• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creativity - Post your mapping ideas

Dunno if someone posted it, but I think its worth to reupload this trick.
4hhH8iV.png

@2Rec can make two of the "flags" different if you want to script it to move :) great idea otherwise
Yeah i know, that's what i did actually. Thanks.

Alternative for a not moving mill may be a water wheel on a stone counters.
Looks pretty good too.

@2Rec Like the idea! Maybe it's possible to make the construction a little more realistic by rotating the house? (because the sprite is drawn with the axis going in that direction)

construction idea.png

This isnt really a creative tip but i think it belongs here anyways ^^

I know pro mappers hates the autobordering feature but I messed around with adding new sprites and then making rme extensions for them also. And I learned something that is useful for everyone using autoborders.
A tip for everybody who are using autobordering is that u can easily just change the value of "z-order" inside grounds.xml, this number is used to priortize what borders should come first.
For exampel this is what happens when u decrease the z-order of the sea ground. This is very useful if you want to use different borders and it doesnt take anytime at all to adjust.
EiKgQhk.jpg

This isnt really a creative tip but i think it belongs here anyways ^^

I know pro mappers hates the autobordering feature but I messed around with adding new sprites and then making rme extensions for them also. And I learned something that is useful for everyone using autoborders.
A tip for everybody who are using autobordering is that u can easily just change the value of "z-order" inside grounds.xml, this number is used to priortize what borders should come first.
For exampel this is what happens when u decrease the z-order of the sea ground. This is very useful if you want to use different borders and it doesnt take anytime at all to adjust.
EiKgQhk.jpg
Just a heads up: messing around with the z-order can break the autoborder feature. When two ground have the same z-order the autoborder feature doesn't know which ground to put on top of the other.

I suggest using floors that have no border sets (such as some city floors like stone tiles etc.) because their z-order is usually very low if not the lowest possible (at least in my RME mod).
I'd only mess with the z-order if you're sure you want to permanently change the behaviour of floors.

I'm changing them around all the time now to get better results, because I want some borders to be priotized over others to make maps look better. And it just takes 1min max to change them around, just open the file ctrl+f the ground save and press f5 in rme ^^

And If I want the old borders back, I just go in and change them again, it's not really permanent

Hello, I made this premium house, with 5 floors, elevator, I wanted to know if anyone knows if it is possible to do an action that goes up to the top floor. is to give it to a good player. Thanks, I hope you like it.
I have called it the rooted house!
casa.png

@lollimpo There is an elevator in Kazordoon in RL Tibia, so it surely works. You can probably download the script from any RL map and just change some coordinates to make it work.

Hello, I made this premium house, with 5 floors, elevator, I wanted to know if anyone knows if it is possible to do an action that goes up to the top floor. is to give it to a good player. Thanks, I hope you like it.
I have called it the rooted house!
View attachment 32591

You missed a corner on the bottom left beach tile where the water, sand, and grass meet. I really like the building design and the only thing out of place for me is the bear rug. I wouldn't leave that outside. I'd add some sparse grass, a few small rocks to the beach for detail. Anything else would be a little extra.

hi i am About to map a snowy City. is there any possibility to put snow on the Roofs???

there is no snowy Roofs and i am using roshamuul sprites and so i dont have a flat roof, so i cant simply put normal snow Ground on it.

i know ist a wqrong thread, but i dont wanna start an extra thread for this….

i am now mapping a snowy area, but i cant find snow covered bushes and Little snow covered fir trees, anybody knows the ID???????

Last edited by a moderator:
Winchester Mansion !! If you go in ... you can even lose yourself ... :D

View attachment 32592 View attachment 32593
Great structures. Keep working ^^ and try auto-border off.
Wishing you the best!

i know ist a wqrong thread, but i dont wanna start an extra thread for this….

i am now mapping a snowy area, but i cant find snow covered bushes and Little snow covered fir trees, anybody knows the ID???????
6715 - 6718

Flying mountain/stalactite?
Sem título.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back