• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[help] Beginner to mapping

Nanashi

Reaction score
OK, me and my RL did some mapping however, some things didn't go as we wished.
Does anyone have the algorithm (answer) to these problems?
Thanks in advance!

1. We added some npcs which didn't appear when we loaded the map
2. Some quest doors are unable to go through even though you got the correct level
3. Some stairs isn't possible to climb.. the first sqm is "unwalkable"

Well... For the NPC's you need to put the NPC's archive in the editor and in the TFS or the server you're using for the NPC's to work.
Maybe in the quest doors you placed the ID in the wrong square...
About the stairs I really don't get what happened. XD

if u mean by stairs the stone things its most likely u forgot the "yellow thing" which u need to put in front of it like on this screen:

80295200.png

Also make sure you got a "walkable" tile under the stair like grass, dirt or street.

for the npc thing make sure u got the npc loaded in both the map editor and your server. to import an existing npc in the map editor u simply go to:

File>Import>Import Monster/Npc (note: this is for remere if you use simone then i have no clue since its been a long time ago that ive used that)

If you import a npc in your editor which you dont have in your server it wont work so make sure your server has it. (i know remere's map editor has some npc's that most servers dont have)

For the second problem you have to make sure u put in the correct actionID. for example: a door for level 50 would be actionsID: 1050. So its actionID 1000+the level you need. Also make sure you use the correct item and placed the actionID on the door itself and not on another tile.

i hope this helps^^

Yours, Jaroen

Last edited:
You have selected the wrong import method. To import a map go to: File>Import>Map. then just select the map and it will automaticly do the spawn and house file for you. But since your problem was NPC's i showed you only the npc way. ^^

Yours, Jaroen

Back