• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
Due to popular demand, the second era of Deathzot will be coming to an end so that the third era may begin.
We do not have an exact date for this yet so we will leave the server running with the current double exp/uber rate boosts active so players can mess around for the time being.

For those of you who are not familiar with this concept , I will explain how the process works.

First of all, I think it's important to clarify that a new era means all characters will be reset. This allows the server to have a fresh start where players can race to the top again.
All characters will be deleted. All houses will be cleared. The only thing that will persist through the reset is your account.

A popular question is "What happens to donations?". The donation situation is actually quite simple, for the first week all donations will be disabled.
The only way to obtain tokens and spend them in the mall is through the random events that occur. This allows players to have a fun donation-free week of competition.
After the first week donations will be enabled again. It is at this point in time that players may begin donating and/or redeeming their old tokens.
Any account that has donated in the past will be able to redeem their old tokens using the !redeem command in-game.
You will be able to redeem every last token ever donated for on an account, however, only 20 OLD tokens (aka 2000 points) may be redeemed per 24 hour period.
This means if you had 100 tokens before the reset, it will take you 5 days to redeem them all.
Please note that this does NOT apply to NEW tokens donated for. All new tokens are granted in full when !redeem is used.

Once we get closer to the day of the reset, the server will be closed for internal testing and updates.
Roughly a day prior to the new era starting, the server will open so that players may log in and create their character, choose a vocation, and chat in temple if they wish.

In addition to everything stated above, we have also decided to try something new this era.
At the start of Deathzot we created keys as a better alternative to private hunting areas (aka PHAs).
These keys ended up turning into what was basically a PHA and so for the second era we tried to force people to use them out in the open so players could contest the bosses spawned by keys and create conflict.
While in theory this sounded fun, there was still a flaw in the concept. Deathzot is divided into many different "zones", all of which have a level requirement.
This allowed players at the top to hide in areas where the majority of players could not access. We brainstormed some solutions to this but at the end of the day, every idea felt "forced" and honestly quite shit.

It is for this reason we have decided to completely remove keys from Deathzot. Some new stuff is being added in their place, but the idea is to make a more fair and competitive server for everyone.
We hope that you will all find Deathzot much more fun without them. Personally, I am very excited to see the effect this has on the servers progression and economy.

P.S.
I will be making a post for the update notes closer to doomsday. I have been working on a new system that I think you all will enjoy. Something with backpacks and runes! ;)

Will the new era be 8.6 or will it be upgraded to a newer version?

@Xagul (sorry for my unperfect english right here. tring my best)

I really quit tibia at the point you guys stopped updating.

I came back from time to time to check if you started a new project because, without trying to sound like a dick, 98% of the tibia servers up atm suck balls & most of the developers are shit.

You gave me hope in having an actually amazing tibia server. Always seemed very professional to me.

You really kicked that " professionality " into its own balls with how your last deathzot attempt ended.
You gave no update whatsoever, trying to reach you through the forum asking if there will be updates or what the hell is going on failed.

I know that in your situation I would have quit updating at some point. All you could do is add new classes and a new endgame area which would be accessed by the same people already at the last area and the big majority of people not catching up. I guess(well, no. I know) that the reset is the only thing this server wants but I would love to bring a little thing up in your mind,:

How will you change what failed last time?
We will never be bot free & you stated you want 8.6 to have everyone easy access to bots. im okay with that
Now there will allways be people who get a little excited about a game like your server and will for sure use an absurd amount of time to setup an absurd amount of characters farming just that amount of items to be maaany sets ahead of the others that after day 1 we will have people thausands of levels ahead. (okay sounds drastical but i guess this is how it will end up)
This will allways be the case and cannot be avoided.
Those people will end up in such a high area and with so many items that they can provide their friends a huge bonus which sets certian groups very far ahead and makes others feel like their wasting time when they compare their leveling / gearing speed to others.
How do you make the game successful in the long term?
Do you remember the 8.1 deathzot? remember how people fought for every single boss spawn to get item pieces together ?

I am not sure if this would work out, but maybe making a 180 degree jump in the other direction and instead of making every 2. monster drop items making them rare but more powerful would be a good idea.

In the end this would slow down the game by alot, make botting many more accounts/characters harder as you had to obtain those items first to bot and even then they are rare and it wont make that much profit.

I am not a developer and hell do i know little about what it takes for you guys to setup this server each and every time. But please, dont just go for it " yeah people will come and have fun anyway, we'll get out money" (not assuming you do it only for the money, sorry if i sounded biased), but try to make this a long term success.!

wish you gyus the best of luck and see ya ingame.

I'm sorry you feel this way and I completely understand your point of view but you have to realize that when someone does the same thing for a long time they eventually lose interest. If you look at the creation time of my otland account, since about a year before that and up until about a year ago I have been either hosting a server, helping with someone elses project(s), or working on my next server with very little breaks in between.

Deathzot (the current one) has been up for over 2 years now.
I've been toying around with the idea of 10.x XDC off and on for over a year now. (there is actually quite substantial progress made on this project already and it doesn't even have a map yet)
Before that I made a small project for giggles called Bitzot.
I tried to help Synthetic make a war server for a month or so.
I started working on Madness 3 because people wanted it.
Before that I helped work on Synthetics version of Deathzot for maybe a year-ish?
Before that I worked on XDC for several months with admin death but he lost interest in tibia and so I continued the project for close to a year. (This was to be my last server before retiring from the OT scene completely)
I revived OT Chaos as 8.6.
Before that a few others and myself tried to help admin death fix up RoA for a few months.
Before that I made Madness 2 for a couple years.
Some time around here I made a war server that didn't really work out.
Before that I made Madness 1 for a couple years.
Around the start I had Hyperdrive that went through several iterations over the years.

