• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Duduprec - The journey begins.

duduprec

Reaction score
Hey there! How you guys doing? :D

I decided to start one thing that I have always admired and am passionate about. Spriting!

So, after reading the tutorial made by @Shadowsong I've already learned good things about Photoshop and attempted my first sprite, it is a rock, i'm pretty happy about the results. I've never been good at drawing with paper and pencil tbh, lack of dedication I guess, but always did pretty good at 3D visuals in my Architecture classes. I feel much more comfortable "drawing" digitally.

R9618Gg.png
->
y5rqAST.png
After a little Dodge/Burn tools.

9stk9Ty.png
->
HkUCry3.png
First one looked weird, I think it's because i've just changed the Hue/Saturation haha, decided to do just little details, more real like gold ores.

Tomorrow im going to go to the next step which is the wood, then some equipments maybe?

Please be free to comment, I would love some review/criticizes from the good artist that "live" here. :p

You understand how to improve your sprites very good. A normal person without any experience needs some time to understand what can he do to make his sprite look better. But probably because you are good at 3D, you've already "sharpened" your eye. It's a very good sign for the future and I would love to see your next works :D

Good luck and thanks for posting =)

You understand how to improve your sprites very good. A normal person without any experience needs some time to understand what can he do to make his sprite look better. But probably because you are good at 3D, you've already "sharpened" your eye. It's a very good sign for the future and I would love to see your next works :D

Good luck and thanks for posting =)
Thankss!! You're a incredible artist, I already follow your thread and the sprites in GLA. :D

And I sure will post more!

Hey guys, how are you doing?

Finally back with some time after Christmas and New Year, the first attempt with swords, was not so bad, but also was not good haha

Sometimes during shading it just worked fine on "instinct", but in others I had a lot of trouble trying to understand how it works.

The dodge and burn commands on PS plus the navigator helps giving you a sense of depth/shape by trying.

In fact, I thought the sprites would be bigger (32x32), it turned out to be smaller than expected lol don't know with what I screwed up.

-First swords:
v.1
CmO88G5.png
(Idk if the color choose on the metal part was that bad, I just didn't know how to work with it :p).
v.2
lDRNSx1.png

SC44THc.png

87ppweV.png

I'll train more tomorrow, criticizes/reviews/tips are hugely welcomed, thank you guys, hugs!

I don't know if it's my screen but it looks small, make it bigger so you'll have more space to paint the details :D

The handle needs more thickness, so you can put the AA on the edges ;)

Gained "practical experience" doing those today, felt a liiiitle bit more comfortable. Still sometimes kinda cheating with dodge and burn tool for shading, but I like then for learning purposes. :confused:

s1HsiIP.png

ABEgJBl.png
(after finishing this one noticed it is not 100% symetrical hahaha

vzSi4r3.png
->
sSytDbF.png
(which one is better?)

Hugs!

Back