• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Celestia - The way you liked it

Kungenn

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Celestia​

So I've been contacted about reopening Celestia.
However the version that most want is the one that I dislike the most, stacking runes, vials etc.

However I've decided to put my ego aside and do what you guys want.

So what I am thinking is I'll start advertising the server to start in a week (thats the maximum time allowed on Otland).
I'll advertise it on every single forum that I can find that is related to OTS.
However I'll ask you guys that know what Celestia is and that likes it for help.
Spread the word, help with the advertisement and make it a great and successful start.

The server will be 2x experience with the old task system.
It will be 1x loot but 2x gold.
Skills will be 2x and Magic rate will be 1x.
If the server is to last, which I really really want it to, then low rate is the way to go. This also creates the real RPG feeling which this server deserves and should be.

The spell system will be 7.4 which means it's 70 mana for HMMs, 800 for UE etc.

I will give you my word that I am not going to change the stackable feature, I will be running my 7.7 server on the side of this which will settle my need for the real old school feeling.

I'll add more to this post tomorrow with screenshots of Celestia and open a website for registration.

I really hope that we can together make this great.
If Peonso wants to take part of this when he has time he is more than welcome.
I'll be taking applications for tutors that will later be promoted to counsellors / gamemasters (stripped of rights to give exp/items

Last edited:
It is nice that you want to work closer together with your players now, but don't forget that this is still your project. You should have some ego aswell because this is part of being a Leader/Manager regardless of what project you are in charge of. If you have no ambition of your own, no imaginary idea in your head how YOU want your project/product to look like in the end it is most likely bound to fail. See your project as a tree. You need to have some solid foundation, an idea. Otherwhise the wind (of change) coming from the players will blow the project in each and every direction and in the end will end up ruining it. Again, it is not bad to collaborate with your players. But always keep an idea of your Celestia in mind, too :)

Good luck!

Ideal situation in my mind would be that people actually wanted the version with none stackable runes instead ;)

Looks nice, however I dont see the need for such low exp rate. Isnt 3x low enough? Cool with random map and features tho (Y)

Not 100% sure I still have all the files for Celestia, going to check through the HDD now. I do have all the Sirius so I can make it work with Celestia, will just take some extra time ;)

Any chances you could bring Celestia back to life with all characters, accounts, items etc?
I doubt anybody would like to start everything from the scratch since we don't know how long will this server last...

I'm definitely alright with either option. I started playing on Celestia, but currently playing on Sirius.. so, either way, you've got me as a player.
I'm also a lot more versed in Celestia, so I can always offer my help when Im online

Also, I can assure you the exp rate doesn't feel that slow. The tasks DO speed up leveling, but not enough to make it an issue.

Regards,
Cody

Last edited:
Back