• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cypher Online [Live Development]

Jaed Le Raep

★Gaeming★
Reaction score
scaled.php

Job thread: Cypher Online: Scripter Needed.
This project has been a manifestation of 9-11 years of Tibia and Open Tibia Experience. The only mission of this project is to provide new and original concepts. gameplay systems that have yet to be ported to the Open Tibia community, and to truly provide custom, fun, balanced, fair, and honest content. It is because of that goal, why this project is a live development project.

What is Live Development?
In a gist, live development means that this project will be hosted, and publicly accessible as it develops. So anyone interested in giving certain systems a try, or would live a preview for the intentions of the project, can simply log-in and see what has been made available.
Disclaimer: With it being live development, please note that there will be many, many changes occurring. This means that player wipes, and possibly even account wipes, will be necessary as to safely implement certain changes.

Leveling like Never Before!
images
In Cypher Online, leveling will not be based around going around and killing wild monsters. It will be based on exploration and raids. Not only will the leveling scheme be much more dynamic than in Tibia and other OT Projects, any player in any area has a chance of activating 1, or more raids, for that area. In addition, through exploration, players will get exp for venturing into new areas, but these areas also host hidden checkpoints, that if found, will reap massive exp, and possibly even hidden rewards.

​In addition to the exploration, players will also uncover challenges. These challenges will be to either solve a puzzle, find an item, or even "simply" aid a NPC in a task. Completing these challenges will not only grant exp, but will also grant money, and if they're an Elite Challenge, it will also grant an Ability point which, when accumulated, can be used to unlock either additional Utility Skills or Spells or Upgrade an already obtained Utility Skill or Spell.

Origins
images
In place of vocations, comes Origins. Divided into two categories, Skill and Magic Origins, each Origin category, and Origins itself, has a gameplay vastly different from the next. In addition, there are Secret Origins that have a mixture of both Skill/Magic Origins, as well as gameplay aspects that truly strikes jealousy into others.
images
Skill Origins do not have han (mana). Instead, their skill management revolves around cooldowns, soul points, or a combination of both.
images
In addition, on-release, each skill Origin will only have access to 5 weapon skills, and 5 utility skills. Utility skills range from Insignias that Buff their parties for Mudperson, Traps that induce conditions on enemies for Scavengers, Defensive Self-Buffs and Threats for Baneling Reincarnates, and Offensive Self-Buffs and Armor Breaking for Dragon Corps Remnant.

images
For Weapon Skills, if the weapon is two-handed, then the weapon skills will consist of 1 basic, 1 utlimate, and 3 combo skills. The combo skills all work with each other, and ONLY with each other. Therefore, timing and cooldown management is necessary to pull them off. However, once performed, Skill Combos unleash the true potential of that origin's weapons.

images
Magic Origins, however, have spells. These spells utilize han (mana), and have a set composition unlike Skill Origins.
images
Prophets will be unable to cast Subtractive Magic. Their "arsenal" is composed of Buffs, Healings, and Cures. They're the only Origin that can heal itself via Spells (other Origins have to eat herbs to replenish their health/mana). Due to their inability to cast damaging/crippling/debuff spells, they rely on forming pacts with certain creatures, that will grant them an Emblem which is used to call forth that creature. There are two sets of Emblems, Higher and Lesser. Lesser Emblems call forth creatures that are in certain raids, but have a chance to disintegrate. In contrast, Higher Emblems require a sacrifice (an item, blood, or ability points) to call forth a boss-level creature, or even a boss itself. These Higher Emblems are tremendously rare, and are recognized as one of the most destructive force in existence.

Evokers are the Hands of Subtraction. That is all they do, their sinister arsenal is composed of DoT (Damage over Time) combination spells and AoE (Area of Effect). They posses and have no interest in additive magic. They're all about destruction without a fear of death. Unlike all other Origins, Evokers have a special ability that resurrects them automatically whenever they have died. They will resurrect with 10% of their total hp, as well as a sinister pet. In addition, upon resurrection, the Evoker's hp will be healed another 5% per second, for 5 seconds.

Equipment System
images
All Equipment and Weaponry in Cypher Online is 100% Custom. Each Origin has their own dedicated arsenal of Weaponry, with the exception of Prophets and Evokers which do not use weapons (not even wands/rods). They instead grasp onto stones that enhance their magic level, han regeneration, or elemental/damage absorption.

Equipment is dealt with differently, and are designated between Melee, Distance, and Magic category. Mudperson, Baneling Reincarnate, and Dragon Corps Remnant use the Melee armors. Scavengers use the Distance, and Prophets and Evokers use the Magic Sets. The Secret Origins will also be designated a category of existing sets of Equipment.
Please take a look below at some of the equipment that have been designed for Cypher Online.

scaled.php

scaled.php
scaled.php

scaled.php
scaled.php

scaled.php

Questing
images
Questing? What's that? I've never heard of a quest in Cypher Online. That's right. We are -doing away- with quests. No more simply browsing NPCs and saying what you think they want to hear. No more seemingly endless dialogue. With Cypher Online, you jump on, get geared, and you go out and Raid, raid, raid. Feeling weary from raiding? Go ahead and explore, it'll be worthwhile. If you're wondering how the story is distributed, if not through NPC or some page on the website, then answer is quite simple.

The story is distributed through the world. You may have noticed the emphasis of exploration, but it's not a one-dimensional aspect of Cypher Online. Exploring will be -the key- to unlocking most of the world's secrets. Of course, maybe even a bit of luck, as well. At the end of the day, you're not going to be exploring JUST to find someplace new. Within that someplace new, is something new. There are treasures, or maybe even death. You step out there, explore, find out all there is to find. However, venturing alone is -absolutely- suggested against. This, is also a party-play server.

