• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
So.. as I understood it, Ironmen will have a loot buff?
And when a season is over, Ironman characters will be transfered to the normal state.
What stops me from botting 10 ironman characters the entire season for the loot buff, and when I'm in normal state, I'll give all my EQ to my main.
I dont get that.
Yea that's exactly the problem.... there should be ironman characters and seasonal ironman character..... so once your season ends it becomes just a normal ironman

In all honesty, the power abuser will be the ironmen. They get more loot faster = better gear = kill all np.
How u gonna gear yourself faster playing only 1 character? Thats stupid, ofc ppl playing normal mode gonna have better gear becouse u can have 10mc running with Uber alarms u.u

Honestly the Ironman gonna make more problems then its worth, as i stated before it would only make sense on different server. I rly like the idea but it isnt Path of Exile and it gonna be hard to balance just throwing Ironman ppl on the same map with ppl playing normal.

I think Ironman is an good Idea but as @Shade ~ already its more abuse then good
I think that Mc should be completly removed tbh I mean bot is already much but have 10 mcs is bullshit I mean like do you play any other games x10 windowed ? :D I guess not
And in 8.6 its very very op with elfbot you can script so many things an with 10 mcs u will take whole spawn when manuall players wanna play they have no chance like if you have no good scripts u are pretty fked up in that ot thats the sad point+ 99% of time you let ur pc or laptop run and the elfbot do everything its no gaming anymore if im honest...
There must come something that changes that ^^ and Ironman wont be that thing i guess^^

I think Ironman is an good Idea but as @Shade ~ already its more abuse then good
I think that Mc should be completly removed tbh I mean bot is already much but have 10 mcs is bullshit I mean like do you play any other games x10 windowed ? :D I guess not
And in 8.6 its very very op with elfbot you can script so many things an with 10 mcs u will take whole spawn when manuall players wanna play they have no chance like if you have no good scripts u are pretty fked up in that ot thats the sad point+ 99% of time you let ur pc or laptop run and the elfbot do everything its no gaming anymore if im honest...
There must come something that changes that ^^ and Ironman wont be that thing i guess^^

All you're going to get from botting afk is levels. Good luck looting chests/ubers afk

may i ask a question?

What about a 2. server where people can jump on (just like old eu/na servers) without bots? 1-2 tutors who ban people who got caught & just everyone competing in manual speed?

I know u keep it 8.6 allow bots etc etc but i really dislike botting and so do many others which feel forced into it to bbe able to compete & i'd love to just compete with actual players, not with some guys who have the best setup

Why should Ironman characters be seasonal? Just make the limitations on Ironman characters permanent. They can never trade with other players

Its known that he is going to down a bit the price of tier trader. Also as a Ironman you get loot buff which is really good. Btw Ironman are seasonals to prevent people to mc so you can focus on a single char.

Why should Ironman characters be seasonal? Just make the limitations on Ironman characters permanent. They can never trade with other players
If this is something everyone would like then it is possible we will have the base Ironman mode and then a seasonal Ironman mode later on. The original idea was that Ironman could be a challenge that you compete in and once it ends it will contribute to your overall progress in Deathzot.

I know u keep it 8.6 allow bots etc etc but i really dislike botting and so do many others which feel forced into it to bbe able to compete & i'd love to just compete with actual players, not with some guys who have the best setup
The issue here isn't botting, it's mcing. I think we can all agree that a character that is hunting afk with a bot is much less efficient than a player that isn't afk. What this means is that the bot will be gaining less progress per hour than a manual player. As an Ironman, you cannot trade this "progress" which means that by botting afk you are essentially wasting stamina hours that could be used more efficiently if you weren't afk. Once your bots stamina runs out, it can no longer progress, meanwhile, the character that isn't botting 24/7 will have plenty of stamina remaining. Also, the character that wasn't afk while using said stamina will have gained much more progress in those hours.

So as an example:

Player and Botter both hunt for 10 hours.
Both are hunting an exact copy of a spawn.

Botter is semi-afk so he misses all orbs but he has an alarm for ubers.
Player is collecting all orbs.

Lets assume for arguments sake that both characters have the same gear/vocation and are hunting at the same rate (unlikely that a human could not out perform an AI but bear with me for now).
Lets also assume that at said rate, per hour, both characters can gain:
  • 5 Loot Orbs = 50 tiers
  • 1 Uber Monster = ~75 tiers (25 instantly and 50 in future loot orbs)
  • 10,000 experience (includes orbs)

We can say that by the end of the 10 hours:
Player:
  • 100,000 experience
  • 1,250 tiers

Botter:
  • 50,000 experience (half because exp orbs account for 50% of the experience gained while hunting)
  • 250 tiers (because botter only loots the initial uber loot but not the following orbs)
What this means is that Botter will have to hunt twice as long as Player in order to keep up in levels, and 5 times as long to gain the amount of loot. The problem Botter is going to face is that in order to hunt 5 times as long as Player he is going to require 50 hours of stamina. This means he will have to bot for 42 hours straight, stop hunting for 24 hours, and then hunt for another 8. Meanwhile... As Botter does his thing, Player hunts for another 10 hours the next day and puts Botter even further behind.

One thing that does throw a wrench into this example is the semi-botter that hunts manually while at the pc and then puts a bot on while sleeping. The progression gap in this scenario would be much smaller in the short term but semi-botter is still limited by stamina so any afk botting is essentially just wasting stamina on inefficient hunting.

On the topic of Ironman, increase all of Players loot gains by 50%. This means a manual Ironman is worth 7.5 normal mcs.

