• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is there any interest in custom maps nowadays?

Rickolajten

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Been lurking here long enough and i have reached a point in my life where i got tons of free time on my hands so i figured i could start doing my own map and host it.

I'm currently using TFS for 8.6, pros/cons?
Is people generally interested in custom maps? I would start out small with very little promises and update on a regular basis to keep the players busy.

Basically i just wanna know if i'm wasting my time or not, it seem simple enough to just throw another realmap out there and let it grow, but that has been kind of.. done, wouldnt you say?

Thanks for any opinions. :)

8.6 isnt really concidered oldschool, is it? :)

umm well it depends on your point of view, 8.6 is already few years old and imo it can be an "oldschool wannabe" but yeah 8.6 is still fresh if you compare it to 7.6

umm well it depends on your point of view, 8.6 is already few years old and imo it can be an "oldschool wannabe" but yeah 8.6 is still fresh if you compare it to 7.6

Yes, i guess you could call it oldschool, even if its a wannabe. ;)

I'll stick to 8.6.
You got any tips for me?

cons: elfbot, not the new "cool" sprs
pros: elfbot, more player wanna play it due to its the "modern" sprs, but still no cooldown or other shitty systems.

cons: elfbot, not the new "cool" sprs
pros: elfbot, more player wanna play it due to its the "modern" sprs, but still no cooldown or other shitty systems.

Yes, about that.. i'm getting the impression that almost everyone is using a bot to level their characters up. Would i get my server wrecked pretty quickly if i banned everyone using a bot or would it be well accepted amongst players? I got no clue, actually.. i could imagine both scenarios.

I remember the type that always wrote something along the lines of "IMA BOAT CUZ LEVLING BORING I ONLY WAR" etc.

That's pretty true the only fun thing is to quest with your friends and war on like a Swev Ot or so but if you are trying for a more RL mapy thing there is a fun part where you can level with your friends and so.

Well a tip, look at other servers. They all say WI VILL BANN UU, but still no bans AT ALL.
One thing you can do, is like masiyah(can still be by-passed but still there are alot of noobs)
- Serach for masiyah datapack, the scripts are in the datapack, was used when they got hacked.

And about the thing if you will survive, well not rly. If im not botting on a server, its probbly a high exp one, otherwise I bot, and level byhand at the same time(one cash-loot char and one pk/war)
The only server who probbly can survive to ban all bot users are servers like shadowcores. Alot due to all the char lovers that never bot and dosen't like botters, they have a peak on 2000 > after all.

Well a tip, look at other servers. They all say WI VILL BANN UU, but still no bans AT ALL.
One thing you can do, is like masiyah(can still be by-passed but still there are alot of noobs)
- Serach for masiyah datapack, the scripts are in the datapack, was used when they got hacked.

And about the thing if you will survive, well not rly. If im not botting on a server, its probbly a high exp one, otherwise I bot, and level byhand at the same time(one cash-loot char and one pk/war)
The only server who probbly can survive to ban all bot users are servers like shadowcores. Alot due to all the char lovers that never bot and dosen't like botters, they have a peak on 2000 > after all.

Haha, yeah i feel you.
I guess it wouldnt be feasible to ban botters.

Only thing im worried about right now is releasing a map i made myself, i'm afraid people wouldnt sacrifice the effort to learn a new map.

We'll see though, im for sure gonna give it a real try.

custom rpg serv wont survive without bots thats a fact you cant really argue with, sadly.

If you want them to learn a map(and your not a scriter) pay someone to make you a system like the one in tibia, You spawned here - welcome to tibia walk east to have the worlds longest tutorial, free pacc if you don't commit suice before it ends!

Hah na but seriosly I think it would be a good ide, and add markers to the map etc, and one thing... if you are polish/br ...... NEVER F**ING MAKE A MAP WHERE THE SIGNS ARE IN YOUR NATIVE LANG...
Always use English if you want players, I like maps by pl mappers, they are alot better if you ask me. But they have 0% knowledge about english, so its like go west = "Najmanajs PL Kurwa ty bola kurwa!!!!" Yeah okay ill try that?!

If you want them to learn a map(and your not a scriter) pay someone to make you a system like the one in tibia, You spawned here - welcome to tibia walk east to have the worlds longest tutorial, free pacc if you don't commit suice before it ends!

Hah na but seriosly I think it would be a good ide, and add markers to the map etc, and one thing... if you are polish/br ...... NEVER F**ING MAKE A MAP WHERE THE SIGNS ARE IN YOUR NATIVE LANG...
Always use English if you want players, I like maps by pl mappers, they are alot better if you ask me. But they have 0% knowledge about english, so its like go west = "Najmanajs PL Kurwa ty bola kurwa!!!!" Yeah okay ill try that?!

As I'm polish myself... I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! all of these "rpg" servers died mostly because pl spamming "blebleble polish serv for polens" "blebleble head there to see krzysiu jem zupke" and other silly things xD

Yeah and its sad, remember one of the first ots I playd was a great pl map, got closed down after that ive never seen any pl maps that are good and still use English. Pls seem to think everyone speak Polish? :)

I'm from Sweden so that shouldnt be a problem, i will make the markers in english.

I'm a pretty shitty mapper, but i guess i will improve overtime though. Time will tell!

Yeah and its sad, remember one of the first ots I playd was a great pl map, got closed down after that ive never seen any pl maps that are good and still use English. Pls seem to think everyone speak Polish? :)
that's not it. We are just proud of our language and we sometimes force others to make them speak it, it's just a little part of patriotism i think altough ive never did so, i still undearstand the reason behind it.

I'm from Sweden so that shouldnt be a problem, i will make the markers in english.

I'm a pretty shitty mapper, but i guess i will improve overtime though. Time will tell!

i might help you a little with mapping, what ver?

Thats not patriosem. But still how would it be if eg. shadowcores transformed all signs,homepage etc to Swedish? Since all of the devs on twifysoft is from Sweden?

Thats not patriosem. But still how would it be if eg. shadowcores transformed all signs,homepage etc to Swedish? Since all of the devs on twifysoft is from Sweden?
That is patriotism. In a twisted way. You make content only for players from your nation just because they are from your nation, and because some of Polish players don't know English. Or simply because you've never bothered to learn English on decent level and instead had classes with German language.

Yeah, but still its wrong if you ask me. And yeah probbly taken a page from the Germans.

Back