• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cypher Online [Live Development]

Now the hard part of choosing what to make ^_^

@edit I'm guessing there isn't any monsters yet, only thing to currently do is to find mapping bugs.

Last edited:
Mapping bugs and testing out skills. Once the skills are finished, the origins will be done, for the most part, and then monsters will be coded. I've already planned out the mobs and etc, just need to code them and then balance them vs origins.

Most skills you can't test out because you can't use it unless you have a target and or a weapon.

When I'm active, I provide the equipment necessary to try out the skills. By the way, the skills I refer to aren't "Axe Fighting" and etc, I'm referring to spells but I call them skills as they take 0 mana, and are cooldown-based.

That's what I was also referring to. For most spells I couldn't use it unless I had a target, and for 1 spell I needed a weapon.

I take a look at the server every once in a while, as I usually stay logged in or look at the console to see if anyone has logged in, in order to show them around.

A part of the difference between live development and alpha testing is how much content is readily available/playable. Right now, since it's a development stage, the map is merely a blank canvas as the backbone is being worked on.

Added the jobs thread to the first post. Despite a lot of progress being made, a scripter is needed to ramp up progression even more.

This is one interesting server, I wish you the best of luck and looking forward to giving it a try.

A lot of progress has been made. The classes are being polished, and once they're polished, the monsters will be created.

Yes, it's still alive, I've been working on it and hosting it for the past three days straight. Every time something is added in, I hop on and test it. I make sure I go over everything with a fine-tooth comb, that way I know there'll be a minimum amount of bugs to be found (because no one person is perfect) and the tests will be focused on balance, rather than finding bugs.

Once I officially release this server, balance and bugs won't be an issue. It'll be the perfect cornerstone for more additions to be made. I'm already working on origins and items that won't be made available upon release, because they won't be 100% completed for release. However, once I release the server, the first additions will be new skills, new weapon sets, and a new origin, spread across multiple updates. The plan after that, is to release content in expansion packs, which will either see 1-2 new origins, a new set of either weapon or utility skills, and much, much more.

Its nice server and i cant wait for release but... need to do a lot of things :| i tested 2 vocs scavanger and mudperson and scavanger is a bit op :) I like this spell combo its not boring like other ot F1 F1 F1 F1 F2 F3 F1 F1 F1 F1 manas manas manas manas manas manas F4 UE FRAG!

Its nice server and i cant wait for release but... need to do a lot of things :| i tested 2 vocs scavanger and mudperson and scavanger is a bit op :) I like this spell combo its not boring like other ot F1 F1 F1 F1 F2 F3 F1 F1 F1 F1 manas manas manas manas manas manas F4 UE FRAG!

I'm happy you enjoyed your experience, and yep, there is definite balancing needed. Balancing won't come until the first Open Test which isn't for about two weeks, but progress is being made every day :)

Back