• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any recommendation for dedicated servers?

Wezza

lua nOOb
Reaction score
greetings otland.

I just wonder what is the best dedicated servers that I'd get with the following cash plus - add the site if you dont mind!

*25-50$~
*50-75$~
*75-100~
*100-200~

- all I need to know, what is the best for each price, my account bill atm is 50$, but I still want to know each case.

Ill go for the first case atm - so what to buy with this certain amount of money? 50$~

add the link please :)

Leaseweb - Best lines in Europe
Hetzner - Cheap, ok quality
Serverloft - Somewhat the same as hetzner
Ovh - Best servers, horrible setup prices, gives out 10gbit line, but high ping

I have a question about this, sorry for hijacking threads again U.u

I made a small (but custom as always ofc) pvp-e/war server just for fun these holidays to play with my cousins/brothers, but the other day I added it to the lists just for kicks and seems like people in my country are liking it a lot. I decided I may just leave the server online longer just for the hell of it, but I can't do this on my laptop and I dont want to spend a fortune on a good-specs dedicated because I dont think it's needed for this small project. Im looking for some cheaper solution, simply because Im not running donations in this project and I dont (and cant) have money online to use myself right now, so Id have to ask for a lean to a friend.

(Dont think Im a cheap bastard, trust me anything is better than hosting in my computer because the best home-ISPs I can get in my area dont even have 1mbit up speeds)

So with all seriousness as possible, how much is the minimal specs I would need on a dedicated/VPS to host it under these conditions:

Map: Only 3-4mb.
Players: 80-100 (I mean that would be the limit set on config.lua)
Time I expect: At least 2-3 months online.

Tell me if more info is needed.

Suggestions appreciated or links etc, I have never managed small projects like this one so I dont know what to expect or what do I need to get.

Last edited:
Leaseweb - Best lines in Europe
Hetzner - Cheap, ok quality
Serverloft - Somewhat the same as hetzner
Ovh - Best servers, horrible setup prices, gives out 10gbit line, but high ping

True, but my favorite is Hetzner, I just love their service... It takes about 3 minutes for them to answer a mail on working hours, and their servers are awesome ;>

Buy the opterons if you manage to get the "new" Opterons (about 50% chance) they are better then the Xeon. I know you can mail them, or write it in the comment field too.

Back
Top Bottom