• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Heroes of Newerth in Tibia. how would it be?!

Would HoN fit in Tibia?

• Yes, and also playable!

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • No, It wont fit since tibia is 2D and HoN is 3D!

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Well, I dont know how HoN looks like!

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters

Wezza

lua nOOb
Reaction score
If you guys know the game called HoN a.k.a Heroes of Newerth, it looks like Dota, like a better version of dota.

I wonder if I could start a project HoN based on Tibia, it needs much configurations tho, but Ill get a good team working with me, so how do you feel, will it fit tibia? :)

no.

well, it wouldn't be even hard to write, but what's the point to play 2D dota while we have dota, lol, hon, demigod and few other name i dont remember and tons of other i don't know about?

Well, playing something 'new' in tibia, is a new thing on tibia, I mean like, tibia is really boring now.. what do u do either on rl tibia or ot..

Train, hunt, kill ppl, it started to get boring, but if we made new games based on tibia, like I said earlier, HoN tibia based, imo it would be awesome..

If you find pking, questing or anything related to Tibia boring, then this game is no more suitable for you^^

Pretty stupid idea, and would not even be possible. Tibia is RPG, and HoN is a RTS styled game.

also thinked about creating such project...and probably I will take a look(made some basics already), but ye, idea is kinda stupied, cuz only tibia players will play there, just as on normal war server xD

@cirtaboy, well, its will be nice, ofc you can't scroll the map, its impossible to make lots of spells, but still... There will be really amazing spells compared to tibia, there can be really amazing war\pvp features compared to tibia, and it could be really awesome TIBIA server.

@elf, of course noone from LoL\HoN don't come to this one server...but as TIBIA server, it may be success?

What's the point of next project if you fail in each project u start? :\

it's a message for me? if so, then.. Who the **** said that I fail with any project I started?

well, I think while I play HoN, cus actually it was my first time to play a 3D game, in my mind, I put HoN in tibia style, I was just like, it'll be awesome.. well there are few main things (I think) we cant make to be exact 2D HoN, as one of you said; Scroll for zooming, using mouse to see all parts of the map, and dunno what else, BUT. we dont have to make the exact one, I mean like, you could add other features which will take the scroll and using mouse place.

oh and btw, there are many ppl who started playing Pokemon OT, and they dont know nothing about tibia, just because its Pokemon they've started.

as for now, at least project will have 6 players min xDD
And rly, I dont think ppls understand aht they are voting for... Wezza dont means that he will copy HoN\LoL and players will play there....its just a theme for a server, like war server, but on 5x5 map for example, with advanced spells, craftable items, lots of special vocs, and the point will be to destroy base, not to kill as much as possible.

Last edited:
I'd rather start with new game engine coding.

Just explain me how would you add abilities, cooldowns on them, how are you planning to make all the graphics. Not to mention mini stuff like creep pulling, creep holding (at start when they spawn, so they are near your tower since you block them), and mostly important - FOG OF WAR (including wards, juking, treecutting and stuff). It just wouldn't work. Already been thought about and refused.

abilities? 4 items in your backpack, so you can use them on F~ and manually. Cooldowns? Easy, just advanced exhaust. Graphis? We can use original tibias, who said we should copy HoN? Don't get about creeps, but I guess it can be coded, so they will act like HoN's ones. Fog of war gonna be hard, but well, there can be things which will replace those features, so its just gonna be war server with all possible features from dota~. Well, I even got idea how to replace wards so they will work as they should(at least in tibia's engine xD)

Writing new game engine will require more much more skills than making an OTS xD

Well, playing something 'new' in tibia, is a new thing on tibia, I mean like, tibia is really boring now.. what do u do either on rl tibia or ot..

Train, hunt, kill ppl, it started to get boring, but if we made new games based on tibia, like I said earlier, HoN tibia based, imo it would be awesome..

If you think new tibia is boring its because its adjusted for 12 year old kids. Try old tibia, its more fun.

abilities? 4 items in your backpack, so you can use them on F~ and manually. Cooldowns? Easy, just advanced exhaust. Graphis? We can use original tibias, who said we should copy HoN? Don't get about creeps, but I guess it can be coded, so they will act like HoN's ones. Fog of war gonna be hard, but well, there can be things which will replace those features, so its just gonna be war server with all possible features from dota~. Well, I even got idea how to replace wards so they will work as they should(at least in tibia's engine xD)

Writing new game engine will require more much more skills than making an OTS xD

Fog of war is probably one of the most important features in the game. But how would you make for example pharao's snipe/ulti? :p

So easy to make Pharaoh snipe or ulti

even scout, we make a rune that shoots like an arrow, and we are done? lol

Problems would definitely make users understand the controls.

DarkstaR from TUG got basic codes thats neccesary for HoN minimap actually.

Creep waves would take a lot of space and block roads, since the hitbox on tibia can't be reduced to any value lower than 1 sqm.
// Possibility to solve this, make creeps like ghost and that anyone can walk through them.

Balance of vocations.
A few vocations (should at least be 8)
Spells for vocations.

Before we should think about HoN, lets fix bomberman script for 0.4 (witch is very buggy).
Since nobody the past months have managed to fix bomberman to work properly on 0.4, I don't think anyone got the time to make HoN.

why should i play hon in Tibia when i can play hon... in hon!
Why you're playing tibia if you can play any other MMORPG game which is more advanced? xD And as already mentioned, it wont be just weak copy of HoN\LoL, it will be another custom server, which players will enjoy just because it's something new for tibia, not cuz its better than HoN.

Problems would definitely make users understand the controls.

DarkstaR from TUG got basic codes thats neccesary for HoN minimap actually.

Creep waves would take a lot of space and block roads, since the hitbox on tibia can't be reduced to any value lower than 1 sqm.
// Possibility to solve this, make creeps like ghost and that anyone can walk through them.

Balance of vocations.
A few vocations (should at least be 8)
Spells for vocations.

Before we should think about HoN, lets fix bomberman script for 0.4 (witch is very buggy).
Since nobody the past months have managed to fix bomberman to work properly on 0.4, I don't think anyone got the time to make HoN.

I even see the way to use minimap like in League, we got those marks in minimap, we can update them each second, to place marks where your enemies\allies located? And yea, walkable creeps solving first issue, already tried, they walk fine.

don't see any association with bomberman...why should we fix it in this thread? xDDD btw, whats wrong with it? My own works fine with 0,4 engine.
Fog of war is probably one of the most important features in the game. But how would you make for example pharao's snipe/ulti? :p

no idea,playing just league of legends, so cant say about pharao~ xD but well, wards = > you place a ward, and if enemy coming nearly, and you are far, so you cant see, it just warn you with text message: Warning! One of your wards spotted the enemy(Voc), He is 10 sqm to the east, 15 sqm to the west. etc? xD

Back