• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Book of Lies - Joshwa's cynical game.

They've contributed a fun server.

Yep, must be lots of fun when you can't even move when you login and the server is offline on launch day and items are duped because they don't know how to save on crashes or rollback. Do you know what their server runs on? The engine is called TFS, it wasn't created by them, they have modified it and haven't shared any their changes. Do you know what kind of map they use? It's called real map and there are literally hundreds of them.

And to add, there are literally hundreds of better ones that weren't advertised as some new era of OpenTibia.

Overhyped server as expected, shitty, absolutely unfinished server with even shittier staff.

Stay awesome, Mark.
Thank you for all that you're doing for us peasants.

Yep, must be lots of fun when you can't even move when you login and the server is offline on launch day and items are duped because they don't know how to save on crashes or rollback. Do you know what their server runs on? The engine is called TFS, it wasn't created by them, they have modified it and haven't shared any their changes. Do you know what kind of map they use? It's called real map and there are literally hundreds of them.
Except the public ones are all inaccurate, miss stuff or are partially just broken. They've re-tracked a huge portion of the map by themselves, with tools built by themselves. Also they used your engine as base, sure. But you have no idea about the thousands of lines of code that had to be fixed in it.

Except the public ones are all inaccurate, miss stuff or are partially just broken. They've re-tracked a huge portion of the map by themselves, with tools built by themselves. Also they used your engine as base, sure. But you have no idea about the thousands of lines of code that had to be fixed in it.
Good for them, but this is still not helping the community, if they fix bugs for themselves to make money out of it, they should AT LEAST report those errors in TFS, they don't even need to provide the solution if they don't want to, I'm pretty sure that the community can figure it out.

That's not my point though, that was just a response to Tarek who also missed the point. The reason I asked for their contributions is because Syntax thinks I tried to keep a bug a secret and only patched it on ShadowCores, and on top of that he thinks I deleted a GitHub issue when it's not even possible to delete issues on GitHub, so that proves that they're just posting bullshit. They haven't made any contributions, and they're making a ridiculous claim about a bug that they ran into (and probably fixed without contributing the fix?). Meanwhile the development of ShadowCores resulted in the transition from TFS 0.2 to 1.x, with tons of new features and engine improvements.

That's not my point though, that was just a response to Tarek who also missed the point. The reason I asked for their contributions is because Syntax thinks I tried to keep a bug a secret and only patched it on ShadowCores, and on top of that he thinks I deleted a GitHub issue when it's not even possible to delete issues on GitHub, so that proves that they're just posting bullshit. They haven't made any contributions, and they're making a ridiculous claim about a bug that they ran into (and probably fixed without contributing the fix?). Meanwhile the development of ShadowCores resulted in the transition from TFS 0.2 to 1.x, with tons of new features and engine improvements.
sorry for asking this but, As far as I remember you had Cast system, Right? I can't find it in the TFS sources. sorry man

sorry for asking this but, As far as I remember you had Cast system, Right? I can't find it in the TFS sources. sorry man

Yes, that's one of the few changes we didn't share because it had business value for ShadowCores. Asking us to share everything is just ridiculous, I'm not asking anyone to do that, otherwise every server would be exactly the same. We've contributed more than anyone else to TFS. There's a pull request if you'd like to use a cast system though. I'll also tag @WibbenZ who should read this answer too because I thought it was a too stupid question to answer before, but it appears that it's unclear to more users than just him.

Yes, that's one of the few changes we didn't share because it had business value for ShadowCores. Asking us to share everything is just ridiculous, I'm not asking anyone to do that, otherwise every server would be exactly the same. We've contributed more than anyone else to TFS. There's a pull request if you'd like to use a cast system though. I'll also tag @WibbenZ who should read this answer too because I thought it was a too stupid question to answer before, but it appears that it's unclear to more users than just him.
Lol, Is that a sensetive question for you? I never "hang" on Github since I'm not a coder or anything like that. (I wish tho.) People doesn't know everything and everyone.

Lol, Is that a sensetive question for you? I never "hang" on Github since I'm not a coder or anything like that. (I wish tho.) People doesn't know everything and everyone.

No, it's not a sensitive question. It's a dumb question. You're asking the person who has contributed the most why he doesn't contribute even more, when you haven't contributed anything at all.

