• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

deleted thread

Little preview to new champions. Beta server starts in 2 hours!

Eagle-Eye:
55421400.png

Eagle-Eye is a long range dps champion with many combat abilities. His main pro is that he can Reload all his cooldowns once per 70 seconds which gives him a posibility to make effective combos.

• Multi Shot, cooldown: 8, Ranged attack which does moderate damage few times.
  • Poison Arrow, cooldown: 15, Ranged attack that poisons target.
  • Piercing Shot, cooldown: 20, High damage ranged attack.
  • Knot, cooldown: 30, Ties the enemy Stunning him for a short time.
  • Reload, cooldown: 70, Reloads all cooldowns.
  • Quick Shot (auto attack), cooldown: 1, A quick ranged attack. Small ammount of damage.

Ron:
outfitj.png

Ron is a medium range support champion which have many handy abilities while fighting against many enemies. He can also fit in a close range dps role.

• Mend, cooldown: 15, Heals periodicaly his allies.
  • Pirate Game, cooldown: 25, Confuses his enemy making him run in random directions.
  • Rescue, cooldown: 80, Teleports all members of his team to him. (only works in rated matches)
  • Run, cooldown: 20, Run 7 sqms.
  • Sabre Strike, cooldown 6, Moderate damage close range attack.
  • Set Up Explosives (auto attack), cooldown 3, Similar to Hawk-Eye's trap but goes out quicker.

Gorgo:
outfit1i.png

Gorgo is a close range dps champion who also has many ranged abilities. His main pro is his demoralizing banner which can stop an oponent team of rushing.

• Death Grip, cooldown: 25, Teleports target to him.
  • Demoralizing Banner, cooldown: 40, Places a banner which paralyzes the enemies.
  • Rush, cooldown: 25, Similar to Romper's charge.
  • Slash, cooldown: 8, Strikes 3 targets in front of him for a moderate damage.
  • Thunder Clap, cooldown: 15, Jumps to a target and hits him hard.
  • Stomp (auto attack), cooldown: 5, Slow, but high damage attack.

Talina:
outfit2q.png

Talina is a ranged/close range dps who uses both her summon and magical abilities to fight.

• Drown Enemies, cooldown: 25, Drowns enemies dealing delayed damage really quick.
  • Water Bound, cooldown: 100, Sacrifices her summon to regain 2/3 of his health.
  • Hydrosphere, cooldown: 40, Absorbs all magical damage.
  • Summon Water Elemental, cooldown: 80, Summons a water elemental to fight with her.
  • Tsunami, cooldown: 17, Close range area attack which does moderate damage.
  • Hydrobolt (auto attack), cooldown: 3, Ranged attack which hits target's nearby enemies.

Last edited:
so u made new champs and skipped tehlim? XD

Tehlim will be a hybrid champion (means dps, tank, heal) and he is not ready yet, since I've to put much effort in order to make him playable.

Items are now working. In order to buy items head south to the Equipement Manager and ask him to "buy" some items. Each item costs 45 honor points. I've added 450 honor points to every account. You only need to have items inside your backpack to make them work. :) Test server starts in 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Eagle-Eye is a long range dps champion with many sombat abilities. His main pro is that he can Reload all his cooldowns once per 70 seconds which gives him a posibility to make effective combos.
I guess you wanted to write "combat" instead of "sombat".

Tehlim will be a hybrid champion (means dps, tank, heal) and he is not ready yet, since I've to put much effort in order to make him playable.

Items are now working. In order to buy items head south to the Equipement Manager and ask him to "buy" some items. Each item costs 45 honor points. I've added 450 honor points to every account. You only need to have items inside your backpack to make them work. :) Test server starts in 45 minutes.
my friend will join too but he havent made acc. so he wont get honor i think? but thank you for the 450

So guys, any opinions? How was it on beta tests? What are your feelings? :)

It's nice to play, but there are several points that could be improved:
- balancing (captain obvious)
- the chat with the teammanager could be made shorter. You have to give several variables and when you want to invite multiple people you have to start over again with inviting every time.
- getting teams takes quite some times. You can also be in one team only, so you must disband and create guilds every time. Some kind of solo queue would be nice. You can tell the npc for example for which matches you want to queue up. If you queue up for 2vs2, 3vs3 and 5vs5 you will start a game as soon as two teams can be made for one of the modes. A premade team could fight against a team of solo queuers for example or two teams of solo queuers. This would speed things up a lot and make it much faster.
- It would also be nice if you could choose new champions every time and maybe have 15 seconds more to pick a champion and make new hotkeys.

My opinions: (tested a few champions).

