• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you think I should bring up OriginalTibia again?

Should OriginalTibia return?

• Yes

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 55 47.8%

• Total voters
i think its a smart idea of you to get it up as fast as possible. tibianic is down now due problems with RL tibia, this means that tibianic may have to shut down because of some reasons wich RL tibia came with. so if you got some cash for dedicated you should do it now so more people will start on original;)

Why wouldn't you donate? is it an embaressement to donate to a server? It's not, if you think the server have enough potenial why not donate? I mean, we've spent several of hours working on this project for free, that we could've spent on other things, we deserve some donations in order to maintain the server to fit the players need.

Also, I highly doubt Cipsoft even spoke to Tibianic, why would they bother caring about a 200 players server of client 7.4? They'd rather crush servers such as the top-listed server on otservlist, with over 800 players, that's something to take down, bringing down Tibianic wouldn't help them shit. So it's probably yet another lame lie that Remere told you all.

But this is an assumption, it might have happened, then I'll only laugh, since Cipsoft shouldn't care about otservers with players under 500, they should invest on bringing down servers with over 500 instead.

But enough of that, there's many people within this community who hate donations, how do you think a server is runned? for free? you either donate in order to make it living or we have to setup donations ourselves and pay for the first month by our own pockets somehow.

[email protected] is our paypal account, do not hesitate to make a donation, thank you.

7.4 only got DirectX5 support which means many computers have a very low performance. It is not suitable any longer.

If only YATC had better performance it would be an option. However it doesn't. *sadface*.

7.4 only got DirectX5 support which means many computers have a very low performance. It is not suitable any longer.

If only YATC had better performance it would be an option. However it doesn't. *sadface*.

Well, it's their only option to play, and if i'm not mistaken, it's even directX3, wether it's good to play or not, I think they rather choose that option than playing any other 8.7 shit.

I doubt 250 players will move from a 2x rate server because its offline for a day or two. After all they waited a few months last time it was offline? But 2x and 7x (?) is big difference and I think many players who like old school didnt start Tibianic because its too low.

But we are not here to discuss wether you think 250 players will start or not, but to answer that and close that case; people do not care about loyality within the servers, they could switch server easily depending on which one they prefer the best or if it offers a higher exp rate, personally, what I've heard from some people.. OriginalTibia has a higher class than Tibianic, that is not sure though, but we'll see.

No off-topic guys.

i think 7x exp rate is good, but not with a real map because in the older times owners did at least something to make a fun server instead just download and run (except the people with very low scripting skills or lazy bad mappers who make just a circle with 1 tile and put few monsters and some stones or whatever).

Lagmacun, just because it's a real map doesn't mean it's a download&run server, you better watch your conclusions before you make a bigger fool than you already proved you are. And looking at your signature links, you shouldn't even try to compare my server with anything you can make, because it seems like you can't even portforward, to even be able to make a server without downloading and running yourself.

So, the point is, don't judge until you see it, your free to ask, but not state invalid facts.

Why realmap and not custom, since custom map takes too much time and nobody can be arsed to do that, it would for sure be awesome to host a very dedicated custom map that is professionally made by a team, but I wouldn't count on that, because I know it will fail if your team is too lazy.

I never said you got a download and run server ;], I only tried to say thatit would be better to make a old server but also same style you know... like the older owners try to make something from his server. and the second i never had hosting problems until now without edit anything it got all messy now.

If you mean hacked twice, yes. Why did you mention that btw, that wasn't a question. I can bet my finger on it, it was just to spread a bad rumour about the security of OriginalTibia. You should go deeper if you want to talk about these issues, but I don't really feel like explaining myself for the 100th time.

Why didnt you name this thread "I need cash and if you dont donate I wont open the server" This thread have been here for how long? 2 months and I dont see any progress at all. You dont even have an opening date.

original i do like your project but in my opinion you just go for the money now... just open it we all know you atleast have some cash to get a dedicated for a month. let us play and donate while playing. i think much more people will donate when they play and have fun.. they don't feel like donating for something wich they are not sure of if it comes on or not. in my opinion just put it online and buy a dedicated.

Why didnt you name this thread "I need cash and if you dont donate I wont open the server" This thread have been here for how long? 2 months and I dont see any progress at all. You dont even have an opening date.

Because it's a discussion thread, duh? And I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in the first post that we need money in order to open it. We haven't set a date, simply because we won't open it aslong as we don't receive the money to host it. I don't have money atm, and if I can get it somehow. I'll purchase a dedicated and open the server.

@Assa: I'm not here for the money, else I wouldn't be aiming for a 7.4 server to ask for donation money in order to purchase the first month of dedicated. So, no.. you got it all wrong.

Because it's a discussion thread, duh? And I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in the first post that we need money in order to open it. We haven't set a date, simply because we won't open it aslong as we don't receive the money to host it. I don't have money atm, and if I can get it somehow. I'll purchase a dedicated and open the server.

@Assa: I'm not here for the money, else I wouldn't be aiming for a 7.4 server to ask for donation money in order to purchase the first month of dedicated. So, no.. you got it all wrong.

Its not like anyone would just hand over you the cash. Then I would rather buy myself a 7.4 real map server fix some quests etc then host it myself = and get some $$$

Well, 50 players voted yes for originaltibia. If 50 players donate a very low amount each, we can afford the dedicated. And no, you won't find a good real map 7.4 for sale. If you think about Ryan's server, it's not even complete.

And what's the deal really, with the "oldschool" players who wants servers online, but won't donate because it's a shame to do so nowadays. It costs money to host it and if we have a nice server to offer, yet no money to host it. Then it's NO SHIT why we ask for money.

But if everybody feel this way like you guys do, then don't donate. I will try to figure something out in a short term then, but I won't be that creative though.

you should shame yourself atm. just asking random people to donate in a project wich they don't even know... we are still talking about rl money evne if its a low amount.. as you see almost nobody will just donate. i hope you figure out something else yes.

That was the most stupid statement I've heard in a few years now. Have you actually read what you wrote before you posted? It's a PROJECT that has been developed under our FREE time for FREE. All we want is some donation money in order to keep the server FREE as possible, however. Donations will be introduced later because it is IMPOSSIBLE to hold a server for FREEEEEEEEE.

Mkay?

And I can't afford paying the full bill myself, I can add some of my own money, yes. But if some people donate aswell, we can help eachother. They will for sure be compensated afterwards.

Back