• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
Alright well! I think I have a decent idea. Since there isn't many houses available in Enigma or Edrona I personally believe that there should be rent on houses. So people that quit will lose them. And people that are playing get a chance to receive a house.
ok so you pay for my rent? ok thanks.

Why is a hunter's lv 50 cobra shot somewhat better than archer's lv 500 strafe?

Spoiler: Hunter has more overall dps than archer!

Damn, always known strafe sucked. I wasted my time playing archer and now this dps build i got going here is a waste for RB zones. I mean god have you seen other vocation's dps builds. Blow me right out of the water. At 1 time, I could 1 shot anyone that wasn't a barb. Now I feel like restarting because of the lack of "something" missing to this vocation.

I am only predicting here guys, and so far the things i kept to my self about this server have all came true. So here is it. ALL MARKSMEN DPS BUILDS WILL BE INFERIOR TO OTHER DPS BUILDS

2 reasons:
Archer/Hunter vocations rely on a build up of "dps (damage per second)". Wolf>Cobra shot>Primal rage>Strafe is the max dmg you can break out. And atm i do not think this comes close to a shade/illusionist from what i saw so far. Not only do you have to use all of those spells but you also have to re-summon the primal rage (which don't do much of anything other than get in the way). The dmg so far is so low compared to a magic dps build of a magic voc into a magic voc. They might even have more hp/mana combined than an archer/hunter build (idk haven't checked it out)

So Ok, I get out of rebirth blindly no idea if archer/hunter is good. That cool. It's part of being the first archer reborn. So i get ~300ish and I go to the Reborn Spawn of lv 200 in edrona. 1 shot. Ok that was cool, a bit unexpected but cool. (note im t8 bow, t6 legs and shield, rest t7) I heard it was hard but that's fine, I like the challenge. I go in next time with the bear from hunter voc..... Bear got his ass chopped off in 2 hits, i got 1 shot. o.o I'm like wow. So then, then, I follow a barb/zealot in there. My eyes light up, 0.0

Then it hit me, hard, like so hard I almost became this guy

Ok so then a day goes by, and I hear "you gota team hunt this." My eyes again 0.0 ARE YOU JOKING ME?
I'm not one to make "alot of friends" in game and in RL, i can admit to that. In all game's I rely on Solo leveling and destruction of PvP of my enemy. That's why I play games. I jsut got into LoL jsut the other day, 2nd day playing it I'm hitting 23 kills a game using Zed. What can I say "I'ma believer whoo-oo".
This is deathzot, not Lol. But still..
Ok so he nerfs it about 5 hours later. Ok cool I can use my bear to tank, and I can just spam arrow show on them, cool.
That worked out for about 15 seconds before i got tipple aoe'd and got 1 shot. nice who woulda figured >.>
This was happening to me before rb, I just didn't want to re-chose my vocation because I'm like "Shawn has it tough for Archer cuz after rebirth they rly become OP" eheh WRONG!

People said I was OP b4 rebirth. Well I can say this, I wasn't. I was Under-geared until l about 6k and then I caught up to people. I just knew how to play the vocation at it's max at that time. I jsut did't sit here and button mash my keyboard (or should I say hands) away trying to kill someone. Reason why Impact Shot has a slow exhaustion time but a big cool down. SURE I said I can 1 shot any barb at 10k. Yea I could, not ninjas cuz of passive, but yea with snipe shot and a headshot. So I'm like "Cool I can troll people to death at least cuz you know strafe is jsut shooting nerf bullets"
why do you think i said this after my spell "Axel: Strafe "Rapid Fire Nerf Bullets!!!!
but we are past that.

Now Here we are 2.1k RB archer/hunter with 114 dist and 2/4th away from a T9 bow. Nice.
Im'a make a list for you guys
Things I can Do at this level:
200 RB Zone
500 RB zone
1k Rb zone (Manuel if im lucky enough my bear takes agro)
0-2k Reg. Zone
Get arrested for Pet abuse on the account of having my bear fight monsters for fun.
And fucking my Alpha-wolfs babies that I summon them, cuz they deal 0 damage.

Things I can't Do at this level:
2k Reb zone
Manage a DPS over 3m
Sustain my Soul with 5 soul gems.
Figuring out why are Hunters have better DPS than Archers
And Figuring out, why was it a good idea going archer in the first place.

