• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Argardh mapping: The Worldforge, Castles and Landscapes

The majority of hosters out there are still cash-grabbers that resets all the time. I don't think I was refering to a single dev/host from OTLand to be honest.

And I meant host as in host/dev of an own project and server. Those 4 you list as that might be great devs with great rep, don't get this to me claiming im better or more respectable than them.. I just stated i'm a good/RELIABLE host because i'm a real person with integrity and genuine interest of developing both my own server and seeing that the OT-community evolves.. and doing a lot to try and get more players be more active on the boards and take parts of discussions on development aswell. Claiming im a bad or unreliable host because of some out-of-context quoting arashel is doing is just bullshit.

Twisting the discussions like this is the only thing Arashel do.. I honestly only read half of his posts as I know it's only a damn witch-hunt to in one way or another portray me as a liar and what not..

I've still studied geography on university level, arashel. I've still made maps for 15+ years(not continually and not excessively either, but it remains a solid fact.. but this fact says nothing either way. It's not a proof of that I LEARNED anything nor have any authority on the matter - it's just me sharing info on myself - nothing else.. so don't imply I try to use it as claims to know best or whatever it is you're doing).

You guys should get buisy with something else than posting in my threads 24/7 perhaps? Start a project? Play Tibia? Do something irl? Just a suggestion..

edit: Also, stop makin lego-commercial in my thread

I've still studied geography on university level, arashel. I've still made maps for 15+ years(not continually and not excessively either, but it remains a solid fact.. but this fact says nothing either way. It's not a proof of that I LEARNED anything nor have any authority on the matter - it's just me sharing info on myself - nothing else.. so don't imply I try to use it as claims to know best or whatever it is you're doing).

You guys should get buisy with something else than posting in my threads 24/7 perhaps? Start a project? Play Tibia? Do something irl? Just a suggestion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartography

Saying my map is a joke "as far as cartography is concerned" is a joke. <-- Fact :) I'm not an educated cartographer but been making maps for 15 years + and studied geography on university level. You're allowed to have your opinion though :)

that's literally bringing up your "15 years" to tell him that he's wrong

also, do you know how little time it takes to reply to this thread? I've been working on a project during my downtime, I have 2 jobs, etc.
replying to your threads maybe takes like 10-20 minutes out of my day.

oh hey, sinth is still telling everyone to leave

i bet he's working harder than the mods keeping this thread clean

If by this you are saying that you have been mapping (Tibia Mapping) for 15 years, and this is what you can do with those 15 years. I have to say, you have wasted your time.

No, as said, it is out-of-context quoting from arashel to make you think of me what you just did. In its context it's told that I come from wc3-editing(homm3 aswell, aswell as other games but mostly wc3) and that I have nothing to show(ofcourse he wanted "proof" of this as he has his lego-guy as proof of him ever achieving something) becuase most games(in wc3 you make games not maps :p ) were never finished and the once that was was made purely for my ow entertainment(both strategy re-makes and rpg/dotas).

Either way, a troll is someone who deliberately ruins thread/discussion and/or for example take part in cyber-bulllying etc, pretty much like this:

oh hey, sinth is still telling everyone to leave

i bet he's working harder than the mods keeping this thread clean

If by everyone you mean the 2 guys that's been trolling and making lego-ads then yes ;) WHy guys like you keep attacking and trolling though I don't have any answers to.

Why does even respected mappers start resort to trolling? You all have such a tight group-feeling and it pisses you off that I don't do my best to be part of it? If so, keep hating. I'd love to take more part in this community and make friends outside of the forums(chatting, skyping, PLAYING) etc but I'm a family man with little time. And don't say this have its start in me "being bad to take critizism" or any bullshit like that, we're way past that. When did I ever tell "everyone" to leave? Not even you, Vaka, have I told to leave or made a bad comment towards. There's 3 guys in this thread that's been in ALL my threads(almost) doing the exact same thing they are doing here: trolling

And Neon you aswell: Why even post what you just did? I mean, what's in it for you? You all want to be the leading-bully that gets the most likes for saying the best disses to the out-of-group kid? This thread is quite a playground tbh.