Now I know someone is going to say "but a bot can hunt 24/7 while a normal person can only hunt for a few hours".
I completely understand that argument, and that's why we allow bots. So when you are busy at school or work, you can somewhat compete with the no-life players that are capable of putting 16 hours a day into the game. You're welcome btw.

Its known that he is going to down a bit the price of tier trader. Also as a Ironman you get loot buff which is really good. Btw Ironman are seasonals to prevent people to mc so you can focus on a single char.

He will down the price of tier trader for everybody, so I don't see how this is relevant.

I don't see the logic behind your second point either. Most people's problem isn't ironman during the season, but after. if after each season ironman character was to turn into normal character then a lot of people would "focus" on their main, but still have other ironmen botting on MCs. And take all their loot after the season.
That's why seasonal ironmen should be either short period, or unaccessable after their season. They could even make a hall of fame where players can go and check out the winners of each ironman season, but these ironman characters will not be able to give their earned items to other characters, since they get more loot than the rest.

If this is something everyone would like then it is possible we will have the base Ironman mode and then a seasonal Ironman mode later on. The original idea was that Ironman could be a challenge that you compete in and once it ends it will contribute to your overall progress in Deathzot.

I definately would want a base Ironman mode where the Ironman character would stay Ironman forever. You could make a Poll and see what others think?

Most people's problem isn't ironman during the season, but after. if after each season ironman character was to turn into normal character then a lot of people would "focus" on their main, but still have other ironmen botting on MCs. And take all their loot after the season.
What about someone that starts as Ironman and really enjoys the character they are playing so once the season ends they decide to just keep playing it?
Lets then say that player decides they are getting bored and want to start over again so they make a new Ironman. The season ends and then both characters are available to play normally.

In this situation, progress on both characters was beneficial to the player because both characters ended up in normal mode so they can throw the items gained while playing Ironman to their main or vise-versa.
If both characters ended up in a permanent Ironman mode, any alternate character they decided to make would end up useless to their overall progression in the server. This basically forces players to choose to play temporary challenges or compete in one of the main brackets.

As I stated before, the idea was that you could compete in these temporary challenges and the progress you make will contribute to your overall progression in Deathzot if you choose to play that way.
It is also possible that some people will just refuse to play the normal mode and play Ironman exclusively season after season.
And then of course there will be people to only care about the normal mode and choose to exploit Ironman for the sole purpose of faster loot. My question to you is, why would they bother with Ironman? You would have to start an Ironman and level up from 0 with no equipment and no help from your main. You could do this or you could just throw a couple t7 sets from your main onto a few mcs and zoom zoom.

Basically the only disadvantage I see to having Ironman migrate into normal mode after a season is if players enjoy their Ironman experience and do not wish to start over. I will admit that this is a realistic scenario so the obvious solution is to allow seasonal Ironman characters to choose where they want to go once the season ends.

Honestly this discussion and the reactions/opinions many of you have about Ironman is starting to make me think.

Is the current idea for Ironman even necessary?
Unless I am misinterpreting your opinions, it sounds like you guys want to play Ironman exclusively and have it last forever.
This begs the question... Should Deathzot just have no trading to begin with?

Honestly I like giving players a choice and I don't mind making a permanent Ironman mode but I am curious to know how many people are even interested in playing the normal Deathzot (with trading) vs normal Deathzot (without trading).

You do make a good point about ironmen having to start from 0 where normal mcs can get a t7 and go bot higher zones, I did not consider that at all to be honest.

This is kind of the nature of an ironman though, players should know that if they decide to play ironman, the progress will be stuck on this specific character. So i don't see the problem here if the ironman character was permanent.
With the seasonal ironmen, i agree with you that an option to keep playing as ironman or become a normal character to transfer items would be a good idea. You could also implement a system where seasonal ironmen give a bonus to your full account, or they get reward tokens based on their progress in the season, which they could then put on their character, regardless if it's normal or ironman. Then the season wouldn't be a complete waste of time. But i do realise that the RT could be too much to be given away for free each season, cosindering there's already events in game where you can win them. And I'm not sure how you personally feel about account wide bonuses.

At the end of the day, i feel you should get a few ideas from this thread, decide which you like and could work. Then make a poll to see what the players want, or just decide yourself, as so far you have made a good job with the server and your decision should be good enough for most people and others can suck it :p

I would also like to point out right now that whatever comment I make, regarding to anything you say about the server, it is not criticism or hate, just suggestions and I will understand if you don't implement them. I do love the server and want to see it back asap :)

Honestly this discussion and the reactions/opinions many of you have about Ironman is starting to make me think.

Is the current idea for Ironman even necessary?
Unless I am misinterpreting your opinions, it sounds like you guys want to play Ironman exclusively and have it last forever.
This begs the question... Should Deathzot just have no trading to begin with?

Honestly I like giving players a choice and I don't mind making a permanent Ironman mode but I am curious to know how many people are even interested in playing the normal Deathzot (with trading) vs normal Deathzot (without trading).

I wouldn't stop trading, there's no way. Trading is a big part in pretty much every multiplayer game, and without trading the server would probably die very quickly. It would solve the problem of everybody using Mc to get items, but it would also hurt people playing normally.

Idk personally I just feel like the ironman is an alternative to feeling like you have to bot a few characters to feel "good" in higher areas. The loot buff I feel will help out with this a decent amount considering your progression would be pretty much 50% faster in theory. Also to just remove trading equipment in whole would be to big of a change for part of the community imo. I feel like it would demotivated a certain group from even playing the server

Back