• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling How to make your server support clients 8.54 to 8.57! Pictures included!

Korrex

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
x86 BASED WINDOWS OS Only!

Alright so I couldn't find a tutorial for this so I decided to make my own one :)
This is my first tutorial =). This is for helping people that don't know how to make their 0.3.6 server support client 8.57!

This step by step tutorial will explain how to compile your 0.3.6 and making it support clients 8.54-8.57!

Make sure you have these files before starting!
http://otland.net/f19/stians-dev-cpp-repack-0-2-crypto-64bit-62455/ Download the 0.1 version for 32-bit. It works just fine!
And the TFS 0.3.6 sources found here!
Choose Download GNU Tarball at the bottom of the page to download all sources at once.
After downloading this is how it should look like:
sma5pi.png

Step 1: Open Stian's repack folder and open devcpp.exe
6ozh8l.png

Step 2: After opening DevCPP.exe press File and select Open Project or file! Or you can press Ctrl+O
2qlzi2r.png

Step 3: Locate to the sources and open the dev-cpp folder.
Then choose TheForgottenServer.dev (TheForgottenServer-console.dev if you want the console version) And open it!

2yua9nb.png

Step 4: After opening TheForgottenServer.dev locate to the file in the project called resources.h
In the resources.h scroll down to the bottom and look for
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 854
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 854 --This should be changed without adding any "." so 8.57 is 857
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STRING "Only clients with protocol 8.54 are allowed!"

#define STATUS_SERVER_NAME "The Forgotten Server"
#define STATUS_SERVER_VERSION "0.3.6"
#define STATUS_SERVER_CODENAME "Crying Damson"
#define STATUS_SERVER_PROTOCOL "8.54"
Change the ones I have marked Red To 8.57
So that it looks like this:
2cqyxi1.png

Now just press Ctrl+F9 And it should compile :) You will find the outcome of the compilation in the .dev folder :).
It should look like this when the Compilation is done :)
j64ufm.png

Hope this helped a bit :)
Please give feedback.
Credits to Me, and to Exique for learning me how to compile with his simple compilation tutorial :)

Last edited:
i can compile it and everything goes well but when i put it into my server's folder it won't run, do i need any more dlls for compiled tfs or something?

thnks in advance
~tazz

edit~ it tells me i need libgmp-3.dll where can i get it?

i can compile it and everything goes well but when i put it into my server's folder it won't run, do i need any more dlls for compiled tfs or something?

thnks in advance
~tazz

edit~ it tells me i need libgmp-3.dll where can i get it?
from stians thread

I compiled and everything went well

but when I'll start the server nothing happens

theforgotten.exe not appearing on

it is a time in the process of the computer and goes out

what could it be?

Have you placed the .exe in a folder with all TFS data files + dlls?

The ones that you download from the distros section.

The ones that you download from the distros section.

very strange that

I click on theforgottenserver.exe

and it does not work, I look in the process of the computer and it is

and after a few seconds he goes out o.o

Back