Yea I think I shoulda learned my lesson when I couldn't hunt the Zone's I was meant to be in.
(Random Guy) Dude please leave. You are 4.5k hunting barbs. Goto 4k zone.
(Me) Sorry guy archer sux :p

I'm like wow at this point.
You know There was about 6 other archers on the server b4 5k. I actually inspired some people to become an archer via twitch and just playing in general. Then i get the msg once they hit around 500. "Why can't I hunt 500 zone"
Here we go.
And they quit
So atm its me and 1 other that's over 8k i believe.
I should gotten the hint when every one traded archer for barb >.>'

Well this is what I've seen so far and expect will happen next. It's more of a humorous look at things but its all 100% true.
Here is a little vid I made to jsut show the dps out put of what I do atm

After I went to 2k zone, and tried to team hunt with Sabo and saw his dmg. I became that guy in the first vid, all this is coming from my old keyboard that is half way broken.
GN Guys!

I think most of the vocations are balanced except for shade/illusionist. The shade/illusionist is way too strong and there isn't many combos that come close to beat it. There also seems to be no diversity in rebirths, 95% of zealots and barbs rebirthed into each other and 100%? of shades and illusionist rebirthed into each other. Also Ninjas/Tacticians and Archers/Hunters are pretty much forced to rebirth into each other if they want to train their skills which is a big part of their damage. I'm not sure why you want it so you can't train your skills if you rebirth into a different class? It just limits diversity. Also, are gems on shield supposed to be counted as weapons? because I remember Synthetic saying that ninjas had an advantage as they had 2 weapons and could have double the offensive gems as other classes, which isn't the case. Just curious. Other than that, I know you guys didn't expect the OT so be so populated and you're doing a great job adapting/working to make it better.

Edit: Even though its not that important, fishing doesn't work in 7k zone
One more thing, Backpacks seem to have cap now? or I just haven't noticed.

Last edited:
Barb/Zealot is the obvious choice as players going barb generally have high skills/melee weapon already, they want the bonus attack speed from overload and ofc having spells that actually deal damage are a nice bonus.
Other obvious choices for barbarian:
  • Warrior for extra tankage
  • Priest for self sustain
  • Ninja for the super dps although using deadly strike is annoying for most people.
Most people will pick zealot as they want to finally be able to deal damage themselves and going barb>ninja is always a bit worse than going ninja>barb on top of deadly strike being an annoying spell to rely on.

Going into illusionist from any mage means you have a 50% damage increase. Illusionist is a solid/safe choice for any mage to rebirth into.
Other obvious choices for mage:
  • Priest for 25% dmg + giving it to party, an immunity shield, and healing for yourself/group
  • Shade for mortification buff/extra soul
  • Elementalist for tons of utility and extra damage
  • Illusionist for mind swap/clone that increases total dps output by 50%
Tldr here is that rebirthing from a mage into any other mage has tons of benefits, illusionist is not the only route and you need to learn to think for yourself rather than following what everyone else is doing.

Archers and Hunters are in a tough spot, the only obvious choices are Hunter/Archer (whichever you aren't already) for more dps, or tactician or more utility. However, while theory crafting we were able to think of a pretty cool idea to use warrior/archer together. The idea sounded so cool I just had to test it, and here are the results:
Now obviously this combo isn't always going to be as effective as in the video, but the combo itself is still really cool. Also being that archers are sorta squishy, the extra hp and regen from warrior is never a bad thing. To top it off, being that you now have the warrior passive, all those pesky rebirths that chose illusionist now give you more bonus regen because more targets attacking you = more regen, woot!

P.S.
Small hotfix today, rebirthing now increases base soul, this means maximum soul = 200 (250 with shade passive)

Barb/Zealot is the obvious choice as players going barb generally have high skills/melee weapon already, they want the bonus attack speed from overload and ofc having spells that actually deal damage are a nice bonus.
Other obvious choices for barbarian:
  • Warrior for extra tankage
  • Priest for self sustain
  • Ninja for the super dps although using deadly strike is annoying for most people.
Most people will pick zealot as they want to finally be able to deal damage themselves and going barb>ninja is always a bit worse than going ninja>barb on top of deadly strike being an annoying spell to rely on.

Going into illusionist from any mage means you have a 50% damage increase. Illusionist is a solid/safe choice for any mage to rebirth into.
Other obvious choices for mage:
  • Priest for 25% dmg + giving it to party, an immunity shield, and healing for yourself/group
  • Shade for mortification buff/extra soul
  • Elementalist for tons of utility and extra damage
  • Illusionist for mind swap/clone that increases total dps output by 50%
Tldr here is that rebirthing from a mage into any other mage has tons of benefits, illusionist is not the only route and you need to learn to think for yourself rather than following what everyone else is doing.

