• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Faloria 7.4 development thread

That quote is right, you can't simply say without problems. I played Faloria, I was a MS lvl 55 but had to make a new paladin because I've reached my "max speed", the major step lags began at lvl 51 + boh + strong haste. and I was able to play with the lvl 70+ paladin hasting but laggin as much as the sorcerer. I used WTFast on this server and my war team helped me alot so enemies couldn't outrun myself.
but the community was good, you and znote did a good job and I was happy exping being in war.. it was funny.

We're not hating, many people say it's 0 lag at lvl 20, I can say I'm not lagging at lvl 40 with paid WTFast but right after this level everything get worse, you reach higher speed bonus with levels, haste, boh and t-ring.
Note that Im just talking about step lag, the aim delay you get start since lvl 1, doesn't matter if the server has it's own proxy and you pay another one(I've tried this already at RealOTS BETA with bunnyslippers that gave me h-lvl speed). Being in America and playing in EU you need to predict your target by 2 SQM and with 30-100 ping you just need to predict the next step of your target to shoot a rune.
I'm hosting 2 servers in the US at the moment in a dedicated server, if you want I can help so you can test yourself the latency issues we run at europe, they're in the east coast. There are also external factors, let's say in EU it's normal to get 50/50 of internet speed, at south america if you have 2/.5 you're lucky. with normal I mean it's not that expensive, I pay alot of cash for 20/10 and Im not even from SA

That quote is right, you can't simply say without problems. I played Faloria, I was a MS lvl 55 but had to make a new paladin because I've reached my "max speed", the major step lags began at lvl 51 + boh + strong haste. and I was able to play with the lvl 70+ paladin hasting but laggin as much as the sorcerer. I used WTFast on this server and my war team helped me alot so enemies couldn't outrun myself.
but the community was good, you and znote did a good job and I was happy exping being in war.. it was funny.

We're not hating, many people say it's 0 lag at lvl 20, I can say I'm not lagging at lvl 40 with paid WTFast but right after this level everything get worse, you reach higher speed bonus with levels, haste, boh and t-ring.
Note that Im just talking about step lag, the aim delay you get start since lvl 1, doesn't matter if the server has it's own proxy and you pay another one(I've tried this already at RealOTS BETA with bunnyslippers that gave me h-lvl speed). Being in America and playing in EU you need to predict your target by 2 SQM and with 30-100 ping you just need to predict the next step of your target to shoot a rune.
I'm hosting 2 servers in the US at the moment in a dedicated server, if you want I can help so you can test yourself the latency issues we run at europe, they're in the east coast. There are also external factors, let's say in EU it's normal to get 50/50 of internet speed, at south america if you have 2/.5 you're lucky. with normal I mean it's not that expensive, I pay alot of cash for 20/10 and Im not even from SA

Thanks for the explanation. It's obviously hard for me to understand all these problems since Ive never experienced them myself, so Im really glad you did.
We will however, do our best to provide good connections to the US, if it is going to happen, or when it will happen, is impossible for me to say at this time, as it all (sadly) will depend on money and demand.

Another factor from last time we ran the server is that it will now be hosted in Netherlands (before Switzerland's) on a stronger dedicated.
I sent you a PM with another question.

This. People from the USA log in at level 1, walk around and are like HURR DURR LAG FREE!

Excellent explanation though, it's going to be a shame to watch this server fail in competition to the already established 7.4 EU servers though. Not hating, just stating facts that you should be able to see yourself based on your observation of other servers.

There is nothing to be done. It's a physical distance issue, doesn't matter internet speed, server "power". I'm playing from Brasil, it's impossible to get a ping lower then 200ms while playing any game at Europe. You deal with it, or play something else.

"Pls pls host it in my neighborhood" is a fucking cliche issue to even start to be discussed.

There is nothing to be done. It's a physical distance issue, doesn't matter internet speed, server "power". I'm playing from Brasil, it's impossible to get a ping lower then 200ms while playing any game at Europe. You deal with it, or play something else.

"Pls pls host it in my neighborhood" is a fucking cliche issue to even start to be discussed.
Its actually possible to improve the ping slightly. If you know how networking is done and works, you will understand that the packages can take a more direct route (through a proxy). Extremely simplified here but perhaps you get the point.

And just like that, your whole post was completely disregarded.

Why so rude?

Its actually possible to improve the ping slightly. If you know how networking is done and works, you will understand that the packages can take a more direct route (through a proxy). Extremely simplified here but perhaps you get the point.

Slightly improvements won't make that diference when you play with 100+ (USA) or 200+ (SA) ping.

Why so rude?
Probably bitter because I said that he should stop crying about the server not being in his neighborhood.

Oh no, just frustrated that another server that had potential will be failing again.

Going to screenshot this post, and then show it to you when the time comes.

Arrivaderci, hasta la vista, au revoir.

You foresee that a OT will not last? Omg we got a prophet here.

A lot of the reported BETA bugs are now fixed, and we would love some more feedback!

Example: How does the exhaustion feel? (Spells/runes/yell/talk etc)

Thanks again BETA testers, you are truly awesome!

Can you post a list of everything that's been fixed?
It will be available soon (tonight or tomorrow)

We, the Faloria team, are also happy to announce that we now got a new member of our team! Please welcome Jeffry, also know here as @53701688!
Jeffry will be handling everything that has to do with our client, and provide an actual anti-bot client, unique for this project!
Most of you probably know him from Waloria, and the amazing development he had with the client there.

We will do everything we can to prevent cheaters, and this will be one hell of a step in the right direction!
Please note that no detailed information about the client will be leaked, so dont bother asking for it. All you can do is wait for the server to come up with the new client and test it yourself!

The official change log can now be seen here: http://faloria.eu/changelog
Please note that this is the OFFICIAL one (compressed and not very detailed), and that not all changes might be shown here.

Regards,

Faloria Team

Back