• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Does its possible to have 2 hoster?

splifus

Reaction score
Maybe you dont understand what my title say. But I mean if I can host the server and my friend host the site because I can't host it for an unknow reason(people live too far from me can't load it). I just mind if it's possible .. if yes can someone tell me how I can do that. Please I really need help about this shitty problem

Max

Yes, it's very easy if you're running a MySQL server. All you need to do is to forward the port that MySQL is running on and set up the site to connect to your ip instead of localhost. BUT: forwarding the port to MySQL makes you easier to hack. A better way may be to set up a Hamachi network between you and your friend, and let him connect to your MySQL server via hamachi instead of opening ports. I've been using hamachi for a long time to make backups of my server which is located in the USA, and I live in Norway.

Back