Archers and Hunters are in a tough spot, the only obvious choices are Hunter/Archer (whichever you aren't already) for more dps, or tactician or more utility. However, while theory crafting we were able to think of a pretty cool idea to use warrior/archer together. The idea sounded so cool I just had to test it, and here are the results:
Now obviously this combo isn't always going to be as effective as in the video, but the combo itself is still really cool. Also being that archers are sorta squishy, the extra hp and regen from warrior is never a bad thing. To top it off, being that you now have the warrior passive, all those pesky rebirths that chose illusionist now give you more bonus regen because more targets attacking you = more regen, woot!

P.S.
Small hotfix today, rebirthing now increases base soul, this means maximum soul = 200 (250 with shade passive)

Im on the bandwagon that basically any 2 Vocs can work well together, even if you do not get to train that skill farther along. I was barb decided to go Zealot because I wanted the spells, the shield, and attack speed, because that is a nice kit on a barb especially to grind back those levels faster. My next rebirth I want to completely flip the script. I am torn between all of the mage vocs because I want the 25% from priest and self sustain. But I also want a clone from Illu...that damn attack speed with 2 of me!!!! Then I want that insane tankyness of elementalists and their shifting + fuckton of mana....and last but not least, I want that freaking obliterate....... So The options are sooo...overwhelming.

But I think going from possible warrior-mage is still beneficial u get the tankyness then the mage DPS, sure u may not kick out as much damage as those glass cannons, but!! they cant tank as much as you can...which leads to monster nerfs... xD.

How come there is no item in Dona Shop to refill your stamina? is it possible you could add one of these.

Not sure if people still need them :

Selling :

12.000 CANDY CANES
130.000 Candy's.

PM ME ON OTLAND WITH YOUR OFFER.

ALSO SELLING FULL T8 Set and my Account (untouched recovery key) With 1 Shade, 1 Illusionist, 1 Barb, 1 Ninja on 8-10k.

PM.

@Yuji
Your post is constructive, my compliments for that since most people would just rage. I don't know how the archer/hunter dps and tankiness is compared with other vocs, but there are some points that you brought up on which I don't fully agree with.

Hunter having better damage than archer
I got a level 2k archer and a level 2k hunter. About a week ago I tested their damage with equal set. Hunter spamming cobra shot on the dps testo meter while having a wolf up and the archer spamming strafe. The archer did thrice that many damage, so single target damage wise archers perform much better than hunters. On multiple targets you could be right since hunters can apply the very long cobra shot dot on multiple monsters before using ricochet.

Being quishy
You said that you have "t8 bow, t6 legs and shield, rest t7" when you rebirth. Compared with others you are/were under equipped. At level 10k the average person has at least a full t7 set + t8 weapon. The two items that gives you most tankiness were t6, no wonder that you are squishy.

Problem sustaining soul with 5 gems
Archer/hunter can have on of the highest soul regen of everyone if not the highest. Due to the hunters passive you get 10 soul if you critical hit something (spells can crit as well). Strafe hits very fast and thus gives crits and rain of arrows gives a sick amount of crits. Xagul told me that Captain Koodles can make black hole runes very fast this way and when I see a friend of mine hunting, also an archer/hunter he can spamm the AoE cause of the soul regen.

A possible hunter build, no idea either it would work, would be hunter | ninja | zealot. This build is the idea of Ezekiel and we call is the psi build op build (ninja could be replaced with archer when you use rain of arrows).
The idea of this build is to maximize the amount of crits you do. With 2 t8 daggers, 40 perks in cirt and 10 crit gems you would have a 33% crit chance while hitting twice a second when using overload (t2 daggers could be replaced by the rain of arrow spell, but the crit chance would be 25% then). With the hunters passive you regenerate a lot of soul which should be able to sustain the psi shield and thus gives a lot of tankiness. With the rain of arrows it may be difficult to sustain the psi shield since it requires multiple monsters for a good amount of crits.

@AbsoluteX
Not 100% of the shades and illusionists rebirhted into each other. I went elementalist, but I'm probably the only exception to this. I deal more AoE damage than a shade/illusionist combination when it's regarding a relative small AoE. In the 200 rebirht area I outdamage every shade/illusionist because of this, but in the 500 area they outdamage me of course, because my prismatic veil doesn't reach the shamans. In single target dps I greatly outdamage the shade/illusionist combo and I can be more tanky as well since my hp and mana combined is more than theirs and I have earth form. The better eq we get the more I will outdamage them since their m lvl advantage gained by mortification becomes relatively less as we gather more power from equipment.
It's using 2 spells at the same time versus using a single spell + m lvl buff.

