't TFS right?

Huh? You know this isin't TFS right?

lol, yeah I know.. I wrote down "I thought", but here's what I meant:

Skill = (0,48,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1628622,0,1734400,100) // Level
Skill = (1,6,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,675245,3000,1748800,1600) // Magic level
Skill = (2,785,785,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,15,0,0,0,0) // Hitpoints
Skill = (3,187,235,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,5,0,0,0,0) // Mana
Skill = (4,117,117,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0,0,0) // Speed
Skill = (5,1470,1470,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,25,0,0,0,0) // Capacity
Skill = (6,83,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1056142,1100,1155268,100) // Shielding
Skill = (7,10,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2000,50,50) // Distance
Skill = (8,10,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1100,50,50) // Sword
Skill = (9,82,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,517912,1100,525076,50) // Club
Skill = (10,10,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1100,50,50) // Axe

// Skill = (SkillId,CurrentLevel,MaxLevel?,StartLevel,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,CurrentCount,Rate,CountForNextLvl,BaseIncrease)
// Where CountForNextLvl:CurrentCount*(Rate/100)+BaseIncrease

basically if you fiddle with the RATE and BaseIncrease you get a lower CountForNextLvl and thus, fewer hits to lvl tht skill up...

I hope I'm not right, otherwise you may have wasted a ton of time figuring and modifiying those out (and I did that in like 1 hour searching for it).
STILL, it doesn't help with modifiying regens.

Or maybe it does? I'm pretty sure all conditions are saved and loaded in the other skill entries on the character file, I'm just too lazy to figure where each one lands and the values saved... :)

Either way as far as I can see the character files are loaded into RAM at server boot and the physical files are completely ignored after that until the next server restart (and characters created by the server will ONLY reside in memory), so it's impractical to rely on character files editing for anything else than fun (I mean you literally have to restart the server everytime you want to make a change -- and will the server leave the files modified after the reboot anyway?), and I guess the real fun/challenge is to reverse engineer the binary.
Those are arguments against editing the character files for these effects anyway.

But it's interesting that you found a different approach.

@Tony32
Ok, I'll probably take a look later.
I've already obtained the other skill and regen rates by hiring someone, but the ml rate hasn't been located yet.
The thing is I don't have time to play with RE atm as I have enough other things I have to play with and that I have to work on/try to finish as well.
Basically not enough playtime for me.
Not that I'm sure I would find these addresses on my own even if I did, idk.
Anyway, good job on your findings.

For character creation you could create the file after creating the database record and set this variables, but I agree it is still limited in that going from rook -> mainland will set your profession and probably overwrite these in memory.

My scenario was precisely that of the server you have on your signature, and with that in mind everyone already had a vocation so it worked out for me :)

bottomline, it's an easier, limited solution for any server not planning to go rook->main.

Back