• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i don't like the water fall, but love the rest

Allright, thanks :)

add a bit ice at the waterfal and it looks perfect ;)

Yeah I could do that, thanks :]

Thanks? :rolleyes:

I've just browsed through every single page of this thread to see every single picture you guys upload, and they are AMAZING! You guys know how to make a good looking map without overdoing it, respect.

Thanks mate! Haha hearing things like this just gets your motivation a big push to keep on working, really glad you like it that much :)

fucking epicness m8! great job ;)

Thanks mate! Tomorrow we'll discuss you know what ! :D

kinda many bugs, but still rlly nice!

Thanks mate, if you are refering to the border bugs where the snow wall meets the cave walls, Im not sure you can call it bugs, becouse belive me I'VE TRIED eeeeverything to fix that, but it seems to be impossible, becouse the borders you can put on the cave wall ends up UNDER the cave wall, so I cant put anything on it, thats why I had to have it like that :/

i no liking formats of warterfall.

Allright? :blink:

bugs are fixable look trough the bugs!

As I stated to Aerrox! ^ :]

To the next page!

An update on the cave:

2efngax.png

2hduutx.png

The deeper u go trough the cave, the snow starts to fade, its getting warmer..

110hi1f.png

Dunno why I took this picture with a torch, what do you think should I do all pics with or without torch light?

mole8.png

bj5szs.png

Tell me what u think :)

Haha yesbox, I'm already almost done with a pair of new pieces, but I'll finish it up and post em when I come home, going to work now :)

---
edit:

Ah well I fixed theese up in a quickie and leave it here until I get home again x)

The deeper you go, the warmer it gets.. and bigger and more horrible creatures lurks in the dark..

2ypbuqc.png

n5fvv7.png

Alot warmer.. :ninja:

ilj3ip.png

What the hell, didint I just come from ice and cold?! :w00t:

2v3sg9k.png

(Yeah there's a little idea about the whole theme of this cave that Im trying express x] )

Last edited:
I prefer seeiing this epicness without torch light. Better and larger view ^^. I loveeeeeeee your maps, are you inside any project? Hope so, I want to play a custom server :(.

Edit: ow nvm, I just checked the first post of this thread and the answer is yes. Howmany % is done now?

Hard to say in % becouse I mean the map is so huge that if I just fix up the biggest unfinished parts I could open the server within weeks. But I want it to be aloooooooot more to do once I open the server, my goal with this server is that you shall ALWAYS have new things to explore, and when I browse through the map right now I think thats actually completely doable. There is soooo much to explore and so many quests to find that you will never be bored playing this server, but as I said we got alot of unfinished things thats need to be 100% done, gotta revamp some old stuff I made years ago which I dont think meets my mapping standard anymore.

And also alot of script work for my buddy, but trust me Im working hard on this project as good as every day, and it will NOT die out!

Scarlet Horn over and out! ~ :D

I think I just came. Naw I wanna map something inspired by your Frost Dragons, hopefully better >;D

Thanks mate, if you are refering to the border bugs where the snow wall meets the cave walls, Im not sure you can call it bugs, becouse belive me I'VE TRIED eeeeverything to fix that, but it seems to be impossible, becouse the borders you can put on the cave wall ends up UNDER the cave wall, so I cant put anything on it, thats why I had to have it like that :/

I think Pero or some one like him can help u with that ;p

I think I just came. Naw I wanna map something inspired by your Frost Dragons, hopefully better >;D

Haha thanks alot man! Means alot coming from you :) Gogo map something I can fap too! ;]

I think Pero or some one like him can help u with that ;p

Nah I actually dont think he can, I think I've tried everything. xD

But if anyone got a solution that actually works for that certain situation I'd love to see it, so everyone feel free to post if you find a solution :)

Looks really good, with the border bug thing, have you tried putting the snow mountain corner pieces ontop of the grey mountain pieces? Not sure if it will work for all directions but the northwest piece should work well.

(Updated some info in the 1 page, if anyone would like me to put some more info in the first page or just feels like there's something that should be there, let me know and I'll fix it. :] )

----
to the next page

Haha yesbox, I'm already almost done with a pair of new pieces, but I'll finish it up and post em when I come home, going to work now :)

---
edit:

Ah well I fixed theese up in a quickie and leave it here until I get home again x)

The deeper you go, the warmer it gets.. and bigger and more horrible creatures lurks in the dark..

2ypbuqc.png

n5fvv7.png

Alot warmer.. :ninja:

ilj3ip.png

What the hell, didint I just come from ice and cold?! :w00t:

2v3sg9k.png

(Yeah there's a little idea about the whole theme of this cave that Im trying express x] )

Looks really good, with the border bug thing, have you tried putting the snow mountain corner pieces ontop of the grey mountain pieces? Not sure if it will work for all directions but the northwest piece should work well.

Yes I have, thats what I ment when I answered Aerrox, it dosent work which I hoped for :/

If you try something out and find the solution for it, I'd love you to screenshot it and put a pic of it. :)

Aha, I meant the blunt wall pieces not the inside borders by the way. Works in the editor but does it change the stacking positions ingame?

Aha, I meant the blunt wall pieces not the inside borders by the way. Works in the editor but does it change the stacking positions ingame?

Ah allright, yes I know it does work on blunt wall pieces, on thoose I am using it :) But not in the borders thats the problem ^^

Let me show you:

On this picture, I've used both blunt wall pieces and borders. As you see on the blunts it does work to put the borders on top, yes. But on the borders the end up underneat the border, so thats why I cant find a solution to that, if anyone could make it work, show me how!

140vplw.png

Greens = Blunt walls = OKAY! :>

Reds = Borders = WONT END UP ON TOP ;(

hold in alt-button , then take the "snow" border and click there :p

The borders on the right in this pic:

2efngax.png

A fix something like this work?

borderpk.png

Or does it then go under when viewed ingame?

Getting confused by this. :p

Yeah thats a smart solution for thoose corners, I actually used that for some corners but I missed thoose actually, nice job, BUT they only work where u can use ID:6768 (the one in the circle on the picture -->)

So if you look here it works on thoose corners, but not the ones in red >.<

24g7u5y.png

Wops ignore one red circle (the one in the southwest corner) xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back