• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Ban realmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
I know some people are probably getting ready to flame me. But idc, this is what I think should happen.

Otland should banish all realmaps. It will be the downfall of opentibia. Most people just download a server and run it with full intention of making money for their personal life. Which is ridiculous. It's taking away from the developers and hardworking teams. It's one thing that OTfans has gotten right. I'm not saying banning advertising servers that carry the realmap. I'm saying ban the map from being downloaded here. Make people work for their server. I like the old days where there were just a few realmaps and there were sooo many custom maps you could choose from and play.. now it is very limited. Let the flaming begin.

Last edited:
im Agree too.
the real maps are for real tibia
Custon Otservers Customs Maps :)

Signed. :thumbup:

If your going to ban real maps, go ahead and ban evo, armonia, roxxor and all the other customs that can be stolen and made into ots...whats the dif?
Noobs put in 0 effort to host a server with custom maps 98% of the time its the same with rl maps...

Shut up. Delete all real maps and report them to cipsoft.

We Will Bring Down This Era!

Shut up. Delete all real maps and report them to cipsoft.

We Will Bring Down This Era!

I forgot arguing with children is a waist of time :/
try to give reasons why real maps are worse than custom maps..its all stolen in the end lol...but the people that made them gave em out for a reason..because this is a community that helps eachother make great servers thats why this site is here. Think before you type please.

If your going to ban real maps, go ahead and ban evo, armonia, roxxor and all the other customs that can be stolen and made into ots...whats the dif?
Noobs put in 0 effort to host a server with custom maps 98% of the time its the same with rl maps...

RL Map isn't a problem, but when its being over used and like 2000+ are hosting them, it becomes a problem.

RL Map isn't a problem, but when its being over used and like 2000+ are hosting them, it becomes a problem.

add up the customs, whats the dif 2% of hosters made their own maps lol. Idk why im even arguing, my rl map is beast >:)

Who cares? Even custom maps are using copyrighted CipSofts sprites. Its as illegal as using Cipsofts map is. Even if they are doing it for donations, so? Arent you hosting your 'custom' map OT for donations? Oh, sorry, you all are so kind that you will pay yourself for host and other things, you dont need donations to keep your server online!

Emma read the whole thread and all of my points before posting, it makes you look...lost.

I'm not saying ban them because they are illegal. Alot of stuff we use is. It's what we have to live with. But theres a certain line..that we have to respect IMO. Anyways I'm saying ban them because noobs download and run soo many of them. I have no problem with donations, they keep servers going, etc. It's a great idea that originated when people first started needing better hosts.

@lockjoint, I get where you're coming from. I know it sounds wierd to ban a rlmap for doing that when some other custom ots do that aswell. But if you see the majority of people that do that download and run rlmaps, that is a great way to cut a huge %. We can't stop all.of it. But this is my proposal on how to reduce it. If you want to have a rlmap great. I'm all for that, just make it worth peoples money.

What OTFans does should be considered,
but also, since "Talaturen" is against OTFans, he probably won't do so.

Yes I've thought about that. But alot of people signed and I think it would benefit the community. Just because OTFans did it (which was a different reason) doesn't mean we shouldn't.

We wouldn't have half the community we do if it weren't for people releasing great distributions.

Nothing todo with globalmaps. Red opentibia was just fine before all of this. What I'm trying to do will help the community. Noones releasing great distributions anymore BECAUSE of globalmaps. It makes it too easy. Back in the day we had all kinds of SERIOUS distros. That actually had features and fixes that made them unique. People downloaded them and either made their own map or used the stock one. But they were always editing them because theres not a certain..goal for custom maps. Once you get a rlmap your goal is to make it bug free most the time. Not unique, the realmaps that do that are the good ones and should stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back