• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How can I change my otserver version to 10.+ and other questions

xXToMaSXx

Reaction score
Hello, first of all I want to say sorry for my bad english.

I have some questions to ask so there we go:

1- I'm making an Ot, and I started compiling it from a tfs 1.2. My question is what you can read in the title, how to change server version and what changes should I do to the server like items.xml or things like that.

2- I want a skull system where the high lvl have a black skull, the second red skull, the third green skull and the next 10 players white skull. Also that those skulls don't make nothing. This system where in evolera, but I can't find the scripts or sources or whatever it's :eek:.

3- I need recommendation with what type of database should I use, Gesior or what, I don't know anything of them because I always use sqlite. I only want a good one, to use with a website.

4- A good website to use, and if possible a tutorial on how to install/edit/use it.

5- I'm looking for the system of life/mana leech, but i can't find it. There's any post with it?

6- It's possible to make a spell where you can push the target x cells and also if there's a wall/player behind or pz cell, that the spell instead of push makes more damage? And if possible that the spell only can be useable 4 cells in line of your character.

Well that's all I want to make for the moment, I really appreciate all the help in advance and thanks for the time spend helping me in advance.

Thanks!:)

PD: sorry for my bad english again :oops:.

1. If you want to update your server to a higher client version by yourself, you need knowledge about C++ and edit the sources. But, if you dont have it, you can search new servers already compiled and working with the version that you want.
2. I always have the idea that it's better create your own scripts, just investigate a little more about LUA.
3. If you dont have knowledge about PHP to fix the bugs that could have Gesior, i recommend you Znote. It's really really easy install it.
4. If you mean about a design, you can find a lot in otland. By the way, i dont think that there's some tutorial of how install gesior, but Znote yes, it's on youtube. You'll recognize it by his sexy voice xd
5. I havent heard something about that system, but as i told you before, it's better learn lua language and make your own scripts.
6. I think yes, but it's a little hard make it; it just needs imagination and knowledge about lua.

Hello, thanks for answer my questions,

1. Ok, well I will take some server.
2. The problem it's that I don't need to investigate a little, I have to investigate from 0, but well thanks.
3. What version should I use with tfs 1.2, Znote 1.4 or 1.5?

I add 3 new dumb questions:
How to insert tables in database? :v
How can I clear a db?
And also, there's any method to clear from a db something in particular like an item from all players fast and easy?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, thanks for answer my questions,

1. Ok, well I will take some server.
2. The problem it's that I don't need to investigate a little, I have to investigate from 0, but well thanks.
3. What version should I use with tfs 1.2, Znote 1.4 or 1.5?

I add 3 new dumb questions:
How to insert tables in database? :v
How can I clear a db?
And also, there's any method to clear from a db something in particular like an item from all players fast and easy?

Thanks in advance.

1. Great.
2. Everybody has started from 0, even me, but you gonna be grateful for learn it.
3. 1.5.

4. With SQL or using a button which appears when you open the database.
5. Once more, with SQL or with a button called Truncate, located in each table. (It gonna delete all rows inside table)
6. Yes, but using the example that you say me, i would use a LUA script of type onLogin in creaturescripts, something like this:
Code:
function onLogin(player)
if player:getItemById(ITEMID, COUNT) then
    player:removeItem(ITEMID, COUNT)
end
    return true
end

I'll tell you something useful. The "return true" is to stop script, in other words, if i put a return true after of a function that removes an item and before of a function that sends a message to player, when the script is executed, the message wont appear.
Also, you MUST put a "return true" ALWAYS a line before of last end.

Hello, thanks for answer my questions one more time.

6. There's no other method to remove something from all players in db? All players have to connect if I want to remove from all players something :v.

Now I'm using this server:
https://otland.net/threads/10-95-tfs-1-2-with-critical-hits-and-hp-mana-leech.244240/

with Znote and Idk why I can't make a player God, Cm etc.
I tried with Znote and stays in the group id I want but in-game don't shows the rank, and also I can't use commands.
In talkactions I have the commands like this:

Code:
    <talkaction words="/town" separator=" " script="teleport_to_town.lua" />

What is that separator?

in commands.xml:

Code:
    <command cmd="/reload" group="2" acctype="5" log="yes" />

Where to change that acctype in db? I tried changing the "type" to 5 in accounts but all seems the same.

and the groups, I have changed them a bit (I tried with the virgin archive but also don't work:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<groups>
    <group id="1" name="Player" flags="0" access="0" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="0" />
    <group id="2" name="Tutor" flags="16809984" access="1" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="0" />
    <group id="3" name="Gamemaster" flags="137438953471" access="2" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
    <group id="4" name="Community Manager" flags="272730398714" access="3" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
    <group id="5" name="God" flags="272730398714" access="4" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
    <group id="6" name="Hoster" flags="272730398714" access="5" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
</groups>

And also I tried using old files from another tfs but also don't works.

Should I update something from sources, or what? Or the use of the commands changed? Or I have to change something from Znote?

6. There's no other method to remove something from all players in db? All players have to connect if I want to remove from all players something :v.

https://otland.net/threads/10-95-tfs-1-2-with-critical-hits-and-hp-mana-leech.244240/

I tried with Znote and stays in the group id I want but in-game don't shows the rank, and also I can't use commands.

