• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current ice cave im working on, gonna be a huge and deep cave. (Yeah that sounded abit dirty..)

This is the entrence:

34s5tg1.png

And here's a pic of inside the cave so far:

2ro2dyu.png

Not many people commenting? ;(

They are appriciated!

----
Edit:

- Thanks Magnetico? xD

a hidden entrance! o_O
i don't think i would've found it D=

nice lol, reminds me of me as a kid findin hidden entrances in the snow :ninja:

Looks good, perhaps detail the exposed stone floor patches more? Some gravel perhaps make it look like it isn't a plain stone floor that has had snow fall on it.

The stone floor you are using, is it the one that shows green on the minimap? If so, try ID:7356, it is grey so will fit better with the snow on the minimap.

Also stalagmites in the open. Pet peeve.

Looks good, perhaps detail the exposed stone floor patches more? Some gravel perhaps make it look like it isn't a plain stone floor that has had snow fall on it.

The stone floor you are using, is it the one that shows green on the minimap? If so, try ID:7356, it is grey so will fit better with the snow on the minimap.

Also stalagmites in the open. Pet peeve.

Yeah perhaps I could do some more details on the stone floors, but yeah it shows green on the minimap but who the heck cares about what colour it is on the minimap? ;S Im sure people gets that its stone floor since its green on all the other places so no, I couldent care less on trying to make the minimap grey. x)

@ Stalagmites in the open: Yeah aint realistic, but I think it looks good. Dunno what the heck u mean with "Pet peeve". :]

Fair enough with the minimap. A pet peeve is something that winds you irrationally.

An update on the cave:

2efngax.png

2hduutx.png

The deeper u go trough the cave, the snow starts to fade, its getting warmer..

110hi1f.png

Dunno why I took this picture with a torch, what do you think should I do all pics with or without torch light?

mole8.png

bj5szs.png

Tell me what u think :)

it's okolni... NAH!
it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then okolnir
i love the waterfall
and the first two look great
the last and the one before the waterfall less D:

Hahah thanks, yeah the snow is fading harder to make it look as good with less snow 'n ice imo xD

---
Qouting to next page :]

An update on the cave:

2efngax.png

2hduutx.png

110hi1f.png

Dunno why I took this picture with a torch, what do you think should I do all pics with or without torch light?

mole8.png

bj5szs.png

I prefer seeiing this epicness without torch light. Better and larger view ^^. I loveeeeeeee your maps, are you inside any project? Hope so, I want to play a custom server :(.

Edit: ow nvm, I just checked the first post of this thread and the answer is yes. Howmany % is done now?

Thanks alot man thats really appreciated :) Yes absolutely if u read on the first page I've written a little bit of it, Im working alot on my project its called "Scarlet Horn" we are currently 4 people on the project, 3 mappers and 1 scripter, which all joined me about 1 month ago, I've been working on the map myself for more then 5 years, so its pretty huge, we are trying to finish everything that is unfinished and it will probably be up for play within 2-3 months, depends tho on how much time Im gonna have, got alot of work nowadays :p

Once we are getting close to be done Im going to release the opening date :)

Stay tuned here tho, this project - mark my words: WILL be finished, unlike many other projects!

Last edited:
I've just browsed through every single page of this thread to see every single picture you guys upload, and they are AMAZING! You guys know how to make a good looking map without overdoing it, respect.

An update on the cave:

2efngax.png

2hduutx.png

110hi1f.png

mole8.png

bj5szs.png

fucking epicness m8! great job ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back