• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A history from the Stars [RPG] #OldSchool

You have interest in this?

• Sure, I will

• No, I don't

• Tell me more about..

• Take my suggest in post!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Discovery

Developing myself
Solutions
Reaction score
READ THE TOPIC DISCUSSION FOR MORE INFORMATION
44d20cd12a233cfc196701b40a8c2a86faf03cbf.gif

" Before beginning "

Hello guys, I have a idea for a new game, with new stuffs, context, sprites, totally oldschool concept and difficult, balanced, and dedicated for your players. I thought "Tibia was based in different games, is original and cool", and because of this, I created my own piece of this new history, of this new game. I feel the need to tell to you now.

- Yeh, I know have a lot of another projects, like based on games, movies, books, 'wathever', but I feel the necessity to go so far and with a small start.

A game where your players can be your writers, and propose texts, ideas, concepts, and vote for new updates with the developers. A new brand, 'Starvia'. And there would also be protections against abuse, streaming credentials, smart client, auto language website, regional servers but connected to the same world. (no more worlds).

" The beginning "
Besides the power and force, a universe of possibilities for all types of adventures in the galaxy.
Imagine different places with advanced technologies civilities and primitive civilizations in different planets.
You like travel in the boats in Tibia? Where you can travel in a starship!! Fight against robots in space bases or medieval humans in the earth. Eliminate assassins for money. Choose your side! Enjoy missions in civilizations. Mining of different rocks, and powerful resources to craft your items with different rarities, mount horses or coolest machines. Enter in caves in meteors. You can choose your race and profession(vocation), and talents. Be a alchemist, assassin and more. In Starvia you learn new skills in different cultures around the universe, move objects, levitate in the lava! Control your own robot.

The galaxy it's a real opportunity and you will conquest your space.

You will think now: you never seen Star Trek or Star Wars in your life, hm?!
- Calm down, together we will create more!

" Next step "

You can help us? Możesz nam pomóc? Você pode nos ajudar?

We need a team, you have time for this? Does not matter your nationality, language, gender, sexuality and your culture. If you have the skills to cooperate with this game, please, enjoy us!
Adventure.. enter in the ship! Well then, take your sit:

application-code-m-16.png
Developer C++/C# (2)
Scripter LUA (1)

Brush-16.png
Graphic Designer (2)
compose-16.png
Writer (2)
Online%20writing.png
RPG Maker (2)
support1_16x16.gif
Support in-game / Chat (4)

Regards,
Your Discovery.

Last edited:
Very useful tip: Get over it. Znajdź sobie lepsze zajęcie.
You'll probably never find proper team and You'll never probably finish your project. And even if you somehow manage to finish, your OTS will die like few other custom OTS. Just look at Necronia. Good idea. Questionable(retarded IMO) design choices. Zero players. This is your future and it is called "colossal waste of time".

You'll probably never find proper team and You'll never probably finish your project. And even if you somehow manage to finish, your OTS will die like few other custom OTS. Just look at Necronia. Good idea. Questionable(retarded IMO) design choices. Zero players. This is your future and it is called "colossal waste of time".

The success of a single project is less important than the direction you can give in the development of OTS. A big custom project like Necronia has got a big influence on the community and where it's going. That common goal of improving on itself sounds worth it to me.

The success of a single project is less important than the direction you can give in the development of OTS. A big custom project like Necronia has got a big influence on the community and where it's going. That common goal of improving on itself sounds worth it to me.
www.dictionary.com:
influence [in-floo-uh ns] noun
1. the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others
Servers like Necronia didn't influence any specific trends within OTS community. I don't recall any specific features that were brought to the table by them. On the other hand I see a lot of popular vanilla-ish servers with RL maps, vanilla fighting and skill mechanisms and only few additional mechanisms like item upgrades. Of course I can be wrong, so please show some of the specific trends started in them, which spread throughout the whole community.

Also the whole argument about development of OTS is kinda invaild. This old game is dying and its limits possibilities. I've mentioned it before in some OtClient related thread, but the only way of progressing is to completely redo OtClient into Tibia-unrelated program. Rename it "Open Terrain Simulator" or some bullshit like this, upgrade graphic capacities for at least 64x64 sprites and much bigger "field of view" and so on. This game is not appealing to younger people and older are growing up and stop playing games, especially time-wasting MMOs.

