• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Color item/loot (item rarity)

Crx Molten

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to change itens rarity at my server, but i'm not finding anywhere to change it. Do i have to change on source? Or use a special item editor?

wu18_items_anim.gif

I use TFS 1.3x

Thanks

It is mostly client-sided the colors are dependant on the average value that you can sell it for. You can set in cyclopedia if item rarity should be displayed by npc average value, market average value or your own value.
Here is price-rarity list:
  • 0: No frame and white text
  • 1-999: Grey
  • 1,000 - 9,999: Green
  • 10,000 - 99,999: Blue
  • 100,000 999,999: Purple
  • 1,000,000+: Yellow

I dont think so, i already saw some servers changing rarity without needing to download client again
They probably checked it in cyclopedia that all items should be displayed by market average value before making the client download-able and when people started buying those items for more gp they display now different rarity than before.

It is mostly client-sided the colors are dependant on the average value that you can sell it for. You can set in cyclopedia if item rarity should be displayed by npc average value, market average value or your own value.
Here is price-rarity list:
  • 0: No frame and white text
  • 1-999: Grey
  • 1,000 - 9,999: Green
  • 10,000 - 99,999: Blue
  • 100,000 999,999: Purple
  • 1,000,000+: Yellow

They probably checked it in cyclopedia that all items should be displayed by market average value before making the client download-able and when people started buying those items for more gp they display now different rarity than before.
Thank you som much, I tested here and its everything okay.
So for the future, do i have to set all itens with own loot value so when they download my client they will have the colors as it should? or there is any easy other option?

Back