Said I wouldn't post/Discuss bullshit like this anymore but hey, my morning coffee always makes my fingers on the keyboard go 200kmh/H :p

No, as said, it is out-of-context quoting from arashel to make you think of me what you just did. In its context it's told that I come from wc3-editing(homm3 aswell, aswell as other games but mostly wc3) and that I have nothing to show(ofcourse he wanted "proof" of this as he has his lego-guy as proof of him ever achieving something) becuase most games(in wc3 you make games not maps :p ) were never finished and the once that was was made purely for my ow entertainment(both strategy re-makes and rpg/dotas).

Either way, a troll is someone who deliberately ruins thread/discussion and/or for example take part in cyber-bulllying etc, pretty much like this:

If by everyone you mean the 2 guys that's been trolling and making lego-ads then yes ;) WHy guys like you keep attacking and trolling though I don't have any answers to.

Why does even respected mappers start resort to trolling? You all have such a tight group-feeling and it pisses you off that I don't do my best to be part of it? If so, keep hating. I'd love to take more part in this community and make friends outside of the forums(chatting, skyping, PLAYING) etc but I'm a family man with little time. And don't say this have its start in me "being bad to take critizism" or any bullshit like that, we're way past that. When did I ever tell "everyone" to leave? Not even you, Vaka, have I told to leave or made a bad comment towards. There's 3 guys in this thread that's been in ALL my threads(almost) doing the exact same thing they are doing here: trolling

And Neon you aswell: Why even post what you just did? I mean, what's in it for you? You all want to be the leading-bully that gets the most likes for saying the best disses to the out-of-group kid? This thread is quite a playground tbh.

Said I wouldn't post/Discuss bullshit like this anymore but hey, my morning coffee always makes my fingers on the keyboard go 200kmh/H :p

Why would you even cite that other experience then if it has nothing to do with your current work?

That's like me saying that knowing how to work a register at a fast food restaurant qualifies me to be a bank accountant. No correlation.

Also, the reason Neon posted what he posted is because you come off as a know-it-all who can do whatever he wants because he has "experience". And, to be quite honest, you have a massive ego for some reason, and it is super annoying. It's not about a mob mentality or any bullshit like that, it's about someone (you) trying to challenge the norms, hardly putting any effort into his (your) challenge (maps), and then getting pissed at everyone else when called out for his (your) shit (maps).

Also, the reason Neon posted what he posted is because you come off as a know-it-all who can do whatever he wants because he has "experience". And, to be quite honest, you have a massive ego for some reason, and it is super annoying. It's not about a mob mentality or any bullshit like that, it's about someone (you) trying to challenge the norms, hardly putting any effort into his (your) challenge (maps), and then getting pissed at everyone else when called out for his (your) shit (maps).

Yes, I have a big ego. Perhaps there is a reason for that aswell? I'm not going into detail on that matter, though, as it's not something anyone should have to defend. If it's super annoying is it really your duty to try and put me in place? It is about a mob mentality.. as soon as someone breaks the norm there's people who have put alot of effort into fitting and upholding the norm that gets annoyed as you say yourself. Again, i'm not getting pissed at someone not liking my maps.. I really don't care, as long as they aren't 'Argardhians' or have an intention to become one. And much "critique" from yourself among others is stuff that really goes without saying - that when being said anyways is just an insult/trolling. Like you when you claim it to be a "mistake"/error to put cave-water outside of a cave, or calling the architectural structure of a building crap when it's so far off point it's ridicilous to even talk about.

It's a fine balance to keep your nose where it should be - straight ahead. One shouldn't have it too high and think too much of himself(like you are, imo, falsely, accusing me for) and one shouldn't "put the nose in wet(swedish saying)" which means putting your nose down and being aggressive towards others. If I would have my nose too high you'd see me in all your threads complaining and trying to impose my ideals and thoughts, but i'm not. I'm right here, in my thread, discussing everything between heaven and hell(instead of mapping).