Party-Play
images
In the world of Cypher Online, if you want to be a dare-devil, you'll venture out alone. Of course, much of the content is perfectly able to be conquered alone. However, there are benefits for being in a party, and consequences for not being in one.

Without a party, many benefits are missed. Such as Mudperson's Insignias, they only work whilst in a party. That, is just the beginning. In addition, if someone is to kill a boss without being in a party, they will receive no loot from that boss, just experience. But the biggest and possibly best reward for being in a Party, is the increased exp, and the amazing strategies and team-based challenges that are within the world. We want you guys to be connected with each other, a community that works together, even if you hate each other. Hate simply makes the dynamic much more interesting.

Connection Information:
Client: 9.60
IP: cyphers.no-ip.org
Account: 1/1

scaled.php

Introducing.. Mudperson

Credits!
Blez- Mapping Pieces
Synthetic_- Concepts
Siegh- Concepts and Testing
Mutz- Media and Graphics

Last edited:
scaled.php

mudperson.gif

Mudperson are a skill-based origin. Skill-based origins are origins that only have skills, not spells, as they harness absolutely no han (mana). Due to this, skill-based origin's skill management systems are based on cooldowns, soul points, or both. This introduction will highlight merely the combo skills of the Mudperson.

Mudperson sole weapons are their Lances, which are two-handed.

Each skill-based origin have 5 weapon skills, and 5 utility skills.

If the weapon is two-handed, then the weapon skills will consist of 1 basic, 1 utlimate, and 3 combo skills. The combo skills all work with each other, and ONLY with each other. Therefore, timing and cooldown management is necessary to pull them off. However, once performed, Skill Combos unleash the most strength of that origin's weapons.

If the weapon is one handed, they will only compose of 3 combo skills, and 2 secondary skills. And again, the combo skills will only work with each other, not the secondary skills.

scaled.php

Embed!:
Thrusts your lance forth once, and has a 30% chance to Embed into the enemy. If it does, it bleeds the target and allows Yank to be used for the following 3 seconds.
18 second cooldown.

scaled.php

Yank!:
For three seconds after the use of Embed!, a Mudperson is able to follow up with a Yank. With their lance embedded into their enemy, they pull their lance towards them, dragon the enemy right to them. This move then stuns both the enemy, and the Mudperson, making them unable to move for 5 seconds..
17 second cooldown

scaled.php
Sacrificial Ruin!:
The Bread-and-Butter of the Mudperson Weapon Combination, this move is quite devastation. It erupts the Mudperson, and any enemy that has been Yanked. Due to this, the Mudperson begins to bleed, but so does it's enemy. The Mudperson's blood is then used as a catalyst/sacrifice to the flames, to create an erupting tremor beneath the Mudperson, causing it's enemy to suffer intense physical damage.
17 second cooldown

Thanks Syn, and it's okay, I just would like to get some feedback from the community on their thoughts and feelings of what's been introduced to them.

This project have a lot of work put into, it can only turn out great ;)

ive read the whole introduction and i must admit im pretty impressed, raids, reminds me of making dragon soul in world of warcraft,
also the whole vocation system is pretty insane so does the spell, everything seems so unique, for example those flames that pops out at blood spots, interesting and damn smart ideas uve got there
uve got my attention with that one big time, totaly into trying the live development thing, keep up the good work and so us the update logs, Jaed!

ive read the whole introduction and i must admit im pretty impressed, raids, reminds me of making dragon soul in world of warcraft,
also the whole vocation system is pretty insane so does the spell, everything seems so unique, for example those flames that pops out at blood spots, interesting and damn smart ideas uve got there
uve got my attention with that one big time, totaly into trying the live development thing, keep up the good work and so us the update logs, Jaed!

Thanks for the support. Fairly soon, I'll be introducing one of the two Scavenger weapons, the Bow (Long/Short bow). As far as live development, I've cut down on the hosting, or rather, it's a lot more fragmented now. There'll be time periods where I host it 24/7 for 3-4 days straight, then for 2-3 days I'll host it got 4-5 hrs. It's all dependent on what I'm in the current phase of developing, but regardless, if there's a request for it to be online to see and experience everything first-hand, then there'll be no issue with such requests.

Though the hosting has been cut down, I can honestly say that my distro is quite stable, and lag-free, from what I've heard from others (and it's only home-hosted right now). So, looking forward to really beginning out first real phase, PvP, in just two weeks. (Have to get the origins done, then I'm going to focus on PvP balancing, and then PvE balancing. By the end of november, all should be ready for release/"open-beta".

Last edited:
To be quite frank, there's been a period of about a month now in which I haven't worked on the server due to a lot of creative blocks and RL happenings that have been going on. However, I began to work on the server again yesterday, and will be making a lot of progress. Even if this server isn't released right away (a month), it -will- be released.

The old files got corrupted. I'm in the process of trying to extract/re-design a lot of systems, along with plans. I have to stick to my word and say that this project will never die, no matter the set back. Thus, at this point, my focus is releasing it. Since it's I alone officially working on the project, with contributions from many members of the OT community, the plan is to release with less origins than originally desired, but releasing new origins and stories and making events based around the release of each new origin.

A lot has been salvaged, but even though much has been salvaged, the project's plans will be re-worked and take a new direction.

Just as a bit of an update, the re-direction is no longer necessary. I hadn't realized that Google Drive automatically backed up all my files from my previous HD, and found a fresh and up-to-date copy of all the server files.

With this being said, as far as everything that was already completed, will stay as is, and an Open Alpha phase will begin, should be coming fairly soon if all goes well. Details of the difference between this Open Alpha and Live Development phase will be announced when preparations have been made.

Back