I've mentioned it before in some OtClient related thread, but the only way of progressing is to completely redo OtClient into Tibia-unrelated program. Rename it "Open Terrain Simulator" or some bullshit like this, upgrade graphic capacities for at least 64x64 sprites and much bigger "field of view" and so on. This game is not appealing to younger people and older are growing up and stop playing games, especially time-wasting MMOs.
Do you ever see this become a reality if people stop working on custom ots? Who says a future member of this or Necronia's team can't become a part of creating these features? What better place to learn the skills required than such a project?

Would you kindly fuck off already? All you do is hanging around and tell people what to do or what not to do, like you haven't got a life of your own.

This is your future and it is called "colossal waste of time".
You know what's even bigger waste of time? You talking how much is this game dying, but still lingering around and spending your precious time to talk shit.
Fucking hypocrite.

From what I have learned... you just have to hype up your ot so much then when the player count gets so low just reset that's how I see most ots these days look at dzot...frozeria....arch....insanity...

Do you ever see this become a reality if people stop working on custom ots? Who says a future member of this or Necronia's team can't become a part of creating these features? What better place to learn the skills required than such a project?
The answer to first question is no.
But it has nothing to do with custom servers. I don't see any correlation between development of OtClient and custom servers. I see only one thing that connects those two subjects. Both of those are niche corners of OTS community that never were too popular even though OTS community is fairly old and those are also fairly old ideas/projects. I don't see this becoming reality, because I didn't see anyone here to propose something like this. OtLand people are not really interested in progress and keeping OTS alive. For example people like devs of Necronia are more interested in occupying the sprite niche and offering to sell their sprites. Owners of all major servers are more interested in making money out of that morally questionable copyright infringement business. Etc. <- I think this kinda answers the question about role of developers of servers in developing more modern game/client/whatever.
And the third question I'll leave without answer, because I don't have one.

@2Rec
Take the chill pill and relax.

Ignore the negativity.
Failure is not the awful thing that some people believe it to be.

What I will say though is develop this project yourself until you reach a 'proof of concept' stage, then bring it to the community for feedback and to find support.
Even if you start the project and abandon it 6, 12, 24 months later - you will have learnt a lot.

I'll end the post with this:
To complete a project like this you need to truly passionate about it (unless you're getting paid or forced as slave labor!).
You may be passionate right now, but believe me that passion will fade unless you cultivate it.
Engage with the community, provide us with something to experience. Check out @whitevo's Wii world thread - maybe he could even give a little advice as to how he maintains his passion.

EDIT:
Also read the sticky post "Success Tips to Creating a Great OT [By Leftwing]". It is old but so god damn relevant.

" Before beginning "
Hello guys, I have a idea for a new game, with new stuffs, context, sprites, totally oldschool concept and difficult, balanced, and dedicated for your players. I thought "Tibia was based in different games, is original and cool", and because of this, I created my own piece of this new history, of this new game. I feel the need to tell to you now.

- Yeh, I know have a lot of another projects, like based on games, movies, books, 'wathever', but I feel the necessity to go so far and with a small start.

A game where your players can be your writers, and propose texts, ideas, concepts, and vote for new updates with the developers. A new brand, 'Starvia'. And there would also be protections against abuse, streaming credentials, smart client, auto language website, regional servers but connected to the same world. (no more worlds).

" The beginning "
Besides the power and force, a universe of possibilities for all types of adventures in the galaxy.
Imagine different places with advanced technologies civilities and primitive civilizations in different planets.
You like travel in the boats in Tibia? Where you can travel in a starship!! Fight against robots in space bases or medieval humans in the earth. Eliminate assassins for money. Choose your side! Enjoy missions in civilizations. Mining of different rocks, and powerful resources to craft your items with different rarities, mount horses or coolest machines. Enter in caves in meteors. You can choose your race and profession(vocation), and talents. Be a alchemist, assassin and more. In Starvia you learn new skills in different cultures around the universe, move objects, levitate in the lava! Control your own robot.

The galaxy it's a real opportunity and you will conquest your space.

You will think now: you never seen Star Trek or Star Wars in your life, hm?!
- Calm down, together we will create more!

" Next step "

You can help us? Możesz nam pomóc? Você pode nos ajudar?

