• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling OTClient's latest source with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.

If you have time would you like to compile for me? Feels like i am going to give up forever.

Get one of Summs nightlies from the OTClient board.

To bad you gave up. You are really close. I suggest you practice and study the TFS 1.x tutorial, then this one, then the one for Remere's map editor. After this you will master the compiling for stuff thats on this site :p

haha:D Where can i find the OTclient board. XD
I found the board but the client was outdated it was only support 10.76 i use 10.77

Get one of Summs nightlies from the OTClient board.

To bad you gave up. You are really close. I suggest you practice and study the TFS 1.x tutorial, then this one, then the one for Remere's map editor. After this you will master the compiling for stuff thats on this site :p

Last edited:
I have problem compiling it... I have tried with Boost 1.55, 1.56, 1.58 and all time I have those errors:
lteopodltxyytzozhccgxvcbmhdyhpmrsyyzklafoqevjpatdhdtanqqrcchkeddlggubpovcwsgqgrwhjuzmtqeihhhjsujmbkd

Any solutions?

Solved
I have installed Boost 1.57 through installer. Then in Boost_1_57_0 folder created include folder and dropped there boost folder.
Also in Additional linker have added + lib32-msvc-12.0.

Last edited:
Me & my team successfully compile it using the official tutorial in the github
https://github.com/edubart/otclient/wiki/Compiling-on-Windows

but actualy, the last compilation just send me this error when i try to run the client:

OTClient_Problem_zpsyetlysw6.png

Can you tell me how to fix it & how to change the ip address of the client?

Thanks a lot in advance

PS:

Move this otclient.exe to folder with data folder, mods folder and modules folder. Also, don't forget about dlls.

You are missing the client data. You can find it on the github here.
https://github.com/edubart/otclient

Doesn't work

Move this otclient.exe to folder with data folder, mods folder and modules folder. Also, don't forget about dlls.

i move the three folders, first just the Data one from the tibia-master to the folder where is the otclient.exe, but doesn't work, then i add mods & modules to the folder where is the otclient.exe, but still doesnt work and the error is the same one, it persist

Can be more clear about what .dll's are and where they are?

any another solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

i try to add the "Dlls", the folder with all the dlls to the otclient folder, but doesn't work, i also try to take the dll's out of the folder and place it in the same folder than otclient.exe, but doesn't work either

The error continue beeing the same.

did i need to change the name of the folder to something? in that case, to what for?

or is something else than it's not working?

Thanks in advance

I GOT A QUESTION:
How can I turn off sound compilation (like I can in cmake-gui for codeblocks)?
[I got other problem. I cannot compile any OTClient in codeblocks after I made new project by 'cmake-gui', linking fails always]

Doesn't work

i move the three folders, first just the Data one from the tibia-master to the folder where is the otclient.exe, but doesn't work, then i add mods & modules to the folder where is the otclient.exe, but still doesnt work and the error is the same one, it persist

Can be more clear about what .dll's are and where they are?

any another solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance
This error means that otclient did not find file 'init.lua' in folder with .exe file. This file is required to let OTClient find 'in what folder im right now'. Without that it does not load data/modules.
All other errors that may appear in useage (there is init.lua, but client does not start without any reason you can find in file 'otclient.log' [it will appear in folder with .exe when they occur any error after 'init.lua').
File otclient.rc is also required to start client.

EDIT:
Compilation in VS is fast, but linking takes a lot of time, even when it goes on 4 cores...

EDIT 2:
I fixed my CodeBlocks [VS otclient libs or forgottenserver libs installation broken my CodeBlocks project - tried to use boost 1.57 in place of 1.55 from MinGW directory].
I just had to change 'Boost_DIR' to 'Boost_DIR-NOTFOUND' in cmake-gui.exe advanced options to make it work again.
I can again build my OTClient in 90 seconds! :)

Last edited:
I GOT A QUESTION:
How can I turn off sound compilation (like I can in cmake-gui for codeblocks)?
[I got other problem. I cannot compile any OTClient in codeblocks after I made new project by 'cmake-gui', linking fails always]

This error means that otclient did not find file 'init.lua' in folder with .exe file. This file is required to let OTClient find 'in what folder im right now'. Without that it does not load data/modules.
All other errors that may appear in useage (there is init.lua, but client does not start without any reason you can find in file 'otclient.log' [it will appear in folder with .exe when they occur any error after 'init.lua').
File otclient.rc is also required to start client.

EDIT:
Compilation in VS is fast, but linking takes a lot of time, even when it goes on 4 cores...

EDIT 2:
I fixed my CodeBlocks [VS otclient libs or forgottenserver libs installation broken my CodeBlocks project - tried to use boost 1.57 in place of 1.55 from MinGW directory].
I just had to change 'Boost_DIR' to 'Boost_DIR-NOTFOUND' in cmake-gui.exe advanced options to make it work again.
I can again build my OTClient in 90 seconds! :)

In pre-processor definitions remove "FW_SOUND"

Is there a way to compile it for version 10.41?
Do I just change the sources to that version or is there something else I need to do aswell?

New problem:(
Code:
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_thread-vc120-mt-1_57.lib'

Hello @Tarek1337

Did you find a solution? I tried and tried ... and tried some more...
I got from the 1st error... to the 2nd error..

And now im stuck ><'

Could you shed some light if you figured it out? :D

-Martin

Last edited:
Hello @Tarek1337

Did you find a solution? I tried and tried ... and tried some more...
I got from the 1st error... to the 2nd error..

And now im stuck ><'

Could you shed some light if you figured it out? :D

-Martin
Did you try to fix directories or/and update to a newer boost version for 32 bits

can someone upload a new otclient-msvc13-libs?
since i cant get it to work.
i get
1> otclient.vcxproj -> D:\otclient-master\vc12\Release\otclient.exe
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
and i also get this print
ec0d46c85a9de5a7ceb8efb403154dd8.png

Back