• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Avesta 7.6 compiling in Vistual Studio, how to fix redefinition errors?

Propus

Reaction score
Hi there,

I downloaded the Avesta 7.6 source and i'm trying to compile it using Visual Studio 2010. The problem is that I keep getting redefinition errors, I can't figure out where the problem is. I googled a bit and found out that it might be because the newest boost versions make use of the stdint.h in VS and include it after the int typedefs have been made.
The 7.6 was probably built using an older Boost version.

To make a long story short: what modifications should I make in the source to get rid of this particular error?

Code:
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdint.h(19): error C2371: 'int32_t' : redefinition; different basic types
1>          c:\users\ap\downloads\source_v4\source\definitions.h(166) : see declaration of 'int32_t'

Yea well, that's a workaround. I want to know why it's giving this error in VS2010 and I would rather learn how to fix it than downloading an older version of VS.

Try to remove those duplicate declarations from your definitions.h, I don't think it should break compiling if they're already defined

Back