CHAMPIONS:
*Romper
>Balanced, not too much dmg, not to low. Entertaining abilities, I enjoy him. My favorite champion so far!

*Angus
>Unbalanced, underpowered.
>>Too Squishy.
>>Too LOW damage. (Every ability needs a boost/rework).
>>Low range Abilities/AoE Spells.
>Being squishy, dealing low damage and having a low range on his abilities/aoe makes him really weak.
>I got 2 shotted and barely dealed any damage against Hawk-Eye and I 2 shotted an Angus when I played Romper and he barely did any damage to me, he landed a few abilities before I charged & slaughtered him.

*Rosalie
>Unbalanced (Useless)
>>Support Role but barely heals anything, needs a huge boost on heal, should heal around 2-3k (?) based on CD's and no DMG dealt from her, real support needed!
>>A little bit too much Health, 7500 HP for a support is way too much, reduce HP, boost heal and boost mana. that would be cool.
>>Needs more explanation on her abilities, I still don't understand what healing surge does and that water splash ability, I used them several times but I don't notice anything, no heal or anything xD.

*Venom
>Unbalanced, a little bit overpowered still.
>>Too tanky for the amount of damage dealt.
>>Solution according to me would be, lower the health and damage abit, (Health should be at 4,5k-5k and damage SLIGHTLY decreased, just a LITTLE bit).

*Sponger
>Balanced so far, played him once and seen him once, was OK, not too strong/weak.
>Need to fix the friendly fire on teammates pets and damage on himself when his explosive pets explode.
>>When dead and spectating, he is summoning pets from his passive that follows his ghost. Should be fixed, can be real disturbing.

*Carina
>Abit unbalanced.
>>Boost wolves damage abit but reduce the amount of wolves, too many on screen, real annoying. (Maybe change the bonus from the items u can equip, "Chance to summon 3x wolves & 1x war wolf" NO PLEASE!).
>>Health OK
>>Increase movement speed, shes real slow compared to the others.
>>When she dies, same thing happends to her in spectator mode. Real disturbing with all the wolves following her ghost.

The rest champions, I don't know. I need to play them/against them more.

OVERALL

*The map is too BIG! Feels like a hide'n'seek game. Gets real boring when u search for minutes. Make the map atleast 50% smaller. (It's PvP arena/battleground, fight fight/battle battle, not a circuit where u run around like headless chickens :p)

*Change the spell formula of all champions to the same. It's really boring to change ur hotkeys entire time when u change champion. I mean that you should make all 5 abilities named the same on all champions, like a1, a2, a3, a4, a5. (Would love to see this implemented!). Then you don't have to change hotkeys 24/7 and remember all the formulas for all champions.

*Spectator mode, currently it's really boring to be above them. You don't see the HP of the players that fight, you don't see names, when same champions are against eachother, you don't know who is who. Really boring to spectate in it's current state :/. Fix so you can walk next to them, you cannot do anything, just run and spectate, like on WoW spectator mode. Would be awesome ^.^!

*Explain the abilities of champions more, I still don't know what some of the abilities does. Would love to see a guide explaining em :D!

MOST IMPORTANT FIXES

1. Reduce the map size!
2. Fix spectator mode!
3. Formula same on all champs!
4. Balance Rosalie, Angus first, those are the weakest ones and needs a rework asap!
5. Balance the other "semi-OP/UP" ones.
6. Explain the champion abilities.

And when most bugs are fixed and other stuff. It's time for fun updates for the server, where you for example implement new champion every week and a map once in a while.
Example of Schedule (2 months schedule that should get repeated)

(Every Friday)
WEEK 1 = Support Champion Added
WEEK 2 = Assassin/Brusier Champion Added
WEEK 3 = Top Voted/Suggested Custom Champion @Forum Added.
WEEK 4 = Ranged Champion Added (either mage/adc) #1 2vs2 Team gives idea for next released champion.
WEEK 5 = The #1 2vs2 Team Idea Champion Released. #1 3vs3 Team gives idea for next released champion.
WEEK 6 = The #1 3vs3 Team Idea Champion Released. #1 5vs5 Team gives idea for next released champion.
WEEK 7 = The #1 5vs5 Team Idea Champion Released.
WEEK 8 = New Arena Map & Season Reset! [All teams reset their ratings, time for new teams to shine and get #1] The #1 Teams of 2vs2, 3vs3 & 5vs5 Gets player statues at Hall of Fame (?) Shows Player name, Rating, what season & team.

