• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ cloud of thought / dialogue NPC

Fortera Global

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
is there an way to remove this cloud of thought / dialogue from only one specific npc?
Y2b9u6t.png

tfs 1.x

Solution
It is configurable in NPC XML file. Just add there "speechbubble" parameter into "<npc>" node and you will be able to configure it.

Possible options:
Code:
SPEECHBUBBLE_NONE = 0,
SPEECHBUBBLE_NORMAL = 1,
SPEECHBUBBLE_TRADE = 2,
SPEECHBUBBLE_QUEST = 3,
SPEECHBUBBLE_QUESTTRADER = 4,

Just set it to the one of the values listed above, like "0", which is "none", till "4" which is "quest trader".

Example to remove speech bubble:
Code:
<npc name="Eryn" script="runes.lua" walkinterval="2000" floorchange="0" speechbubble="2">

Regards,
It is configurable in NPC XML file. Just add there "speechbubble" parameter into "<npc>" node and you will be able to configure it.

Possible options:
Code:
SPEECHBUBBLE_NONE = 0,
SPEECHBUBBLE_NORMAL = 1,
SPEECHBUBBLE_TRADE = 2,
SPEECHBUBBLE_QUEST = 3,

Just set it to the one of the values listed above, like "0", which is "none", till "4" which is "quest trader".

Example to remove speech bubble:
Code:
<npc name="Eryn" script="runes.lua" walkinterval="2000" floorchange="0" speechbubble="2">

Regards,

Last edited:
Solution

Possible options:
Code:
SPEECHBUBBLE_NONE = 0,
SPEECHBUBBLE_NORMAL = 1,
SPEECHBUBBLE_TRADE = 2,
SPEECHBUBBLE_QUEST = 3,

Example:
Code:

Regards,

I put speechbubble = 0 and still with the cloud lol, ;S

i tried with tfs and it worked, he is probably using OTX from maluco

I'm using otx malucoo, hmmm,
I put 0 there and showing
2f6rXRA.png
(I think this is the "none")

how you tested? create a npc (dont appear the cloud)..--> relogin (will appear the cloud)

Last edited by a moderator:
So it seems its messing with cloud of thought outside the NPC .xml file. Not good. Because you set something in NPC.xml, and then it being overwritten by lua script. Not a good solution.
Yeah, i know. Guess the dev took a bad shortcut.

Is there a possibility to add a new bubble?
Post automatically merged:

probably yes you just need to extract the resources file, edit the respective image (graphics_resources.rcc\images\creatures\hud\flags\speech.png) and add as many as you want, and add the source part of course.

speech.png

probably yes you just need to extract the resources file, edit the respective image (graphics_resources.rcc\images\creatures\hud\flags\speech.png) and add as many as you want, and add the source part of course.

View attachment 66292

yesterday I was able to do it, I just had to add the speechbubbles in my src and in the client and it worked :D

Attachments

• imagen_2022-03-19_225938.png
    imagen_2022-03-19_225938.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 1 · VirusTotal
Back