• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux How to open 2 engine on one server VPS?

Otlandserv

Reaction score
Hello.
How to open 2 engine on one server VPS?
I need 1 server where players gaming and one for me to test.

Only change on config.lua port and database name?

Hello.

Dont do that, to test, use vmware player, install your Linux server build(without graphics, like a vps), Google how to install the necessary to connect using ssh and then do your tests

PS.: free one month of vps pls

Hello.

To fully answer your question: yes, port and database name change is enough, however I wouldn't recommend test and production servers on one machine. Imagine you test new feature, and this feature has a bug - takes your all ram. This way you destroy your main server. It can also cause problems with your mysql, etc. There are plenty of reasons.

So, do as @mano368 says, or buy another VPS just for your test server.

If you can't afford a separate server you have two options that doesn't interfere with your production server's performance:
  • Use your home computer as testing environment
  • Assuming you're using a Linux server, setup a swap file and make your test server only use that. Swap is really slow, but it is enough to run a server for testing purposes - that way you can guarantee your RAM is only being used by your production server. I am certain you have a lot of extra storage that can be turned into a swap file. Of course only do that if your production server isn't close to using all of your RAM. You wouldn't ever want your RAM and swap to be 100%.

Back