Needless to say, I have been doing "OT" for a very long time. So long in fact, that I have barely even played the real game of Tibia outside of messing around on real map OTs here and there. While this may not directly answer your concern about Deathzot, I feel like this is extremely relevant to your overall concern with most servers "sucking" or the developers being "shit". The fact of the matter is everyone starts out pretty "shit" at making OTs but get better over time. Making a server is probably 10% coding skill, 40% creativity, and 50% experience. You could take the most skilled programmer in the world, pair that person with the most creative person in the world, and their first OT server will still be quite rough due to the fact that they have no experience with OT in general. This experience takes time to acquire and by then, many of these people either lose interest because they have been doing it so long, or simply have to stop putting in the time because they have grown up and have to "real life".

So I guess in short, my response to you is. I'm glad you enjoyed Deathzot and I'm also glad that you felt the server had a high level of "professionalism". I am however sorry that you started playing toward the end when the updates stopped. Synthetic has been extremely busy with real life (school and such) and I have lost interest in OTs as a whole.
With that said, there is going to be a small update that comes with this new era and the server has well over a year of work put into it that I think you will be able to enjoy regardless of new updates or not. Also to answer your question "How will you change what failed last time?", I've already answered that in the announcement. The only thing I consider a "failure" is the key system and it is being removed this time around.

If you no longer enjoy playing Deathzot and there really are no other good OTs for you to play, then it may be time for you to delve into developing yourself. You seem to have ideas and ideas are a great start. Take some time to learn how to work with LUA and make something. Who knows, maybe given enough time you will create the next OT Chaos!

something that should be noted is besides a new vocation or change to the "ruleset" of deathzot there is not alot to be done to the server .. its already quite packed with features
a fuckton of minigames (pacman , war zone , colecting coins~~ )
dungeons (each zone starting from edrona has a custom dungeon with a boss that has a unique mechanic)
ubers
treasure chests
a fuckton of custom vocations (wich combined with the rebirth system = a FUCKTON of possibilities)
etc...

all in all the game is fully playable from day 1 and has a content for over a year of playtime (maybe a bit less if your one of the like 10 24/7 online players)

are there changes he could do .. sure but each change brings a certain problem
(for example pvp)
if he re-adds pvp enforced power abuse might become a huge problem again

I'm sorry you feel this way and I completely understand your point of view but you have to realize that when someone does the same thing for a long time they eventually lose interest. If you look at the creation time of my otland account, since about a year before that and up until about a year ago I have been either hosting a server, helping with someone elses project(s), or working on my next server with very little breaks in between.

Deathzot (the current one) has been up for over 2 years now.
I've been toying around with the idea of 10.x XDC off and on for over a year now. (there is actually quite substantial progress made on this project already and it doesn't even have a map yet)
Before that I made a small project for giggles called Bitzot.
I tried to help Synthetic make a war server for a month or so.
I started working on Madness 3 because people wanted it.
Before that I helped work on Synthetics version of Deathzot for maybe a year-ish?
Before that I worked on XDC for several months with admin death but he lost interest in tibia and so I continued the project for close to a year. (This was to be my last server before retiring from the OT scene completely)
I revived OT Chaos as 8.6.
Before that a few others and myself tried to help admin death fix up RoA for a few months.
Before that I made Madness 2 for a couple years.
Some time around here I made a war server that didn't really work out.
Before that I made Madness 1 for a couple years.
Around the start I had Hyperdrive that went through several iterations over the years.

Needless to say, I have been doing "OT" for a very long time. So long in fact, that I have barely even played the real game of Tibia outside of messing around on real map OTs here and there. While this may not directly answer your concern about Deathzot, I feel like this is extremely relevant to your overall concern with most servers "sucking" or the developers being "shit". The fact of the matter is everyone starts out pretty "shit" at making OTs but get better over time. Making a server is probably 10% coding skill, 40% creativity, and 50% experience. You could take the most skilled programmer in the world, pair that person with the most creative person in the world, and their first OT server will still be quite rough due to the fact that they have no experience with OT in general. This experience takes time to acquire and by then, many of these people either lose interest because they have been doing it so long, or simply have to stop putting in the time because they have grown up and have to "real life".

So I guess in short, my response to you is. I'm glad you enjoyed Deathzot and I'm also glad that you felt the server had a high level of "professionalism". I am however sorry that you started playing toward the end when the updates stopped. Synthetic has been extremely busy with real life (school and such) and I have lost interest in OTs as a whole.
With that said, there is going to be a small update that comes with this new era and the server has well over a year of work put into it that I think you will be able to enjoy regardless of new updates or not. Also to answer your question "How will you change what failed last time?", I've already answered that in the announcement. The only thing I consider a "failure" is the key system and it is being removed this time around.

If you no longer enjoy playing Deathzot and there really are no other good OTs for you to play, then it may be time for you to delve into developing yourself. You seem to have ideas and ideas are a great start. Take some time to learn how to work with LUA and make something. Who knows, maybe given enough time you will create the next OT Chaos!

goosebumps man.!

I really know your entire ot history since I followed you since your first servers, and I was beta tester for deathzot aswell :)
was nice to read through this, and yet I will give deathzot another try :)

Bets of luck man and thank youfor answering!

Back