• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany][Custom] Ruthless Chaos Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have couple of questions about the shaman vocation. something that is not quite clear to me.

How do totems work?
does it have a range? can it be targeted by aoe-spells? do you have to re-cast totems everytime you go out of range? how much hp do they have? or is it simply a buff on your character?

As ferrados pointed out, totems are rather used to buff your character/your party members than to fight on their own. There are some special items/potions ingame that transform your totems into fighters of their own, but those are special cases. In the general scenario, they will be simply providing a buff and perhaps tanking some weaker creature (although they do not last very long when targeted directly by creatures)

Totems are immobile, which means that yes, they need to be re-cast every time you move out of range. However, they have pretty low mana-costs which means that you can use them even while hunting and moving around.

Their hp depends on the type of totem and the level/magic level of your character. They can be targeted by AoE spells, even though they take reduced damage from them. :)

As ferrados pointed out, totems are rather used to buff your character/your party members than to fight on their own. There are some special items/potions ingame that transform your totems into fighters of their own, but those are special cases. In the general scenario, they will be simply providing a buff and perhaps tanking some weaker creature (although they do not last very long when targeted directly by creatures)

Totems are immobile, which means that yes, they need to be re-cast every time you move out of range. However, they have pretty low mana-costs which means that you can use them even while hunting and moving around.

Their hp depends on the type of totem and the level/magic level of your character. They can be targeted by AoE spells, even though they take reduced damage from them. :)

Thank you very much. it seems you have already balanced it. looking forward to the start.

Hey Glecko i love that the server is coming up again but as with all Servers im very skeptical about the Gift Shop.

There are some items i think is Either too Overpowered or abit Pay to win, These are the items i think you should reconsider adding to the shop.

Blessing of power: Increases the rate at which you advance your skills and magic level by 15% for 1 week.
-
This would allow paying members to advance at a 15% faster rate, you might say well 15% doesn't seem like a lot? but it actually is, If i were to not donate and get ML 100, the paying customer would've ended up with way more, im too tired to do the 100% correct math but it is a difference.
----

Elvish Blossom: Can be used to brew elixirs of experience with an alchemy skill of 50. Elixirs of experience increase your experience gain by 35% for 30 minutes.
-
This right here is another example of what doesn't appear to be much but it actually ends up being alot.
If i buy 10 of these they're gonna last me 5 hours of 35% increased exp, Here too paying customers will end up with a greater advantage, Not really pay2win but more Pay2progress.
----

Every other item in the shop is fine and wont affect the gameplay as much as those 2.

This is just my opinion on the matter and you're the owner, Feel free to do whatever you want.

Server looks awesome, looking forward to try it out. :)

Hey Glecko i love that the server is coming up again but as with all Servers im very skeptical about the Gift Shop.

There are some items i think is Either too Overpowered or abit Pay to win, These are the items i think you should reconsider adding to the shop.

Blessing of power: Increases the rate at which you advance your skills and magic level by 15% for 1 week.
-
This would allow paying members to advance at a 15% faster rate, you might say well 15% doesn't seem like a lot? but it actually is, If i were to not donate and get ML 100, the paying customer would've ended up with way more, im too tired to do the 100% correct math but it is a difference.
----

Elvish Blossom: Can be used to brew elixirs of experience with an alchemy skill of 50. Elixirs of experience increase your experience gain by 35% for 30 minutes.
-
This right here is another example of what doesn't appear to be much but it actually ends up being alot.
If i buy 10 of these they're gonna last me 5 hours of 35% increased exp, Here too paying customers will end up with a greater advantage, Not really pay2win but more Pay2progress.
----

Every other item in the shop is fine and wont affect the gameplay as much as those 2.

This is just my opinion on the matter and you're the owner, Feel free to do whatever you want.

Instead of ML 100 I think you would have ML 104. (if the manaspent table is equal to experience table). 4 magic levels ain't that much, and I doubt you would be able to grind your ML up to level 100 within a week.

Not sure how easy it is to get alchemy skill 50.
You might be able to afford to buy donation scrolls from other players before that. (1 scroll = 50 points)

Since you can't buy money directly from the shop, the value of shop points will be determined by market value on donation scrolls. There is probably going to be some rich guys desperate for in-game currency early on who don't mind selling a few scrolls.

-
----

-
----

We played with the exact same donations last season, I didn't buy either and ended up being in the top of the server pretty much from start to end. Same goes for most of my teammates, these donations barely made a difference, I doubt more than 10% of people actually used them.

-
----

-
----

Your point is valid, since these donations do indeed affect the gameplay. :)

As Znote pointed out, 15% extra skills ain't that much (104 vs 100), and that's assuming that you got to magic level 100 while always having the blessing active (buying it every week). Since this is a low-rate server, I can assure you that you'll need quite some time to reach that magic level (couple of months depending on how much you play).

About elvish blossoms: These do indeed provide a greater advantage. However, elvish blossoms are also obtainable in-game as loot of some creatures and as reward from some quests. And the elixir of experience requires many other herbs/materials apart from the blossom to be brewed.

In the end, what determines which player ends up on top of the chart is his skill level and the time he plays. And in these parameters there are usually way larger gaps between players (some players will play 800% more hours on average than others). The influence of these donations compared to these parameters is quite negligible in my opinion.

And in the end, while we are not making profit out of the server, we do need an incentive for people to donate, since keeping the server online is not free (dedicated server, advertisements, the website domain etc.) :)

-
----

-
----

Just like Glecko and Fixuki pointed out, these donations are by no means P2W. This server requires a huge amount of skill, brainpower and teamwork - simply levels won´t get you anywhere.

Fixuki said it perfectly, our team has been in the top the past seasons, and I have personally never bought neither the blessing or the blossom.
I however did donate this season to support the devs, will probably get myself the blessing this time, but it is by no means a "P2W" item.

Having 99 atk/def gear, in-game cash or crazy jewelry could however be considered P2W, I am happy we dont have those in RC :)

Best regards,
Vitalie

Thanks for answering my concerns from 4! different perspectives.
@Znote
@mich3208
@Glecko
@Vitalie ,

From what i've read now i think im ok with these items.

And thanks for not trying to ignore the question like many other owners would've done instead of trying to make their players happy :)

Cya tomorrow all!

Thanks for answering my concerns from 4! different perspectives.
@Znote
@mich3208
@Glecko
@Vitalie ,

From what i've read now i think im ok with these items.

And thanks for not trying to ignore the question like many other owners would've done instead of trying to make their players happy :)

Cya tomorrow all!

You're welcome, we're just trying to be helpful to make the server popular :^)

I'll be around some. Hoping for less issues with connection/lag/client this time around, lol.

Regards,
Cody

I think I will try to play it casually at least, with the little time that I do have. I'm hoping to reconnect with my old teammates, assuming they haven't forgotten who I am!
@mich3208
@Zikko
@Vitalie
@Biceps (not sure if he's still around)

im working the next day after the release, the sooner it starts the better for me :D

Btw @Glecko could u change pvp lvl to 20-30 for example? U can change this just for start... should be less annoying with people ksing your mobs :p First time i see rpg low rate server with 50lvl for pvp

Btw @Glecko could u change pvp lvl to 20-30 for example? U can change this just for start... should be less annoying with people ksing your mobs :p First time i see rpg low rate server with 50lvl for pvp

The protection level is good imo. My solution when people KS my mobs:
- They dont make it into the end-game content :)

Best regards,
Vitalie

Status
Not open for further replies.