{If #1 Team doesn't give idea, then #2 Team does it, if not #3 Team does etc. IF no team gives idea = Gm think of one, or no new champion next week}.
{Champion Balancements/Item Balancements etc. should not be counted in the schedule lol, just made it for fun and now I really like the schedule xD!!}

END

Long post I know, I hope you read it and that you atleast agree with some parts here and that you balance the champions that needs it the most. I know I typed alot, but hey! It all don't need to get implemented directly, but the Schedule (I'm in love with it, it would keep the server updated and fun).

Real good server, got potential! I wish you the best and I hope my suggestions/opinions are useful 2 you ^^!

It's nice to play, but there are several points that could be improved:
- balancing (captain obvious)
- the chat with the teammanager could be made shorter. You have to give several variables and when you want to invite multiple people you have to start over again with inviting every time.
- getting teams takes quite some times. You can also be in one team only, so you must disband and create guilds every time. Some kind of solo queue would be nice. You can tell the npc for example for which matches you want to queue up. If you queue up for 2vs2, 3vs3 and 5vs5 you will start a game as soon as two teams can be made for one of the modes. A premade team could fight against a team of solo queuers for example or two teams of solo queuers. This would speed things up a lot and make it much faster.
- It would also be nice if you could choose new champions every time and maybe have 15 seconds more to pick a champion and make new hotkeys.

The idea with making teams with random people was in my mind since the begining and will be probably added soon. Added +15 s to select a champion.

My opinions: (tested a few champions).

CHAMPIONS:
*Romper
>Balanced, not too much dmg, not to low. Entertaining abilities, I enjoy him. My favorite champion so far!

*Angus
>Unbalanced, underpowered.
>>Too Squishy.
>>Too LOW damage. (Every ability needs a boost/rework).
>>Low range Abilities/AoE Spells.
>Being squishy, dealing low damage and having a low range on his abilities/aoe makes him really weak.
>I got 2 shotted and barely dealed any damage against Hawk-Eye and I 2 shotted an Angus when I played Romper and he barely did any damage to me, he landed a few abilities before I charged & slaughtered him.

*Rosalie
>Unbalanced (Useless)
>>Support Role but barely heals anything, needs a huge boost on heal, should heal around 2-3k (?) based on CD's and no DMG dealt from her, real support needed!
>>A little bit too much Health, 7500 HP for a support is way too much, reduce HP, boost heal and boost mana. that would be cool.
>>Needs more explanation on her abilities, I still don't understand what healing surge does and that water splash ability, I used them several times but I don't notice anything, no heal or anything xD.

*Venom
>Unbalanced, a little bit overpowered still.
>>Too tanky for the amount of damage dealt.
>>Solution according to me would be, lower the health and damage abit, (Health should be at 4,5k-5k and damage SLIGHTLY decreased, just a LITTLE bit).

*Sponger
>Balanced so far, played him once and seen him once, was OK, not too strong/weak.
>Need to fix the friendly fire on teammates pets and damage on himself when his explosive pets explode.
>>When dead and spectating, he is summoning pets from his passive that follows his ghost. Should be fixed, can be real disturbing.

*Carina
>Abit unbalanced.
>>Boost wolves damage abit but reduce the amount of wolves, too many on screen, real annoying. (Maybe change the bonus from the items u can equip, "Chance to summon 3x wolves & 1x war wolf" NO PLEASE!).
>>Health OK
>>Increase movement speed, shes real slow compared to the others.
>>When she dies, same thing happends to her in spectator mode. Real disturbing with all the wolves following her ghost.

The rest champions, I don't know. I need to play them/against them more.

OVERALL

*The map is too BIG! Feels like a hide'n'seek game. Gets real boring when u search for minutes. Make the map atleast 50% smaller. (It's PvP arena/battleground, fight fight/battle battle, not a circuit where u run around like headless chickens :p)

*Change the spell formula of all champions to the same. It's really boring to change ur hotkeys entire time when u change champion. I mean that you should make all 5 abilities named the same on all champions, like a1, a2, a3, a4, a5. (Would love to see this implemented!). Then you don't have to change hotkeys 24/7 and remember all the formulas for all champions.

*Spectator mode, currently it's really boring to be above them. You don't see the HP of the players that fight, you don't see names, when same champions are against eachother, you don't know who is who. Really boring to spectate in it's current state :/. Fix so you can walk next to them, you cannot do anything, just run and spectate, like on WoW spectator mode. Would be awesome ^.^!

*Explain the abilities of champions more, I still don't know what some of the abilities does. Would love to see a guide explaining em :D!

MOST IMPORTANT FIXES

1. Reduce the map size!
2. Fix spectator mode!
3. Formula same on all champs!
4. Balance Rosalie, Angus first, those are the weakest ones and needs a rework asap!
5. Balance the other "semi-OP/UP" ones.
6. Explain the champion abilities.