A nice/fun niche build that we had in mind

Dodge tank
Mainly for single target tanking, but you can't taunt that well and you don't want to pvp.
Voc: ninja, tactician + elementalist/priest/hunter/illusionist.
The sprint of ninja add 50% dodge chance in pvm and the smoke bomb of tactician also gives ?% evade and makes it impossible for some monsters to attack you. Combining this gives a huge amount of dodge which could be enchanted even farther with gems. If you get hit a die you have the ninja's passive that keeps you alive. The decoy of tactician can be used for tanking as well, the traps for path blocking + damage and the reload of tactician gives you enough soul to keep sprint and smokebomb up, although I don't know the cool down of smoke bomb. Adding a deaths demise would further enchance this build and so would dodge perks if (not when) they get introduced.

Contribution of other vocations:
- Elementalists can boost the soul regen more and knock monsters away with water form. The earth form's absorb gives even more dodge and the no health gain makes it easier to proc the passive of ninja.
- Priest's circle of healing synergizes amazingly with ninja's passive and the guardian angel is really good for tanking as well. You also gain +25% damage.
- Hunter gives more soul regen from crits and the bear can help a ton with tanking.
- illusionists are only there for their mirror image which could tank as well.

Pros
- sick amount of dodge/evade
- can deal a lot of damage with backstab + crit strike. The decoy and a possible bear or mirror image makes standing behind the target much easier.
- if you took priest or elementalist you give a lot of utility to team hunts.
- you are breaking the meta

Coins
- you don't want to be in a pvp solution (if it happens knock them away with water form, sprint away, use flicker strick when there's a mob in the edge of the screen and block the path with boxes and m walls).
- you are playing with your life the entire time

With some alternations you could also make a tank build in which you don't get hit because of others blocking, or the monsters not being able to reach you. Spells used for that: decoy, mirror image, grizzly bear + primal rage, impact shot, water form. All kind of CC or summons taking the damage. Doesn't seems me fun, but could work.

Last edited:
Not sure if people still need them :

Selling :

12.000 CANDY CANES
130.000 Candy's.

PM ME ON OTLAND WITH YOUR OFFER.

ALSO SELLING FULL T8 Set and my Account (untouched recovery key) With 1 Shade, 1 Illusionist, 1 Barb, 1 Ninja on 8-10k.

PM.
I buy.

Regarding Rebirths:

Some combinations will be better than others.
Some will be nearly invincible powerhouses that deal the most damage you have ever seen.
And some vocations will have a very slight DPS increase and still get 1 hit by anything the other invincible powerhouses are hunting and leveling from.

There is no way to balance it, because if a monster is made to challenge a Barbarian/Warrior or Barbarian/Zealot, or Priest/Elementalist. Then that same monster is going to ABSOLUTELY DESTROY any archer/hunter, ninja/tactician, etc.

So grab your razors, go into your bathtub and /wrist.

Any update soon? 2k rift area is being controlled by 6k/7ks, who can bot close to the entire spawn. These creatures are too botable. Exp rate is still too high after rebirth, due to gems / exp perks. Its gonna get to the point where your needing to release content every few days, just to stop the cluster that will happen at the best spawn.

Either the best spawn needs to be 2/3 seperate spawns where 1-2 people cant control, or there needs to be a continual motion of the higher levels moving onto the next spawn (Meaning the content needs to be finished, thus bringing us back to the exp rate being lower to give you guys more time)

Any update soon? 2k rift area is being controlled by 6k/7ks, who can bot close to the entire spawn. These creatures are too botable. Exp rate is still too high after rebirth, due to gems / exp perks. Its gonna get to the point where your needing to release content every few days, just to stop the cluster that will happen at the best spawn.

Either the best spawn needs to be 2/3 seperate spawns where 1-2 people cant control, or there needs to be a continual motion of the higher levels moving onto the next spawn (Meaning the content needs to be finished, thus bringing us back to the exp rate being lower to give you guys more time)

You are supposed to get back to level 10k quickly after rebirth.

Xagulz has stated "True rebirth content only starts after level 10k".

Still incredible at what rate stevie's been leveling though, wish wisdom gems wouldnt have the added effect of bonus XP when equipped on armour ;p Who bots the most & has the most wisdom gems will advance the fastest, awesum =]

Suggestions @Synthetic_ @Xagul

Events and Achievements - Would be nice if every different type of event had its own achievements for winning say 10/25/50/100/250 times or something

End of Events - It would be nice to see what your personal score is if your not the winner so you know how to compare yourself and how you did to the top player. i asked for this on Day 1, still asking for it.

Website - i have seen servers with their events tied into highscores on website, was cool to see the event highscores, would be cool if you guys added it someday too.

Back