• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.0x SQLite/MySQL] NOTS Returns!

Vagabond

Reaction score
This is my distro I've been working on the last week. Expect regular updates. Please report any bugs here, but make sure to check this post for known bugs/issues before reporting them.
There is a discussion forum for NOTS on OT Central, as mentioned in the NOTS-README file.
NOTS stands for "Nate's Open Tibia Server". Cool acronym if you ask me.

Be sure to read the NOTS-README file before using NOTS.
If you want to know how to use the new features, check the 'how-to for custom features' file.

No test characters have been added to the databases, so you'll need to take care of that yourself.

Naturally I have included the source as is required by GNU GPL (I would anyway, it's stupid not to).

Warning: Red features are untested, so be careful when using them.

Version 0.0.1:
  • Support for custom clients [in config.lua] (Me)
  • Multi-world system (Me, Drakaro)
  • Combat Zones (Me)
  • PvP Arenas (Me)
  • Dual Wielding [in items.xml] (Me)
  • Weapon Attack Speeds [in items.xml] (Me)
  • Extra Attack [in items.xml] (Me)
  • Item loss percent [in database] (Me)
  • CreatureEvents: onSpawn[monsters], onAdvance [players], onThink [both] (Me)
  • Server Save [/save command](Me)
  • Map Clean [/clean comman] (Me, Xidaozu)
  • LUA Function: to execute a command [no access checks] (Me, Pedro B.)
  • LUA Function: to get an item from a player WITHOUT removing it (Me)
  • doPlayerBuy/doPlayerSell in ([size=7pt]data/npc/scripts/lib/npc.lua)[/size] [supports flasks and multiple runes] (Me)
Download NOTS-v0.0.1: No longer supported

Version 0.0.1b:
  • doPlayerRemoveItem now takes an optional 'type' parameter for items such as vials or runes
  • LUA Functions: can now query the database through scripts [no LuaSQL!]
Download NOTS Version 0.0.1b: No longer supported

Version 0.0.1c:
  • LUA Functions: to get an item's itemid, actionid, uniqueid, text, special description, count, and subtype.
  • Seperated GM Look using new playerflags
  • Commands: /down, /up, /send commands that won't let you teleport onto blocking tiles.
  • Frag time (ms), frags for red skull, frags for ban, and frag ban time all in config.lua
  • Attack Delay in config.lua
  • Script execution at the end of server startup and right before shutting the server down (properly)
  • Script execution during serversave and map cleaning
  • Some combat-related lua functions that can normally only be used when loading the script can now be used any time.
  • Rook Trade channel added, but it will let anyone use it.
Download NOTS v0.0.1c: OT Central Downloads Database

Version 0.0.1d
  • Updated to Newest SVN, including some new scripting functions and numerous minor bugfixes.
Download NOTS v0.0.1d: OT Central Downloads Database

Known Issues:
- Alot of missing spells used in monsters files. Sorry, but I didn't code any of those monsters myself. The NOTS data folder is just the experimental SVN data folder with a few things added. I'll fix them in later versions, but bear with it for now (or fix the issues yourself)
- Warning about no name specified in worlds.xml. Don't worry about it.

Last edited:
This is looking really good! I love that another well experienced coder is starting his own distro.

I'm just missing a link to the SVN/sources in this post.

Sources are included in the download. There's a /src folder, that'd be it.
I'll set up a sourceforge if I get another developer, but as I'm currently the only person working on it, there's really no need for a versioning system.

Last edited:
Okey, that's good enough for me ;)
A version system may be good if anyone would like to have _that_ particular revision. (Been there myself :p)

If this is what you did in two days then I can't wait for the new updates ;)

You think this is better than TFS?
Should we switch?

Last edited:
You think this is better than TFS?
Should we switch?

Can't really say it's better than TFS, but it's definitely good.
I wouldn't switch now. Wait awhile, til it's got more GENERIC features like TFS does.

aight ;D i love the pvp area and the dual wield, that can become a custom vocation.

you should make it so that you can have a fist fighting weapons, and sprites ;D

you should make it so that you can have a fist fighting weapons, and sprites ;D

I might. But you'd also need to edit otitemeditor... as for the sprites, those are completely on the shoulders of the user. ;)

This server looks REALLY good, but I've just got one question... where's the "Sample.sql" file that you mentioned in the README... I can't find it anywhere. In fact, there's no .sql file at all. I've downloaded 0.0.1b.

@empty: schema.mysql

the README-OTSERV.txt is just a renamed copy of OTServ's README file. It just contains outdated information. :p

Why not rename it schema.sql instead? So that people could just import it to the database instead of copying it to the "run SQL queries" section??

And also, why don't you work a little on it instead of just using the official OT-SVN database (with some additions,like worldid). You should add some custom groups, a account manager and so on. Also, add some default NPCs and so on.

Last edited:
Why not rename it schema.sql instead? So that people could just import it to the database instead of copying it to the "run SQL queries" section??

And also, why don't you work a little on it instead of just using the official OT-SVN database (with some additions,like worldid). You should add some custom groups, a account manager and so on. Also, add some default NPCs and so on.

Why? Because that shit's boring. I hate Lua's syntax to be perfectly honest, and even more than that I hate noobs who simply download a server and put the damn thing up without doing a bit of work. Anyone's free to use this server, but they'll need to do a bit of work before anyone would want to play. :thumbup:

Gotta try this. After all, love the ideas that are coming in for a new OT world. 1 Question, Are you planing this more like a suitable Release for Custom Tibia or more Real Tibia with extra features, such as Dual-Wield and such?

Regards, BullenFTW

Gotta try this. After all, love the ideas that are coming in for a new OT world. 1 Question, Are you planing this more like a suitable Release for Custom Tibia or more Real Tibia with extra features, such as Dual-Wield and such?

Regards, BullenFTW

I'm not really sure what the difference would be. This is meant to be used by people who really want to customize their server but still don't want to touch source (or are unable to), pretty much.

Back