He edited it himself. I can have him confirm that if it makes you feel any better.

EDIT: I don't think I need to make him confirm that, it says so in the log:
"kanohn changed the title from Serious Bug in Movement.cpp that server CRASH to Removed.on Oct 21, 2015"

I think he removed it because he was afraid people would abuse it on his server. I also think it's a duplicate of issue 1621. It also only affects TFS 1.2, ShadowCores wasn't updated past 1.1 and we don't recommend using any unreleased version.

He edited it himself. I can have him confirm that if it makes you feel any better.

You marked it as unconfirmed, I confirmed it, then you mark it as invalid? Also it was fixed on your server. You saw the original report.

I dont know the topic about you are talking or joshua but by a view of old player,
@Mark You didnt listen the players when you needed to do it for that reason shadowcores/lunar died some years ago.
And @Joshwa534 we expect you will add early the cities of the map and correct all the bugs and it can be a great ot to play for months/years if you acts like what players say.
Ah, @Joshwa534 @Syntax stop banning and deleting posts from everyone in your forum, I made a simple joke and i get ban for one months. Freedom of expression and humor guys!

that's only like 0.1% of the whole engine that is distributed freely through the years by tala, be gratefull, without tala, otservlist and otland there would be nothing even close to a community there is today (even though it is declining).

Pretty much every server is based on Mark's work, to fall out like that against the main contributor like joshwa did is just pathetic. Sure you have to edit or add some stuff there, but the core engine is available open source for everyone.

You marked it as unconfirmed, I confirmed it, then you mark it as invalid? Also it was fixed on your server. You saw the original report.
I marked it as invalid because the content of the report was removed, so it was unclear how to proceed with the issue. Also see the edit in my previous post.

I always reported critical bugs to @Mark and he always commited to solve the problems, i dont know why Syntax thinks Marks wan't to keep TFS with bugs or something like this.

If he wants can post some screenshots from our previous private messages.

I marked it as invalid because the content of the report was removed, so it was unclear how to proceed with the issue. Also see the edit in my previous post.

Did you look at the timestamps of this report? The guy removed the content 3 months later. I confirmed it 3 days after his post. You removed it 2 months after all activity.
You asked for proof, I gave you an activity log. All that said and done, it was fixed on Shadowcores, why wasn't the crash patched in TFS?

This serv should be banned forever from the list, spreading such bullshit public about a honest guy. They claim xinn is trying to extort ot owners for advertisements because of the price of such (it's his own website, he can do whatever he wants), while such adverts are totally optional. Don't forget hes been hosting this list for around 10 years for the community of which more then half without gaining any profit.

Trying to create 1 big conspiracy around the whole ot community, involving otland owners and otservlist owners, to 'delete' any competing ot, is just pathetic. If he would really want to delete competing servers, why would he allow www.aurora-global.com to stay on his list (which never bought any advertisement), especially because the owners are BR and would probably be easy to delete from his list without many consequences on english OT forums.

One greedy MF defending another greedy MF. You should never comment on anything regarding harming OT community lmfao.
How was that OTFans ban? "to 'delete' any competing ot, is just pathetic."
LOOOL coming from the guy who ddos every competitive server. GTFO.

How easy would it have been to just remove the ban lmfao.. Its not like they're loggin in accounts or actually creating fake spoof data..

The server crashed.. Cut them a break? It's not like they don't actually have the players logging in.. Crashes happen when you create a server nearly from scratch and have 1000 people login.(You don't have sympathy??) So I don't really see it as spoofing.
0BLYDt.jpg

You'd think a website dedicated to bringing players to OTServers would be more of an advocate on the success of a new OTserver.. specially one shown to be run by capable people.
Looks to me the guy only cares about money..

They had those players online at the time of the crash.. They have even MORE now.

Logic: You were offline yesterday and you said you have 600 players... BANNED... even tho server is online now and has 800 players.

Makes no sense to me..

First.. They didn't create fake 600 players.. and

it seems they have more than 600 players online now... 844..

How would they gain advantage?

Swallow your pride and unban them.. It's not like you make the information your gonna get banned for easily accessible or out there for people to see quickly prior.

Looks to me you were pissed off because it was said all your prices are super high and your a monopoly.... which is true????

OX Team should create a bigger better otservlist.. without the BS ;) It's a money maker obviously..

Last edited:
Back