• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Based on the systems I want to use, what tfs would be better?

reisbro

Solutions
Reaction score
Title is pretty self explainable. I am using tfs 0.4 3884 currently (tibia 8.6) and it is pretty stable.
I already added some systems succesfully, like:
Random Item Attributes System
Perfect Upgrade System
Mutation System (i created this one myself)
Attack speed system (fist fighting via source)

And I also would like to implement:
Enchanting system via modal window
Stat points via modal window (players spend stat points they get when they level up)
Addon bonus system

Should I try to implement those in tfs 0.4 or is it a waste of time?

I don't think Tibia 8.6 supports modal windows. Unless you use OTC you may not be able to implement it. (Please anyone correct me on this if I'm wrong)

Depending on how in depth your item attribute script is, you may find it difficult to do it on the newer versions of tfs, as it doesn't support custom item attributes.

Id go with TFS 1.3 no matter what, it's alot easier to find ppl willing to do source changes and alot easier to get fast support.
We do still support 0.x but most of us don't have all the servers, datapacks, source codes, compilers etc to make be able to help you faster.

And then item attributes from 0.4 can easily be implemented into 1.x by just copying the code over and changing some function and class names.

Why recommend a TFS version that is not ready for production and still in development?

It has the most features and unless ppl use it, it's never gonna be released.
And hopefully by the time he is ready to release the server 1.3 is gonna be released.

If he can do C++ changes and want the most stable 1.x server, then go with 1.0 and add the things you want.

Thanks for the answers guys! I do know C++ (not an expert though but I learn VERY fast)
I was thinking about going with the 1.3 version because I just discovered there are no modal windows in 0.4.
Another question: What tibia version would be the most stable to use with tfs 1.3? 10.98 right?
And the last question lol: To change the version of the ot, all I have to do is change the items.otb and items.xml on my datapack? Or do I have to modify the source or something?

Back