• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Darkonia: The Revolution ||RPG||Low Rate||Custom Map 100%||Custom Sprites||

Sub race quest options:

• Half orc, Half Dragon, Half Demon.

Votes: 62 47.3%
  • Half Elf, Half Undead, Half Dwarf

Votes: 50 38.2%
  • Other: State in comment.

Votes: 19 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha it is okay madlander :p and sorry about that :p and you aren't soley to blame, i am for not mapping fast enough haha :D

But we now have a new mapper and it is okay anyway because the beta will be released after the 25th of june (end of my exams) since i wont have time to "moderate" the server due to my exams so not much point releasing the beta while the admin isn't available to fix bugs etc. :p

And since you are the scripter you will be given GOD status as i would need a member of that rank/access who is experienced in scripting aswell as trustworthy :)

Sorry about the lack of updates on this thread - work is still being done and much more had been added.

Althought not had alot of time between exams :/ AND THEY WERE HORRIBLE! :mad: so been drowing my sorrows ever since.

haha

Promise to post something soon,

regards

MaIxW.png

22:26 You see a story book. It weighs 10.00oz. It says

ohIhq.gif
Every day a potential pure heart is born, it could be you!

Join Darkonia! Join the Revolution.

Map updates: click me

Rough explanation of the server:

Begin rook (Yallendale Springs) at level 1. Run round completing various quests and shizness (shitty business) until level 5 where you can begin quest of life {(vocation quest) Once you complete the quest (each vocation is a different path) you learn 2 vocation specific spells; 1 defensive - Healing, and one offensive.} You then continue to level to level 8 in which you can do the last quest in rook to get permission to use Dante's boat to sail to the mainland. However, Dante doesn't trust you to go on your own and sends you with Navigator Edwin. You then "shipwreck" on an island due to a bad storm; and a poor designed boat, and then have to build a small raft to sail to the closest shore. Upon completing this, you find you have been situated on an island inhabitated with zombies and help the city by doing various tasks and missions, ultimately unlocking more of the city and finally gaining your access to the mainland where you will find your self in Ravanamere; The City of Titans.

Upon reaching the mainland you will be level 9 and will be greeted by Sir Waldo who will mark certain locations on your map, explain a few fundamentals and start you off on your very first mainland quest.

The main continent is made up of 3 main cities; Ravanamere, Furam and Daria, with a few smaller towns and villages along your path. There are Train Stations in each of the main cities, that with a ticket; bought/rewarded and/or given allow access to each city whilst experiencing the nature around you as you journey. There also will be the access of ships but for a much higher cost.
There are more map ideas that will be implemented after the release as i find too much may discourage you to play until you become familiar with the map, and thus there will be npcs, guides and/or other features to ensure you can get used to the server fairly quickly and simply.

Obviously since i am advertising for a beta, i would be greatly appreciative of ALL feedback, positive and negative; since i wont know what is wrong unless you tell me.

I am ambitious yet i don't intend to "stray" from tibia, so relax it wont be complicated and i will personally see to it all my players are satisfied with my server, and hope you all enjoy the testing.

Also please note, all those participating in the beta will receive unique items come public release. Thanks for your assistance and cooperation and i look forward to meeting you :)

Server Info:
Darkonia.no-ip.org (eventually will be Darkonia.com or similar)
Client: 9.1-31

Client will be custom, due to the sprites etc.

Beta status: Closed & Waiting.
Applicants: 20 Out Of A Max Of 20.
XML:
 Cyro, epic, spyk3z, moataz hero, OrcAsim, Madlander, Zatjin, ceejzor, aryak, scarlet ayleid, Ghosty, Bruthus, 6464026, sickem, reasembled, nitron, testaa, Zuma master, flintastek123, Elementz
Thank you.

(Sorry these pictures are not top quality, i totally forgot about "do not stretch window" but they are here none the less)

Tporw.png

GZM2v.png

vU5jA.png

As promised:
Vocations Table
(only basic vocations are done, will complete asap)
TS4V.png

1FUgP.png
lVg1P.png
iqqnG.png
realised i missed the "type" for mages. It is offensive/defensive.

