• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Create your own lighthack! (useful in <7.72 clients, create cool effects in >7.8)

Marcus

User.postCount++;
Solutions
Reaction score
There's a way I create my own lighthacks for clients.
I've only done this so far with RealOTs, it was a RPG server with slow mana gain and I didn't feel to waste 20 mana every few minutes on my paladin to see in caves, when I needed all mana to create arrows.
(I'm sure some can relate, couldn't use torch because bow + arrows, and hype was big to lvl fast, and we were all poor)

So I made a lighthack that could really be used for anything.
I'm not one that uses bots, and I prefer not, so I didn't want to use an actual tool or edit the client to give full light.
Also I had considered I might want to take screenshots, and be able to do that without obviously showing I've done shits..
And honestly, it looks way more RPG if your end-scren is close to pitch-black when walking in caves..

I made all player outfits to display light in the game, same kind of light you'd get from "utevo gran lux".
And by that I had light in all screen in caves, and I'd easy see if a player is passing close by outside the client (when it light up at end of your client).

You could do this on many levels, doing whatever you want.
Maybe to give players in older clients some free permanent light, could be set to utevo lux, and it will never get pitch black.
Or for newer clients, make edits that make a cool light you could use in combination with drawing down the client's own light level.

To do these edits, you'll need a dateditor that works for your client.
And this is how the Item Stats should say, to make outfit display light:
ceu25pi.png

I hope that some developers and maybe other find this useful to start experimenting the possibilities :)

Lol just edit client in hex.

Lol just edit client in hex.
I just gave an idea, an idea that's easier understandable for most newcommers than hex is.
Also hex is different for pretty much all clients.. can't make a tutorial for hexing on client 8.6 for example and someone can use that tutorial for 10.9 client..
And hex editing is dangerous, if done incorrectly you get an unstable client, if screwed up you can't even run the client.

Back