Btw poopsie I saw you had your own mapping-thread, so I'm gonna take a step back in calling you a troll, at least if you can refrain from posting bullshit ;) But maybe spend more time in there/in Remeres and less time bashing on others work(and personalitys)? Just an honest, sincere tip.. do your own thing.

Btw poopsie I saw you had your own mapping-thread, so I'm gonna take a step back in calling you a troll, at least if you can refrain from posting bullshit ;) But maybe spend more time in there/in Remeres and less time bashing on others work(and personalitys)? Just an honest, sincere tip.. do your own thing.
ok, but let me point out a difference here
First off, this was around the time when I first started mapping
This was the first post in that thread:
bG1HRuY.png

Also, my thread was made 3 years ago, with the last post also being made 3 years ago. If you went through the whole thing, you would also notice that, while I started off being defensive, I quickly understood that the advice/criticism/feedback being given was actually helpful, and I took the issues pointed out to me into consideration in my future work.

Before you even started this thread, you go on about how to "solve the archipelago problem" (which isn't even a problem), cite your "15 years of mapping experience", etc., and then you make this massive disappointment of a thread, which can only lead actual mappers to believe that you're trolling, which is probably the main reason that you're being treated how you are.

Anyway, as time went on, I made progress, learning from feedback and seeing how other people do things.
I went on to do things like this:
DBAyl6_.png

and this:
sKBxkgaxO.png

You, on the other hand, either act like you're accepting criticism, or just completely shrug it off and act like it's invalid (it's not), and you put out more and more screenshots of more and more of the same old shit.
You're not learning from anything, you're not trying to get people that are actually into quality servers, you're just appealing to the lowest common denominator, hoping that they'll put enough life in your server to make it last as long as you want it to. Spoiler alert: they won't. There is absolutely nothing wrong with noticing issues with quality when you're looking for a game to play. What is wrong is when the creator of the content itself is ignoring that his content looks like shit, even though he has been made aware very many times that there are numerous problems with it. Of course, you're probably just going to ignore this because I don't know what I'm talking about, and we're all crazy, and it's the people's fault that you're getting a bad reputation, because we're just not ready for your genious or whatever the fuck excuse for your lowest-possible-effort "work" that you're going to pull out of your ass next time.

Last edited:
I've stated numerous times how I don't map a section of my map to be finished the first time around. I wanted to push out the borders and landscapes to the line where I felt it was big enough and from there go on to touching up area after area. If you missed that I don't know what to say :/

edit: also, i've even admitted to how my first pics looked like shit. And admitted to that it's not strange im getting a bit of flaming since i don't put any effort into showing finished works or stuff from its finest angle/pov( i just snapshot outzooms in remeres, instead of having in-game pics taken with lightings etcs).

edit2: also, as you couldn't ease up on the tension I'm going to give critique to another mapper for the first time: I think those 2 pics(your finest?) look rather crappy. Difference is: you're posting it like it's something legitimately great while I claim NOTHING when I post my shit, other than that it's not finished(which basically nothing is, in Argardh, as it is, as said, the way I work.. constant changes)

(some metal fittings on the bridge i'd add)
74665f35ae0c1bd2f912ad0454359f28.png

- i like this one

9fc2ba5f27a2252b6d3e1b0d5019b282.png
id 434-435 i'd possibly add on bridge if it does not bug with other borders (and maybe even some fence, (as in rook premmy tile bridge).
- i like this one

your city look very confusingly grey though, and not as a tibia city should look like IMO (both structurewise and colors/spammed windows etc)
the rest of the critique you've already heard from everyone else

I wanted to push out the borders and landscapes to the line where I felt it was big enough and from there go on to touching up area after area.
Stop increasing the size of the map and focus on filling it up with details and content instead. You can make a feature/content rich map even with smaller size, you just need to know on how to fill it up. Why bother with large maps if they're empty and not detailed? Especially when you got ~10 players online, it feels even emptier. Increase the map size as the community grows, when it's necessary. Right now you got a huge map with no players at all, do you really think many of them will bother wasting hours running around?
As for the city it's too much grey TBH, you might want to rework it.

Thanks @GOD Wille , good points!