And when most bugs are fixed and other stuff. It's time for fun updates for the server, where you for example implement new champion every week and a map once in a while.
Example of Schedule (2 months schedule that should get repeated)

(Every Friday)
WEEK 1 = Support Champion Added
WEEK 2 = Assassin/Brusier Champion Added
WEEK 3 = Top Voted/Suggested Custom Champion @Forum Added.
WEEK 4 = Ranged Champion Added (either mage/adc) #1 2vs2 Team gives idea for next released champion.
WEEK 5 = The #1 2vs2 Team Idea Champion Released. #1 3vs3 Team gives idea for next released champion.
WEEK 6 = The #1 3vs3 Team Idea Champion Released. #1 5vs5 Team gives idea for next released champion.
WEEK 7 = The #1 5vs5 Team Idea Champion Released.
WEEK 8 = New Arena Map & Season Reset! [All teams reset their ratings, time for new teams to shine and get #1] The #1 Teams of 2vs2, 3vs3 & 5vs5 Gets player statues at Hall of Fame (?) Shows Player name, Rating, what season & team.

{If #1 Team doesn't give idea, then #2 Team does it, if not #3 Team does etc. IF no team gives idea = Gm think of one, or no new champion next week}.
{Champion Balancements/Item Balancements etc. should not be counted in the schedule lol, just made it for fun and now I really like the schedule xD!!}

END

Long post I know, I hope you read it and that you atleast agree with some parts here and that you balance the champions that needs it the most. I know I typed alot, but hey! It all don't need to get implemented directly, but the Schedule (I'm in love with it, it would keep the server updated and fun).

Real good server, got potential! I wish you the best and I hope my suggestions/opinions are useful 2 you ^^!

Great feedback! Most of your bug reports are fixed now. The week shedule will be probably similar. I'll also add hotkeys to all champions (a1, a2, a3, a4, a5) so no more hotkeys changing! (the old method will be still availible tho)

I'm also planing to create mini games such as pacman, bomberman, snake, slot machines to entertain people and let them win some honor points.

Today's bugfixes:
  • Mechanics: summons are removed after death in rated matches now, cooldowns are reseted after death in ffa mode, 15 more seconds to choose a champion
  • Slender: shadow walk can be casted only when targeting someone and no longer causes exhaustion
  • Hawk-Eye: reflect no longer causes exhaustion, speed reduced
  • Lilly: blink and frost armor no longer causes exhaustion
  • Eagle-Eye: reload no longer causes exhaustion, knot's cooldown increased, speed reduced
  • Gorgo: slash damage increased and cooldown decreased, health increased
  • Npc: equipement manager is selling all items now
  • Venom: can now summon up to 2 larvas, larvas heal him more often
  • Carina: max 2 dogs in one time, max 4 summons in one time (excluding wolf packs), wolf pack now summon less wolves, max 2 war wolfs in one time, speed increased
  • Talina: resistances and health increased
  • Sponger: can only summon 1 "ling", can only summon one slimeling
  • Ron: traps go out in 3s now
  • Critical: fixed bug when 2 hawk-eyes were attacking each other while having reflect on (the same with retaliation buff)
  • Angus: health increased, resistances increased
  • Rosalie: health decreased, resistances remade, increased regeneration, healing spells now have less cooldown
  • Bruter: speed increased, health increased

Last edited:
News

I've added some new features which everyone wanted:
  • You now select your champion from a list
  • Teams are now marked with shields (only in rated matches)
  • 5vs5 fights now work properly
  • Added hotkeys, now you can use "a1, a2, a3, a4, a5" to cast abilities

pic19l.png
pic18j.png

pic17j.png

i played yesterday, and the problem i had, is once my partner logged off, i had to use without him, so i had to log off aswell, you need maybe, 2v2, random people, etc

i played yesterday, and the problem i had, is once my partner logged off, i had to use without him, so i had to log off aswell, you need maybe, 2v2, random people, etc
thats cool idea, but i was thinking if surrender is possible too?

As some of you requested: the looking for a team feature

pic20d.png

To join looking for team queue just go to Team Manager and say:

HI
LOOKING
(TEAM TYPE)

To invite players from this queue just say:

HI
INVITE
(TEAM TYPE)
LOOKING

And choose from the list. :)

90 MINUTES TILL BETA IS OPENED AGAIN

im so excited, me and muki, Joker/Jokar - Smokiee/Mukie, are on skype, waiting all day for beta open!

- - - Updated - - -

4 more minutes! till beta is open

Back