• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[COMPLETE TUTORIAL] How to setup a website

exique

Natala-ot.com
Reaction score
This is the complete tutorial for you that know nothing about OTs / MYSQL on how to setup a own WEBSITE.

First step: Downloading Xampp.
You can download xampp here. I personally recommend 1.6.6a which you can download here.

Second step: opening your ports.

(
7171/7172/80/3306)

If you do not know how to do it you can go to: PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Third step:
Check so you did it right.

Fourth step: Downloading the "website".
Which website you download depends on what server distribution you use. You can find all "websites" here.

Fifth step: Installing the "website".
First you need to rename the "websites" folder. Name it "htdocs".
After that you put it in the xampp folder (Usually C:\xampp)

Then you need to go into config.ini (Usually C:\xampp\htdocs\config\config.ini) and change
Code:
 install = "no"
To:
Code:
 install = "start"
When you have done that you open your internet browser and enter http://localhost/ and start installing. You will just have to follow step by step.

Then you have to go into your servers config.lua and edit:
Code:
     url = ""
To
Code:
     url = "http://example.no-ip.org/"
After that your done. You've got your own website!

Now you might want a dynamic ip (example.no-ip.org).

How to get a dynamic ip

First: Creating an account.
You have to go to No-IP - The DNS Service Provider to create an account.

Second: Adding a host.
You have to go to https://www.no-ip.com/members/dns/host.php

Then leave the other fields empty.
Then press the "Create Host" button.

After that your done! You have your own dynamic ip.

A tip: Download No-IP DUC here.
So you wont have to write your in your ip every time it changes (if).

Feel free to add some reputation if you found this tutorial useful. :thumbup:

Click here for a great tutorial on how to setup a otserver!

NOTE:
Also.. if you get an error with loading your config.lua try to remove all "comments" (all the green stuff that is not configurable).

Bump

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everything worked for me, the website is upp, but i can only connect it using the local ip "127.0.0.1" i've got my server upp and runing with no problem, but when i enter the ip to get to the acc maker i can't connect it. only on local, what to change?

did you open ports correctly ? 7171, 7172, 80 and 3306 ?? If not do that, also disable firewall :)

7171 and 7172 is working, cus m running the server, 80 and 3306 im not 100% sure how to open is it the same one? cus sometiems it stands they allready are in use

Success: I can see your service on **.2**.0.** on port (80)
Your ISP is not blocking port 80

Success: I can see your service on **.2**.0.** on port (3306)
Your ISP is not blocking port 3306

it's just called config.. search for config on your computer and check them trough...

You cannot find you config? -.^ how could i post a screenshot? lol

Opening port 3306, 7171 and 7172 is not necessary for a website. 7172 depends on which port you configured as your gameport.

Back