• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dayz

How do I change the view of my character? (like wow instead of cod view?)
How do I pick up items, loot?

How can I find my friend? I don't have a compass..

Change view - numpad enter
Pick up items - push the scroll button

no clue how to find your friends :p Also I could use some tips on what to do in the begning, no weps and I cant seem to defend myself with melee against Zombies :(

So I played for a bit.. Well managed to. It was so laggy it was unreal lol.

I ran near a building with 2 zombies chasing me, a dead body was there but i couldnt open it, i didnt know how, then another zombie came so i ran and jumped into the sea, two of the zombies followed me and were standing there staring at me for about 3 minutes, then one started.... 'dancing' xd

stand on the body and press g, the simple way when you're in a rush.

Picking up items while being in a rush is really hard, you guys should all play the tutorial in Arma 2 itself first.

@Amoaz, Guns won't come for you, you need to enter a building.

To know if you can enter a certain building, if it has windows and you can see through them inside then you can enter it ^_^

All items are always in any corner of the building.

My first gun was actually a revolver and I was like, fuckyeah.jpg

And to find your friends you must be in the same server, since you guys are new to this game I'd just say when you spawn there will be in the bottom right always a city name, get both of you and your friend's and google the dayz map.

As for a tip in the begging of the game, don't let zombie see you.

They're attractive to both sight and hearing, if you sprint (by pressing w twice then holding it) they will hear you.

For sight it's pretty much hard to avoid that, just make sure not to stand in a straight line infront of them, best weapon you can find at first is hatchet.

Last edited:
Change view - numpad enter
Pick up items - push the scroll button

no clue how to find your friends :p Also I could use some tips on what to do in the begning, no weps and I cant seem to defend myself with melee against Zombies :(

Pay attention where you spawn, try to find the same spot like your friends. Easiest way to find weapons is Chernogorsk or Elektrozavodsk (Two biggest cities so also its easiest to get a bullet to your head, thats how it works). Try to not attract other zombies, easier to spot

Pay attention where you spawn, try to find the same spot like your friends. Easiest way to find weapons is Chernogorsk or Elektrozavodsk (Two biggest cities so also its easiest to get a bullet to your head, thats how it works). Try to not attract other zombies, easier to spot

Isn't there anywhere a cracked version of Dayz? Reading what you wrote and I felt an urge to play the game. Like... RIGHT NOW, DAMMIT!
So please answer me! :D ^

If you start at Elektrozabodsk then know that the server is trolling you, there will be no zombies and small houses opened without a single item :p

@hiper, No, unless you know an organization I don't think so.

If i buy it do i have to buy Arma II and also Arma II : CO?

If i buy it do i have to buy Arma II and also Arma II : CO?

Dayz is not a game, you can get the free ARMA II version and buy arrowhead from steam.

Come on guys the sale on steam ends tomorrow :D

If I overclocked my graphics card would it work? :eek:

I know theres risks, but I cant really remember what risks there are :p

If I overclocked my graphics card would it work? :eek:

I know theres risks, but I cant really remember what risks there are :p

Overclocking isn't used for that thingies, if the game can't run then it won't run

And the risks are very high actually.

As I said, get a cheap pc and get a good gpu

Back