• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Items.otb Question

Lucas Durais

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I was wondering if there is a way that I can edit my items.otb adding new items of rl tibia without make my client debug.

For example, my tibia version is 10.99 and tibia recently released some 11.02 items and I want to put them in my server. How am I able to do that with the usual tibia client, and not an edited one.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I was wondering if there is a way that I can edit my items.otb adding new items of rl tibia without make my client debug.

For example, my tibia version is 10.99 and tibia recently released some 11.02 items and I want to put them in my server. How am I able to do that with the usual tibia client, and not an edited one.

Using the OT ItemEditor, you can modify the .otb file and create new items (IDs) and assign object data to those new items you create using the client ID of an existing item in your dat/spr.
This means that you can create new items in new IDs, but such items must be copies of other already existing items in terms of sprite and attributes. Later, in items.xml, you may assign new attributes, stats and names to these items, but at their core, they will just be copies of existing items.

(e.g. You can make a new ID, make it use Mastermind Shield's cid, and now you will have a new ID with the sprite and attributes of mastermind shield, except now you can modify it in items.xml to be an item with a different name and stats, while still keeping the original Mastermind Shield in its original ID)

That's as far as you can go without custom client.

Using the OT ItemEditor, you can modify the .otb file and create new items (IDs) and assign object data to those new items you create using the client ID of an existing item in your dat/spr.
This means that you can create new items in new IDs, but such items must be copies of other already existing items in terms of sprite and attributes. Later, in items.xml, you may assign new attributes, stats and names to these items, but at their core, they will just be copies of existing items.

(e.g. You can make a new ID, make it use Mastermind Shield's cid, and now you will have a new ID with the sprite and attributes of mastermind shield, except now you can modify it in items.xml to be an item with a different name and stats, while still keeping the original Mastermind Shield in its original ID)

That's as far as you can go without custom client.

So I can't put new sprites without a custom client?
How people put this new items in their ot servers without it?

Last edited:
So I can't put new sprites without a custom client?
How people put this new items in their ot servers without it?

There is no possible way to have new sprites without a custom client (client with a modified .spr file).
The .spr file contains all sprites used by the client, and the only way you can have new sprites is to put new sprites into the .spr file, or replace old sprites within the .spr file with new ones.

In case where you replace an existing sprite with a new one, people who are running the client on the modified .spr file, will see the new sprite.
People who are running the client with the original .spr file, can still see the item and won't debug, but the item will be using its original sprite.

If you modify the .dat file and create a new client ID for an item, then make it use a new sprite, you will be able to see and interact with such an item only if your client is running on the modified .dat/.spr file.
Any player that gets exposed to this item ingame will get their client crashed.

Back
Top Bottom