• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Argardh mapping: The Worldforge, Castles and Landscapes

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
OTLand Beta-Thread for 'Argardh:Knights of Tibia':

https://otland.net/threads/argardh-...roduction-media-and-discussion-thread.243695/

hIv0E55.png

The Worldforge

Where everyone is first created and then re-incarnated. To the left is the Realm of Argardh. The 7 teleporters are the 7 temples and regions one can chose to start at.

SgBzslP.png

Uploading some castles tomorrow, my connection is too slow atm.. these 2 pictures took about 2 hours of re-tries to upload.

Edit:

Most pics found on page 2 and page 5 and 6

New Gameplay- Map over Siath-City
LwTaUXi.png

Last edited:
I hate to break it to you, but there's nothing to give critique on.
Everything was awful and should be redone from scratch.

Edit:
Try to find some inspiration from great mappers such as peroxide, neon, mackan, beto06, Blackstone, Aund, Vaka, rik123, etc etc

Last edited:
It has function not beauty, it is not meant to be a monument of mapping but showoff as a mapping idea ;) Any OTs used this type of start/temple before?

Not room to put any graphics into this "Worldforge" thing though as it will be the 1 and only respawning site for all players, but if you can think of 1 id be glad if you have any ideas..

The ground mixtures don't make sense, and it looks like it was made in 2 minutes. I guess I see what you're trying to do, but breaking conventional mapping standards doesn't usually work, especially in this case. The minimap is there for a reason. No need to actually map it out as well.

Also, you should probably actually focus on your real map before making "artistic" minimaps.

Patience, please! :p

If the gods are good i'll have internet all day and evening and then I will update this thread with screenshots of "real" maps that you can critique and bash(and hopefully point out whats missing/too much).. I think later today Dunmar village will be 100% complete for posting. 'The Worldforge' however is NOT bashable! It is a practical thing not a mapping art-piece.

Last edited:
I will have to agree the map is pretty terrible, both in style and functionality, if you want to keep it basic then make it smaller no need for a huge depo or even portals that are spaced out.

If I were to build something simple I would have maybe 4 depo boxes sitting in a small room where 8 players can access each depo box then instead of just signs near the portals I would place some type of tile surrounding the portal which would distinguish each from one another.

You're missing its function mate! All players will spawn there... if 10-20 die at the same time in a smaller area they will all get stuck if just 2-3 is blocking.. Perhaps in the future I can make a more artistic version if someone can script something for me so that players randomly spawn in 1/10 Worldforges but for now this will have to do. Sorry :p

You keep saying this has nothing to do with being beautiful and is pure functionality, then why the fuck do you upload it in "Mapping showoff" ???????

You keep saying this has nothing to do with being beautiful and is pure functionality, then why the fuck do you upload it in "Mapping showoff" ???????

I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.

What are the depots doing in the picture, makes no sense?

I'd like to see some details when I first login instead of something thats just plain and booring.

Not all regions have depots and I don't want people to have to run to depot the first thing they do after dying. So, solution: Depot in Worldforge.

What details can you think of that I could put in? Remember it's the spawning place of all players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, guys, guys... OP is either idiot or troll. Or both. Or 15 years old kida, which fall into category of idiot... Just look here: https://otland.net/threads/how-big-...the-archipelago-problem-all-maps-have.240565/ at his idiotic posts and claims...
Talking to/with him is rather pointless since He will troll You with that idiotic argument of "pretty maps being unplayable". Just ignore him. It's kinda sad that moderators don't ban people for obvious trolling here...

Dont we have that mapping showoff category with 122,546 messages in there? I'm sure there's some ideas in there aswell.

Guys, guys, guys... OP is either idiot or troll. Or both. Or 15 years old kida, which fall into category of idiot... Just look here: https://otland.net/threads/how-big-...the-archipelago-problem-all-maps-have.240565/ at his idiotic posts and claims...
Talking to/with him is rather pointless since He will troll You with that idiotic argument of "pretty maps being unplayable". Just ignore him. It's kinda sad that moderators don't ban people for obvious trolling here...

Just ignore him. It's kinda sad that moderators don't ban people for obvious trolling here...

Dont we have that mapping showoff category with 122,546 messages in there? I'm sure there's some ideas in there aswell.

This thread is for all Argardh-mapping, not just the first 2 pictures.

Did anyone read the line "Uploading some castles tomorrow, my connection is too slow atm.. these 2 pictures took about 2 hours of re-tries to upload." ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunmar South, Mill, Entrance to Dunmar through the Castle(Castle is guildhall but hallway is not)

lEgcd4z.png

Dunmar Castle

VdYonSH.png

Dunmar Smith, Cathedral, Barracks

Ruem8g9.png

Dunmar West

swogTBT.png

Dunmar East

uIo5XZB.png

Last edited:
looks somewhat better, but still very grey and boring
would replace the id 413 stone floor beside the pavements with something else and more natural

looks somewhat better, but still very grey and boring
would replace the id 413 stone floor beside the pavements with something else and more natural

RgMQalV.png

Better? :/

8.6 does not give many options. But yeah I agree.. the stone-houses + high walls, road and even mountains are all same gray.. kind of too much. But remember, in-game you don't see all this as the same time ;)

Last edited:
RgMQalV.png

Better? :/

8.6 does not give many options. But yeah I agree.. the stone-houses + high walls, road and even mountains are all same gray.. kind of too much. But remember, in-game you don't see all this as the same time ;)
the roads inside the town looks so boring, along with the coal basins that are random placed
use street lights instead perhaps

and also perhaps put a bit of "snow" on the roofs? id 6715 or something

and also perhaps change the stone floor (the floor type 413) to snow, since it is snowing insode of the city aswell?

also
6e974a622f36c56bab697e76895578de.png
looks pretty bugged

the roads inside the town looks so boring, along with the coal basins that are random placed
use street lights instead perhaps

and also perhaps put a bit of "snow" on the roofs? id 6715 or something

and also perhaps change the stone floor (the floor type 413) to snow, since it is snowing insode of the city aswell?

also
6e974a622f36c56bab697e76895578de.png
looks pretty bugged

I think thats mostly because of the big outzooming.. theres stoneborders there that makes it blurry from afar but looks much better than the top of a stonewall wall up close in-game.

Snow on the roofs and around town, absolutely.. !

Back