Code:

What is that separator?

in commands.xml:

Code:

Where to change that acctype in db? I tried changing the "type" to 5 in accounts but all seems the same.

and the groups, I have changed them a bit (I tried with the virgin archive but also don't work:

Code:
<groups>
    <group id="1" name="Player" flags="0" access="0" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="0" />
    <group id="2" name="Tutor" flags="16809984" access="1" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="0" />
    <group id="3" name="Gamemaster" flags="137438953471" access="2" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
    <group id="4" name="Community Manager" flags="272730398714" access="3" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
    <group id="5" name="God" flags="272730398714" access="4" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
    <group id="6" name="Hoster" flags="272730398714" access="5" maxdepotitems="0" maxvipentries="200" />
</groups>

Should I update something from sources, or what? Or the use of the commands changed? Or I have to change something from Znote?
access on account and group 6 on players

Code:

What is that separator?

in commands.xml:

Code:

Code:
<groups>
</groups>

6. Yes, using SQL with something like this:
Code:
DELETE FROM 'player_items' WHERE 'itemid' = 2160
I dont remember if this is correct, but i guess yes.

About access:
You have to understand that it's really different TFS 1.2 with old TFS like 0.4 or 0.3.7.
In database, you must go to table "accounts" and change in "type" field putting "5" instead "1", and with this you'll be able to use all the commands being GOD.
Now, WITHOUT change groups.xml, go to table "players" and change in "group id" field putting "3" instead "1".
In TFS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, the CM group doesn't exist anymore, but if you want to have it, you must create it and consider the parameters that every group have.

And finally, the separator in talkactions.xml is useful when you're creating a talkaction script that uses parameters, for example: "/i 2160" where 2160 is the parameter, and without the separator, it wont work.

Hello,

6. Will try thanks :D.

That's what I was expecting, thanks I will try later :D.
If I want to add new group ids, can I take as example the cm from old tfs? Need to change something more from another place?
In separator should be " " without anything inside, right?

Now I have another question, from another server that a friend have, It's a tfs but I don't know the version. (It's a baiak 8.6).
We have troubles with that attackspeed with the elfbot, all people saying edited etcetc.
We want to put the attackspeed normal, but when moving that attacks faster. But we want that the elfbot don't work. That's possible? I think it's the attackspeed in vocations.xml, but I'm not 100% sure. We tried attackspeed with 500 and 1 but it's the same :v.

Also, I'm searching for the script of the skulls
Code:
2- I want a skull system where the high lvl have a black skull, the second red skull, the third green skull and the next 10 players white skull. Also that those skulls don't make nothing. This system where in evolera, but I can't find the scripts or sources or whatever it's :eek:.
But I can't find it, somebody have it? I really want it, I searched a lot but I found another different systems.

Also another questions in same server, the lessloss from vocations.xml, If I put 1, how many exp/lvl will players loss? I want that they don't loss any lvl, should I change the loss from config too?

Ah, and also how can I see what version of tfs is? In top of the console?

Thanks.

Hello,

6. Will try thanks :D.

That's what I was expecting, thanks I will try later :D.
If I want to add new group ids, can I take as example the cm from old tfs? Need to change something more from another place?
In separator should be " " without anything inside, right?

Now I have another question, from another server that a friend have, It's a tfs but I don't know the version. (It's a baiak 8.6).
We have troubles with that attackspeed with the elfbot, all people saying edited etcetc.
We want to put the attackspeed normal, but when moving that attacks faster. But we want that the elfbot don't work. That's possible? I think it's the attackspeed in vocations.xml, but I'm not 100% sure. We tried attackspeed with 500 and 1 but it's the same :v.

Also, I'm searching for the script of the skulls
Code:
But I can't find it, somebody have it? I really want it, I searched a lot but I found another different systems.

Also another questions in same server, the lessloss from vocations.xml, If I put 1, how many exp/lvl will players loss? I want that they don't loss any lvl, should I change the loss from config too?

Ah, and also how can I see what version of tfs is? In top of the console?

Thanks.

Just change the group id for cm and change flags.
In separator, you only have to put an space like this: separator=" "
Attack speed can be changed in vocations.xml, if im right, if attackspeed number is higher, it will attack slower, btw if it's lower, it will attack faster.
I dont think there's a way to avoid the players uses bot, maybe yes, but i dont know it.

That script that you're asking for, i already saw another guy asking for it and i told him this:
"It's better make your own scripts; learn lua language and experiment by yourself."
You can do it making a mix of SQL queries, lua functions and more, just use your imagination :)

At less in TFS 1.2 you can change if player can loss experience when it dies in config.lua. There's a option called:
Code:
deathLosePercent = -1
-1 equals to loss experience.
0 equals to not loss experience.
10 equals to old formula for this.
In your case, put it as 0.

The TFS Version you can see it at the top of console when you start it. Appears something like: The Forgotten Server - TFS 1.2/1.1/1.0 or whatever.

Hello,
I tried to put
Code:
deathLosePercent = -1
deathLosePercent = 0
but every time I die my player return to level 1. That's the problem :v.
Also I tried changing this:
Code:
    blessingReductionBase = 30
    blessingReductionDecreament = 5
    eachBlessReduction = 8
but I can't find the combination to not lose level.

Hello,
I tried to put
Code:
deathLosePercent = -1
deathLosePercent = 0
but every time I die my player return to level 1. That's the problem :v.
Also I tried changing this:
Code:
    blessingReductionBase = 30
    blessingReductionDecreament = 5
    eachBlessReduction = 8
but I can't find the combination to not lose level.

In that case, i really dont know how to help you because i dont use to work with old TFS :/

Back