Map updates:
JOK0N.png
hlxn4.png
uvgex.png
RwO2M.png
PspVT.png
ojT1B.png

TsRH.png
ZxOm.png
L1H3h.png

Sounds awesome, im getting more active again maybe i will check this out when it is released! Good luck ;)

All i took from that was the outline of the book. The page background i took from google under "ancient book page" and the rest i did myself. So no didn't really steal the layout!

this is looking good i will definitely play this ot because i like rpg :D

lol
i felt i saw somethin like that before
and u took the idea too i think!!

Yh but you can't claim an idea really, there have been plenty similar throughout the "ages" and if the idea hasn't been thought of yet - someone else would have. I am sure many games have adopted this theme nevermind tibia servers. I liked the idea so i adopted it towards my own. I see no harm in it as i didn't "rip" the whole thing. I could not find an outline for the pages so i used that one.

Alot of servers take ideas throughout the community, and that is what makes a good server. The community provided ideas provide the best servers for the community.

I see there are no grounds on stating i have stolen it since you all have "stolen" the client - nevermind if it is edited. And i am sure the graphic designer behind the source i took it off has adopted it from a google image or similar.

Also in all honesty i was looking for a double paged spread of a book and/or an interactive book in which you can turn the pages yourself with a cool page turning sound and/or moving pictures that make reference to the story - mainly a publicity stunt ;)
Alot of time is needed for that so i settled for this. Maybe in the future when i design the website i will adopt this idea into it and this would really make my server, OUR server, stand out!

Yh but you can't claim an idea really, there have been plenty similar throughout the "ages" and if the idea hasn't been thought of yet - someone else would have. I am sure many games have adopted this theme nevermind tibia servers. I liked the idea so i adopted it towards my own. I see no harm in it as i didn't "rip" the whole thing. I could not find an outline for the pages so i used that one.

Alot of servers take ideas throughout the community, and that is what makes a good server. The community provided ideas provide the best servers for the community.

I see there are no grounds on stating i have stolen it since you all have "stolen" the client - nevermind if it is edited. And i am sure the graphic designer behind the source i took it off has adopted it from a google image or similar.

Also in all honesty i was looking for a double paged spread of a book and/or an interactive book in which you can turn the pages yourself with a cool page turning sound and/or moving pictures that make reference to the story - mainly a publicity stunt ;)
Alot of time is needed for that so i settled for this. Maybe in the future when i design the website i will adopt this idea into it and this would really make my server, OUR server, stand out!

no problem anyway i wish that kuyzn skip that ^_^

Anyway good luck with your project :D hope it does well - looks good.

@topic~ Aiming to show some more updates for the map on the mapping thread - maybe some other features on here. Thanks

Last edited:
is there a possibility to join beta? i could focus on druidlike vocations and catch all the issues if there are any :)

think about it faster :D im super boored

Haha, well the beta wont be up until about a month. The 25th of june is my last exam, when i have full focus on this, and will be able to get it up in that time.

But it depends how fast i can get the scripting side done since now this is the most important part since the mapping is at a decent level and progress for the release. Just the nature between cities etc needs to be finished. And touch up a few areas.

So like i said: we'll see what happens because i have a feeling not ALL 20 of the beta testers will be available - i started the thread a while before release since i didn't think i would fill the spaces so fast. I may raise the limit but we will see what happens.

Also all those in the beta will be used in the official trailer for the server aswell. There will be a pre-release - beta trailer prior to this also.

I plan to have 3 main trailers. One that explains the story. One that explains the PvP and PvM aswell as vocations and choices.
And the third will be for advertisment :)

The story and partial advertisement trailer will be released before the public release. ;)

And PvP would be enabled at the end of the 2nd week of the beta. This allows beta testers 2 weeks to log on, and experience the server before getting attacked by everyone ;3

I am also in two minds whether to have Optional PvP since this is an RPG server and Guild Wars should be where the majority of pking is allowed. Yet i could just have guard outposts around the map inwhich they will attack skulled players only. And to areas where no outpost is - warning signs and messages to those who venture into them.

This idea is open for change so any suggestions please do go ahead and suggest them. Also join my group for the server. It can be found by clicking on my profile and looking at the groups tab.

Cheers & regards
Ghost + the development team.

make it normal pvp world :/ it's rpg and essence of rpg is fighting with others to gain superiority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back