We need a team, you have time for this? Does not matter your nationality, language, gender, sexuality and your culture. If you have the skills to cooperate with this game, please, enjoy us!
Adventure.. enter in the ship! Well then, take your sit:

Developer C++/C# (2)
Scripter LUA (1)

Brush-16.png
Graphic Designer (2)
compose-16.png
Writer (2)
Online%20writing.png
RPG Maker (2)
support1_16x16.gif
Support in-game / Chat (4)

Regards,
Your Discovery.

I voted for more info. Description is very general at the moment.

@2Rec
Take the chill pill and relax.

Yeah, exactly. I'm glad you understood the message...

I really appreciate your comment, but sincerely I don't agree about it. 4 years go I see the Necronia, cool idea, but the same game. I used the Tibia Client(OTClient in this case) concept because is very simple, and small size. If I started using another engine/platform like Gamemaker or Unity, I will loose the possibilities and base for a fast development, understand? We will construct a new idea of game. New marketing, structure, history, rpg, brand, based in Tibia oldschool gameplay.
But I will use new graphics, with nice performance in 2D possibilities.

// Tibia is based in another games like Ultima Online VI, Runescape, now I want to build a game based in Tibia. Its the idea, not a custom OT. I will use the base/resources/features in OTClient and OT sources, change the protocols, protections, type of connections, add VOIP in the game with players arround. Attack/Magic sounds (only, not ambient its a new idea). Multi-language npcs, base in register in website.

About the topic: Sorry for the delay about 'reply the topic'. I traveled for another country for a new job of my business. And I will develop this game just for fun. I do not need this money, but if the game grow, need more servers and spend more money. Of course I need more ways to pay that. Never: "pay to win" resources in-game.

Thanks for all about the feedbacks. Does not matter toxic people. I love old games, good histories and quests. But important to me its a creation of methods, tools to unify the community in a new game. Because this we need new ideas co-op quests, co-op concepts to conquest space in the RPG. More customize possibilities for a character.

About the game(first brainstorm): {
- Characters have races, and professions. This races will increase your skills in percents about (strength and power, example) create a dynamic combination.
- Professions(vocations) control your skills choices, but the race will create more combinations of new spells in the tree of abilities.
- Craft its a new feature in a lot of games, and this is more important because implement a 'strong market' player to player in-game.
- Have a lot of planets, with different of races and creatures. Portals, boats and technologies will transport the players to different zones in game.
}

If u like this game concept, and can help us in development of STARVIA, send me a private message, I will send to you more access and information.

Regards,
Discovery.

I really appreciate your comment, but sincerely I don't agree about it.
It's not the matter of your opinion. It's the matter of facts. If you're aiming for actually having players online, then OtClient is poor choice. OtClient is good for people who are filling their own time spare time with side activity of developing game and really not caring about amount of players or future of that project. Currently OtClient servers are not popular. They are mostly dead. There is significant group of people that don't want to download anything like separate clients, they just want to type IP in IP changer and start fun. And in general Tibia is in decline so assuming future new waves of OtClient players is very questionable decision.

4 years go I see the Necronia, cool idea, but the same game. I used the Tibia Client(OTClient in this case) concept because is very simple, and small size.
I don't understand that sentence about Necronia.
It may be simple and small, but like I said before it is also very niche.

If I started using another engine/platform like Gamemaker or Unity, I will loose the possibilities and base for a fast development, understand?
I never said anything about other platforms. But to be honest in unity You can at least create more graphically appealing game :D Also it is very popular this days.

We will construct a new idea of game. New marketing, structure, history, rpg, brand, based in Tibia oldschool gameplay. But I will use new graphics, with nice performance in 2D possibilities.
And sadly You'll fail like every other person who went with custom OtClient server.

// Tibia is based in another games like Ultima Online VI, Runescape, now I want to build a game based in Tibia. Its the idea, not a custom OT. I will use the base/resources/features in OTClient and OT sources, change the protocols, protections, type of connections, add VOIP in the game with players arround. Attack/Magic sounds (only, not ambient its a new idea). Multi-language npcs, base in register in website.
Been there, saw that. You're not the first who tried it.
For example stuff like in-game sounds was done by server Therran. It was cool OtClient server with a lot of few mechanism and old graphics. They got ~100 players on the premiere and barely ~10 one month later. They went offline soon after that.

Back