• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to export minimap on RME?

arturhaddad

Reaction score
Hello,

When I go to File -> Export -> Export Minimap, and select to export minimap of floor 7, my image get's like 1GB size

I can't open it with any program, tried with paint, fireworks CS3, GIMP and some others

How do I export a minimap properly? with a good size or something I can at least open?

Thanks!!

I don't think it is a defect, in fact the image obtained corresponds exactly to how the map really is, each pixel represents a SQM of the game, so the export function is quite correct!

I can open 1GB images it takes a few seconds, it is normal that it has this small delay due to its size, and then you can edit this image and compress it, but the export result is accurate and correct for me.

Perhaps an option in the export configuration to obtain a very compressed image of the map would not be a bad idea

@Sarah Wesker There's no way this can be right. I'm trying to export only a single floor which (floor 15 on RME), and it has very few areas on this floor most of minimap should be black, I exported this same floor on a similar map and got a 2MB image file, on mine it generated a 1.7GB file, considering that the map size and content of both maps are the same there's no way this can be right. Also, I couldn't open the file on any image editors.

This is an issue with RME itself. Export never worked very good. For small maps it usually does but when you go bigger it either crash or create dummy 1GB image files. Not sure where is the size where RME starts to cause issues but I can confirm that 1000x1000 already bugs.

Also, cleaning non reachable tiles and moving maps to tile x1/y1 and removing the extra empty space may help (or not - worth a try)

but I can confirm that 1000x1000 already bugs.

Also, cleaning non reachable tiles and moving maps to tile x1/y1 and removing the extra empty space may help (or not - worth a try)

It indeed must be something on the map itself, I could export from a map with same size as the one I had a problem with which was 65k x 65k. It might be just what you said, unreachable tiles, I will give it a try.

Edit: didnt worked :/

Back