• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Greypaw - Discussion Thread

What do you think so far?

• Total voters

Greypaw

Project Greypaw
Reaction score
-Dead Project-
Due to personal issues, I have decided to discontinue GreyPaw.
Sorry for the letdown / inconveniences.

The Idea:
HIDDEN DUE TO PROJECT DISCONTINUANCE
T
he Details:

Last edited:
Looks cool, but for me, the first rule for a custom server is custom vocations.
Good luck.

Honestly, Idc about custom vocations, but I love ots with new and awesome sprites

Last edited:
When I say custom vocations I mean EVERYTHING custom, from scratch.. spells, concept, role, hidden effects, etc.
Without it, I don't see anymore fun on Tibia.

This sounds pretty awesome and those teaser pictures definitely look clean and enticing. You seem to have your ducks in a row and a firm grasp on what you want to do/where you want to go with your OT. I'd definitely join and try out this server once you release it.

Well, we also focus on simplicity, meaning that if we make a whole bunch of custom stuff, it'll be alien to the players, and they won't be able to play as easily. We like to edit our own stuff that we already have, and make it better, more balanced:)
I really REALLY like this statement. I've found that a lot of people try to shove a ton of features into an OT and then don't document it well enough and leave the players lost and confused. Sticking to simplicity may seem boring to some people, but in my opinion it is a great move for someone more interested in the usability instead of aesthetics. You definitely have my respect sir, someone who is more interested in the actual gameplay of his server is a sign of maturity and personally sounds more like a professional product. :)

When I say custom vocations I mean EVERYTHING custom, from scratch.. spells, concept, role, hidden effects, etc.
Without it, I don't see anymore fun on Tibia.

I agree 100% with this. When you have custom vocations it's a million times more fun and unique, just custom in general is much better depending on how it's done. Yes, it might be a bit hard for some people to grasp the concept or understand how the class works but that's the point of it. When I'm looking for an OT to play I look for something new not the generic stuff every server has. I look OT's as a book. For example say you have the first book, you read it and really enjoy it. Then you find out there's a 2nd book, would you read the first book again? or read the second book? Most likely the second book because its' all new and exciting. That's what it's like for OT's when I see a server that has global stuff it's not fun at all, you already know what each spell does, how much it hits, what each monster drops, what each item does and adds, etc..it's like reading the same book over and over again. Even though custom might be harder to balance and such if you implement it correctly it's definitely worth it. Honestly simple is just plain boring for me, I would rather stare at a wall. I like it when it's a challenge but then again I'm guessing most don't they just want a simple server, bot and then PVP. Nonetheless, good luck with your server.

I agree 100% with this. When you have custom vocations it's a million times more fun and unique, just custom in general is much better depending on how it's done. Yes, it might be a bit hard for some people to grasp the concept or understand how the class works but that's the point of it. When I'm looking for an OT to play I look for something new not the generic stuff every server has. I look OT's as a book. For example say you have the first book, you read it and really enjoy it. Then you find out there's a 2nd book, would you read the first book again? or read the second book? Most likely the second book because its' all new and exciting. That's what it's like for OT's when I see a server that has global stuff it's not fun at all, you already know what each spell does, how much it hits, what each monster drops, what each item does and adds, etc..it's like reading the same book over and over again. Even though custom might be harder to balance and such if you implement it correctly it's definitely worth it. Honestly simple is just plain boring for me, I would rather stare at a wall. I like it when it's a challenge but then again I'm guessing most don't they just want a simple server, bot and then PVP. Nonetheless, good luck with your server.

Last edited:
Back