• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Dedicated Linux Freezes! Please help.

MatsVJ

Reaction score
Hello, a good known hoster is hosting my OT on a linux dedicated server.
Its going 100% without laggs, but it freezes for 8 seconds every 2 minutes or so.
But in between its 100% lagg free..

I've tried asking friends for support but none seem to know or care to help.
Do any of you guys know what the cause of this might be?

I've gotten the feeling it may have something to do with the Database, but if so.. How can i search for the problem or how can i try to fix this?

cotips.servegame.com <---- If you want to experience the freezes and get the feeling of what it might be.

Fast reply would be appreciated!^_^

I'd say, serversave?

Im sure its not the SS, Because when it broadcasts Server Save, I have this auto saving where it says "it might freeze" Then it ofcourse freezes.
But i get this random short freezes all the time, Maybe it can be some other saves without the server saves wich is every 2 hours..?

If so where can i look for those scripts or configs?

Will do soon as possible, Im at work right now, And the ports to access my Dedicated Linux Server is closed here. I work as IT on a School ;) I bet you know how school networks are. But it would be awsome if you could help me! Il Post it soon as i get home, If you want it in a Private Message, Let me know via Private Message.

Thanks again!

It might be that when your players buy donations it is a server save when he recieve his gift.. may cause freezes

Edited:Nvm u dont got donations to buy.

It might be that when your players buy donations it is a server save when he recieve his gift.. may cause freezes

Edited:Nvm u dont got donations to buy.

Yeh havnt activated that function yet, But thanks alot for your effort ! :) I really want this to work out.
~Posting the globalevents.xml now.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<globalevents>

<globalevent name="init" type="startup" event="script" value="init.lua"/>
<globalevent name="globalsave" type="globalsave" event="script" value="init.lua"/>
<globalevent name="record" type="record" event="script" value="record.lua"/>
<globalevent name="save" interval="3600000" event="script" value="save.lua"/>
<globalevent name="clean" interval="7200000" event="script" value="clean.lua"/>
<!-- <globalevent name="timer_example" time="21:35:11" event="script" value="my_script.lua"/> -->
<globalevent name="raids" interval="15000" event="script" value="raid.lua"/>

<globalevent name="serverstart" type="start" event="script" value="start.lua"/>
<globalevent name="peekhole" type="start" event="script" value="peekhole.lua"/>

</globalevents>

Could't find any other saves than Save and Globalsave, Save is the normal one where it broadcasts.
And then the Globalsave is there, but it dosnt seem to be a script for it in the "Script Folder"

I think your using 0.4 DEV because that server save time is kind of a big...
Then you probly should change
Code:
<globalevent name="raids" interval="15000" event="script" value="raid.lua"/>
15000 = 15 seconds...

The server auto spawns random raids every 24 hours or so i belive, not every 15 sec.
Anyhow please tell me what i may try to change it to, and why that might help. I dont even know what interval 15,000 is sopose to do, and why it may create freezes. please help! :)

The server auto spawns random raids every 24 hours or so i belive, not every 15 sec.
Anyhow please tell me what i may try to change it to, and why that might help. I dont even know what interval 15,000 is sopose to do, and why it may create freezes. please help! :)

You should be able to fix the raid intervals in either globalevents.xml, or raids.xml.

You should be able to fix the raid intervals in either globalevents.xml, or raids.xml.

Thanks, but i need help with the freezes, i just wanted to know why this may have something to do with that.

Im having freezing problems as i said in the first post :)

Thanks for trying to help!

Back