• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

compiling files effect

omaralaa

Reaction score
I want to ask a question
has the compiling files (vc14, src, and cmake) any effect on my server?
like if i wanna edit my server should i edit these files or they are only used in making how the client look like?

if i want to add new quest, new map, new items, monsters etc.... what should i edit and script?

Solution
What the hell are you talking about?

First of all you should diferenciate between server-side and client-side sources.

You dont need to modify anything on the client (and you dont have the sources for real tibia client, just for OTClient)

If you just want to add those kind of stuff, you dont need source files (as you say vc14, src, cmake). you only need the executable and try some stuff with the data folder.
No, just be quiet
Well, bro i am just a beginner.
I just started this like 1 month ago that's why i am asking.
Thanks for helping...
If you are a beginner I recommend you find a tutorial on the web on lua & sql this is so you get a general understanding of the base languages because lua is the language...

First of all you should diferenciate between server-side and client-side sources.

You dont need to modify anything on the client (and you dont have the sources for real tibia client, just for OTClient)

If you just want to add those kind of stuff, you dont need source files (as you say vc14, src, cmake). you only need the executable and try some stuff with the data folder.

i just started a server and when i try to summon a pet the client debugs
now i want to figure out how i can fix this problem, should i fix it from source files(compiling files) or data files?

i just started a server and when i try to summon a pet the client debugs
now i want to figure out how i can fix this problem, should i fix it from source files(compiling files) or data files?

We can't know without more information, it can be both in the sources (hence in the executable) or the data folder (scripts and etc).

No, just be quiet
Well, bro i am just a beginner.
I just started this like 1 month ago that's why i am asking.
Thanks for helping...
If you are a beginner I recommend you find a tutorial on the web on lua & sql this is so you get a general understanding of the base languages because lua is the language which is used to write all of the scripts, sql you won't encounter as often in scripts but it couldn't hurt to learn because other aspects of server development use sql. Xml is also used for several things such as monsters, npcs, the house & spawn files.

If you are keen about editing the sources then you should find a tutorial on C++ which is the language used for the sources, this will teach you not just the language but also about compiling the sources on linux, windows and mac. Sql also exists in the sources so you will want to have a general understanding of the language.

The ot client is written in lua, C++ and a language which is similar to css.

The AAC or website is written in php, html, css, javascript & sql.

I am not saying you have to master anyone of these languages, I am just suggesting you should at least have a general understanding of them, this will help you build anything you would like to within reason of course... well limited to your own imagination.

To summarize, things to eventually cover:
Lua - for scripting
Sql - for database
C++ - for source editing
PHP - for server side development
CSS - for client side website style development
HTML - for client side website structure
Javascript - for client side website interaction
XML - for monsters, npcs, house and spawn files editing.

None of these things will be easy initially but through trial, error and asking for help you will learn to do just about anything.. just don't give up and you will be successful.

Solution
No, just be quiet

If you are a beginner I recommend you find a tutorial on the web on lua & sql this is so you get a general understanding of the base languages because lua is the language which is used to write all of the scripts, sql you won't encounter as often in scripts but it couldn't hurt to learn because other aspects of server development use sql. Xml is also used for several things such as monsters, npcs, the house & spawn files.

If you are keen about editing the sources then you should find a tutorial on C++ which is the language used for the sources, this will teach you not just the language but also about compiling the sources on linux, windows and mac. Sql also exists in the sources so you will want to have a general understanding of the language.

The ot client is written in lua, C++ and a language which is similar to css.

The AAC or website is written in php, html, css, javascript & sql.

I am not saying you have to master anyone of these languages, I am just suggesting you should at least have a general understanding of them, this will help you build anything you would like to within reason of course... well limited to your own imagination.

To summarize, things to eventually cover:
Lua - for scripting
Sql - for database
C++ - for source editing
PHP - for server side development
CSS - for client side website style development
HTML - for client side website structure
Javascript - for client side website interaction
XML - for monsters, npcs, house and spawn files editing.

None of these things will be easy initially but through trial, error and asking for help you will learn to do just about anything.. just don't give up and you will be successful.

Thanks man for this answer <3 you are really wonderful.
This is how answers should be xD!

Back