• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to make sprites?

BrasseN

Reaction score
Yea, the title says it all.
I want to test some spriting, but i don't know how to start.

To make sprites you need a graphic program such as paint, photoshop or gimp (there are many kinds of graphic programs).
Then you need to create a new document and put the document on transparent option... The document shall have the size 32x32 pixels as maximum size. Then you just start making your own sprites. But I can give you some advices... Since the document is small (32x32) you should zoom pretty much, in photoshop you should zoom in 1600% (the maximum). Then you use a simple pen tool and make it have 1px so when you make your sprites you make them 1 pixel at a time. You should start to make the borders first with the color black.

There are tutorials of how to make your first sprites, I will post a link when I find one.

*EDITED*

Here's my friends Xaar's Tutorial on otfans.net forum:
http://otfans.net/showthread.php?t=39640

Hope it helped.

Yours, P.

Last edited:
Thenkz(thanks, hehe), puppzor.
It helped very much.
I'll test :D

EDITED:
It was very hard with GIMP. :p GIMP SUX! :D
And i haven't got paint, so... do you know where i can download normal windows paint? :D
(I deleted it before...<host,host..mistake>)

Last edited:
Well, I don't recommend GIMP since I really hate GIMP. I use Photoshop but some people recommend MS paint. If you don't have MS paint you should be able to download it somewhere or maybe search for paint to check that it's really removed from your computer.

Photoshop is for art and matte painting
Sprites are a part of pixelart, which should be done old fashion, MSpaint. You could of course us photoshop's pencil tool as well but the line tool of PS is damn bothersome in use.

Now Xaar's tutorial is an okay one, but it's not his best graphic he made there so the tutorial can't be ownage either :p What you could do is google for pixel tutorials in general, not tibia perspective in specific.

i made a tutorial on how to add custom items and another on making custom monsters (including sprites, etc) so ill be posting them here next time i can access otfans (it's going slow atm).

if you still need 1 and are too impatient you can find my tutorials on otfans in the Sprite Tutorial section (it's a Tibia Sprite sub-section). They both got good reviews, pm me with questions.

There are also tons of other tutorials in that section. XD pyce.

I'm not especially good at these stuff .. or well ... i suck

If i make a sprite, how to put it in the tibia .spr file?

Back