• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help! Setting up TFS for the first time on Mac, unsure of what to do next.

ab2001

Reaction score
GitHub
ABBush2001
Hello! I am setting up a TFS server for the first time. I am working on a Apple Silicon Macbook. I followed the instructions for compiling TFS from the official github page, set up the mysql server, and set up the OTClient, again using the official instructions from the github page. I started up the database, tfs server and otclient, but whenever I try to connect to my server I am met with the error:

ERROR: Failed to read dat '/things/1099/Tibia.dat': unable to open file '/things/1099/Tibia.dat': not found'

ERROR: Failed to load sprites from '/things/1099/Tibia.spr': unable to open file '/things/1099/Tibia.spr': not found

I have been searching the various forums but have not been able to find anything for this issue. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? If more information is needed just let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Solution
Where would I download the 10.99 client? Also, where would the 'things' folder be? I looked in both the directories for the otclient and tfs and couldn't find anything.
lol.. this is no longer funny
go to google and type in 'tibia 10.99 download'
before you install anything remember to use VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload) to scan the file. no matter who tells you 'its safe'. always make a scan (if the file is not too large).

the 'things' folder should be in
OTClient/data
if it's not there you need to make it:
1715204828613.png

then in the folder 'things' you can create more folders, for example '1099' and put there tibia.spr & tibia.dat from the 10.99 client that you downloaded from the google...
Step 1. Delete mac
Step 2. Get windows or linux
Step 3. Read the error message
Step 4. Open tibia folder, copy needed files
Step 5. Paste copied files into folder mentioned in the error message

The message is clear.

You need to download the 10.99 client and copy the selected files into the specified folder (things/1099).
Where would I download the 10.99 client? Also, where would the 'things' folder be? I looked in both the directories for the otclient and tfs and couldn't find anything.

before you install anything remember to use VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload) to scan the file. no matter who tells you 'its safe'. always make a scan (if the file is not too large).

OTClient/data
1715204828613.png

then in the folder 'things' you can create more folders, for example '1099' and put there tibia.spr & tibia.dat from the 10.99 client that you downloaded from the google.
1715204852916.png

If you want to use OTClient for a different tibia version (let's say, 10.00) then you can just create another folder '1000'

Solution

OTClient/data
View attachment 84486

then in the folder 'things' you can create more folders, for example '1099' and put there tibia.spr & tibia.dat from the 10.99 client that you downloaded from the google.
View attachment 84487

If you want to use OTClient for a different tibia version (let's say, 10.00) then you can just create another folder '1000'
Thank you! I appreciate the help. My apologies if the questions were a bit silly, I'm pretty new to Tibia and tfs so I wasn't too sure where to go. Thank you again!

Thank you! I appreciate the help. My apologies if the questions were a bit silly, I'm pretty new to Tibia and fts so I wasn't too sure where to go. Thank you again!
No worries. Glad I could help. &... I mean... haha, indeed the questions are... well... i feel that you could make it work within 5 minutes using google & search box here on the forum

If you encounter any issues you can DM me here on the forum instead of creating a new thread. I will try to help.

Back
Top Bottom