• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do you think I should bring up OriginalTibia again?

Should OriginalTibia return?

• Yes

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 55 47.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello,

As most of you know, OriginalTibia was a 7.4 real map server with an average of 80 players online daily and a record of 143 players online. The server got hacked twice, once because of lack of security and the second because I trusted the wrong person and couldn't really bother caring as the dedicated's monthly rent wasn't paid and I couldn't host it nomore.

OriginalTibia's new patch: We are now running on our own .exe (tibia server). Along with our own map, hopefully it's abit better than the previous one we used. And several other fixes. We have also paid some extra attention to the PvP system and fixed a few things there, which you'll notice in-game.

What I am proposing now is, if you guys want OriginalTibia up, you have to help me pay the first month of dedicated, and I'll setup some automatic donations ( which won't give advangteds to people ) if you dislike any of our donations which will be introduces later on, you should complain on our forum. We welcome constructive critism, so don't worry.

If you are intrested in making OriginalTibia the best and most comfortable 7.4 server ever, please donate to us and support us.

Thank you,

The Original Tibia Staff.

PS: If you are going to make a donation, please PM me on OTLand first and I'll deal the information you need.

Here are some trailers made by ChaosB

[video=youtube;0FuoKOOb77Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FuoKOOb77Y[/video]
[video=youtube;pMN3ScqbslA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMN3ScqbslA[/video]

You can donate through paypal to this adress if you feel like contributing to Originaltibia; [email protected]

every donation will help.

Last edited:
No, because people who try to make old school servers always shut them down or have problems.

Leave it off. (Goes for realsoft to...)

If you look at statistics, oldschool server's has the most uptime, the 3 most online servers are based on 7.6, so I do not seem to understand what you're trying to prove. If you take a look at 8.6, it's played by children, who do not care wether the owner is corruptive or resets every week or so, therefor they prevail easier than an oldschool server.

The reason why I proposed this was because many people asked me when Original would come back up, and now it's winter in Sweden and I won't be outside that much as before, therefor I can spend more time behind the screen and pay attention to the server abit more.

Not trying to prove anything, you wanted my opinion, I gave it.
From what I have seen, they always shut down...same as most 8.6 servers, but those shouldn't even count.

3-5 days online, doesn't count in my opinion.

You have the right to your opinion, nothing wrong in that. I'm just trying to prove that your opinion is not as valid as you think. The only thing that ruined the 7.X servers was because many realmap servers was realesed, and they became as easy to setup as any 8.6 real map server, if not easier. They don't earn much, but still. Amateurs seems to host most oldschool servers, maybe that's why they've received this bad reputation.

tibianic will dominate the lowrate 7.4 servers. make original tibia a highrate and yes do put it on, you'll get a good few players (make it stages with it difficult to lvl past 120 i.e 2x exp)

OriginalTibia was pretty sweet when it was up, wasn't that serious that time compared too Classictibia which was hosted at the same time. But still loads of fun.

@Tibianic
That server might be good, but it might be catastrophic. Consider it's created by a group of individuals with very strong personalities. I'd say the server will collapse because the GMs can't agree with each other. If it ever really comes up that is.

=D Bring this server on. Was fun to play on. But I agree with plzhelp~, you should use exp stages- Same stages that toldera or smth used. And yes you will probably gain alot of players

Thank you for your proposals, however. Last time it was 7X and it was high enough, so we'll probably go the same path or reaccelerate the rates slightly lower. If you are ready to donate in order to make the server open as fast as possible, do not hesitate to PM me for more details.

I dont know if alot of people will donate:p. Your recent servers was alot of fun yeah. But also alot of bugs <_<. I wouldnt donate if I dont got any proof on that its actually is stable and that there wont be those stupid account problems or you being hacked etc.

I think you should use exp stages. Then I would definately play. Another lowrate, na, sorry I dont give 1000 lowrates a chance I would only play once many players started. I know you had many players in the past but that is not good enought for me, I want many players now to start (if its lowrate).

If its really as good as you say it is, it shouldnt be a problem to get many players. But remember Tibianic scored maybe 150 players in first day online so once it gets back online it will probably dominate lowrate 7.4 servers ^^

Take it easy folks, do not diss my server without seeing it first. I will in the start use a test server with a higher accelerated rates in order to test the server's stability to a max level, then we can discuss if this server be as serious as tibianic or classictibia or if it should be high in the start and lower in the end, this is not the hottest discussion at the moment.

@Zackvor: I totally understand, but please believe me when I say that the first time was because of security leaks(was hosted on my home computer) and the second time it was due my stupidity, this time I'll ensure the security and take it as a top priorty, hopefully there won't be any problems whatsoever.

@Full Metal: It'll be a real map.

And as most of you know, I'm not known to be a scammer nor a corruptive GM. Therefor you can trust me when I say that, I'm actually trying to make OriginalTibia a perfect server and have a nice environment within it. But I need your help in order to make it raise.

So please, do not hesitate to donate.

Thank you and keep posting your thoughts wether they're against or with the server. Just be constructive..

EDIT: Recent upgrade of sourcepackage was fix of accurate melee formula for both distance and normal attacking. :)

aff don't be a perfectionist, it doesn't have to be the perfect server. people just want a highrate old client server that we can pig around on. OINK

I know, but I'm trying atleast to make a more realistic PVP than the current OT pvp, won't do anything perfect though, because that would end up killing this project :p

I'm not going to play. Old school is boring nowadays. And for the record, it's going to shut down after a week, or perhaps 2 weeks.

Jonzie, even if it would be true, who are you to speak? If you got nothing worth saying, don't bother posting. Because I for sure as hell do not care what the fuck you think about oldschool nor if it'll shut down after a week or two, that's your opinion, stick with it if it doesn't concern others.

I'd love to play on it! Though I can't.. since I love the winter...
If I have to choose between this:
Be outside in -20 degreeds
or
Be inside in 24 degrees
I'd choose Be outside, since that's where my snowmobile is.
And yes, I live waaay up in Sweden...
If you must know, I live between two small villages called "Arvidsjaur" and "Arjeplog".
And I would probablly stop play after about a week or two since the internet connection is SHIT up here.
Anyways, good luck.

You know what OriginalTibia? I take back what I said. I think you should host this again.
Make sure it is secure, hosted 24/7, and has plenty of advertising/updates.

Good luck.

No, or you should make it highrate/exp staged. Not that this is a serious option since Ryan will be hosting Oldera = denial of service plox.
You're to unreliable for me to play one of your lowrates.

Back