@70011983 I've stopped months ago ;) There's been a dozen of players actually running all over the map(more than I hoped for, as I from start had not closed off all unfinished areas) but either way I'd guess there's a dozen more waiting at least until the first real beta on 23rd(most players don't like un-finished products, that much i've learned :p )

As for the city, many people say it.. i'm just not sure what to do. Ofcourse I can change some houses from dark stonewalls to some other but other than that? Other road-tiles is imo not an option(8.6 is missing a lot of those new fine city-tiles). And yeah there's a few spammed windows and stuff like that, still a work in progress! What I really need though is to find out how the hell to make it less grey! Alot of players have reacted the same way as said, personally I like it actually because it's how a medieval city looks, but I think this is a point where I just have to cave-in :p

PS: Reserving marble-walls, tree-walls, sandstone and limestone for other cities and locations(NOT entirely though, ofcourse.. just want the city to have an overall same look except the parts that's been supposed to be built in earlier eras of the gameworld.

Because from what I have seen, you are defending yourself by saying that you have been mapping for 15 years and seem to know it all.
I have also mapped in Wc3, a long time ago. I have been mapping for alot of different games, but Tibia is the game I have been mapping for the most. I have been mapping with Tibia ME since 2008-2009.
And I made more progress in my first 1-2 years than you made in 15. (Don't really know how long you have been mapping with Tibia). But I'd say, if you have 15 years of mapping under your belt, I'd say ATLEAST 5 years with Tibia.
Now I'm not saying you are some sort of inferior human being or anything, but stop praising yourself like you are some sort of a God at mapping, when clearly you are not.

You should have confidence in yourself and in your mapping, but when like 99% of people in this thread are saying that this is bad mapping, you should really start questioning yourself... (Try to improve that is...)
I have been in your seat (almost). But I made progress from people calling me out on bad shit I did in my mapping, I took that to advantage, not as someone trying to "Bully" me, that's just pure bullshit...
AND I am also as stubborn as you are, if not even more... But don't be THIS stubborn when you are really not that good at mapping... Just a tip, people will dislike you, and only come to your thread to watch people bash on you or bash on you themselves.

And stop saying that this is "Bullying" it's not. Be a fucking man and take it, alot of us other mappers has done it.

but stop praising yourself like you are some sort of a God at mapping,

And with this you prove you're 100% full of shit.

edit: I'll show you some good manners by not quoting that last post of yours. Sorry but to me it's so off-point off-everything I really don't know what to say ;)

edit2: the entirety of the post, obviously :p

Last edited:
I believe you have the concept of mapping right. Like, what stuff fits where. But the way you detail makes it looks like you just used the doodad tool to quickly get it over with. The way you draw grounds makes it looks like you have never deactivated the autoborder function.

Maybe you should try placing details more carefully, imagine what a place would look like before mapping it.
And also, take inspiration from people who are better than you. Becuase there are people who are better than you.

I have spammed the map with doodads, and mostly used autoborder. Not denying that mate :p Just my way of doing it - create first and edit after. Ofcourse there's better mappers than me.. when did I ever even claim to be a great mapper? Don't read that stuff arashel is quoting from other discussions - totally unrelated(talking Remeres Tibia-mapping now, not "world-creating").

@GOD Wille 's way of posting/giving critique btw is THE way to do it - he point out something that i've obviously missed in an otherwise obvious "finished" area. So thanks again for that, would'nt have found it otherwise.

My critique is: Your mapping looks rushed, as if you were using too many tools (doodad, autoborder) just to get stuff done.
My feedback is: Maybe you should try placing details more carefully, imagine what a place would look like before mapping it.

This is a perfectly fine way of giving constructive critique. There is no "THE way of giving critique" as long as the feedback is helpful, which I like to believe it was in my post since I came up with a problem and then with a solution.

And the whole "I never said I was the best mapper" thing - I never claimed you did, but your attitude towards people gives off that kind of impression that you believe you truly are. I don't know who arashel is and what he said, I'm simply basing that assumption on the posts made by you that I read on this page.

With all this said, I know I may sound harsh, but please, don't disregard my feedback and keep improving.

Back