• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to add custom groundtype to remere's map editor? REP for assistance, thx

jayray

Reaction score
So I have added my custom sprites to tibia.dat & .spr. Now i need to actually put it on my map. How do I add my new ground to rme so that I can have it on my map???

I will rep for assistance, thanks.

So I have added my custom sprites to tibia.dat & .spr. Now i need to actually put it on my map. How do I add my new ground to rme so that I can have it on my map???

I will rep for assistance, thanks.

Download this sprite editor from Trooper. (It is based on 7.6, but works for all clients).

2. Put the sprite editor into the same folder as the tibia.spr file.

3. Run the program. Depending on the version of your client's tibia.spr, you will have either 12000 sprites for 7.6, 14000 for 7.7, 16000 for 7.8, and 18000 for 7.9, ect.

4. Once you know how many sprites are in total, check "Break Sprite Limit" and tell how many total sprites you want (maximum amount).

5. A folder is created called "sprites". Open it up and at the bottom you can find the sprites wich has no pictures in them. Copy in your own pictures, and remember to not make them bigger then 32 x 32.

6. When you are done editing your sprites start the sprite editor once again, don't mark or write anything just press compile.

7. A file called mytibia.spr has now been created in the same folder as the spr editor. Copy it over to your data edit folder.

8. Open up the data editor and add your items. I suggest you look at already added items to see how it should look like exactly. When you are done press save item and then save the data file at the same place as you sprite file. (When you copy over the spr file from the folder where you have the sprite editor rename it to tibia.spr).

9. Open up the dat editor and select a original dat file, then select your edites spr file. Now you have a lot of items. Lets say that you added a spr file to the original spr files (wich you did earlier) then press "new item." I also suggest you look at another ground item which is already made (Cipsoft ones) so you make them right. To the right in the dat editor it is a text box where you should enter the ID of yout tile spr. I will let you figure out the rest yourself.

10. Now save your data file prefarable at the same place as you edited spr file.

11. Copy over your spr file and data file to your item editor folder. Open up the item editor and press "tools" -> "Create missing client items" and then press "Autofind Client Id." The sprites you added in the dat editor should now appear in the list to the left under the category "other" scroll down at the bottom of the list and edit their name etc. (Once again check already created items to see eacktly how it should look like to work properly).

12. When you are done save the items.otb at the same place as your tibia.dat and tibia.spr.

You should now have 3 files which you have edited. Copy over the tibia.dat tibia.spr items.otb to your mapeditor

13. Then open up materials.xml in your mapeditor folder and add this

<material name="All">
<item fromid="100" toid="7000"/>
</material>

Save it and open up the mapeditor.

14. Remember to copy over you tibia.spr and tibia.dat files to your tibia folder wich you will use to play, and copy the items.otb to your server's data/items folder and replace the original one.

I didn't write this.

I did something similar to this and it worked, thanks :) As soon as i can get my map editor to do my new ground type in a way that it can randomize the tiles i will be happy. it adds the same sprite over and over and doesn't use them all ( i made 9 sprites for my ground type). Im going to try editing the grounds.xml, but im not sure it will work.

Back