• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

League of Legends (US) Server

Lonely Reaper

Reaction score
lol1.jpg

Some people may wounder why I made this, I made it because I felt like Nevalopo's thread is more focused at European server, not US. I made this one more for Americans, and also another opportunity to help get League of Legends noticed. No hard feelings Nevalopo, nor to any Euro players. :)

Images of gameplay and things about league of legends are all at bottom!

Want to skip all of the text and watch a youtube video explaining what this game is mainly bout?
[video=youtube;Z_78J6FEouM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_78J6FEouM[/video]

Yes, it is a long video and the guy has a funny accent. But he does an amazing job summing up the game, slang, etc! Skip to 18:40 if you just wanna get strait to the action!

Any desire to support me and play the game? Click the following Link:League of Legends - Play For Free

Want to play the game but not support me? I know, I feel the love! Click the following Link: League of Legends - Play For Free

Watch trailer of League of Legends (season one): YouTube - League of Legends - Season One CG Cinematic Trailer

Want to learn more about champions in-game? Click this Link: League of Legends Strategy Build Guides :: LoL Strategy Building Tool by MOBAFire

Enjoy reading the long ass post if you choose not to read it and watch the video that is available on youtube.

About LoL

League of Legends is a free to play game. It is a game focused on player vs. player combat (MOBA. Multi-player Online Battle Arena) and provides a system where you level up as summoners outside of game to unlock game content and level up inside a game to defeat your opponents. In LoL you control a champion, a player that does your bidding. In the past champions were broken down into many different types of champions, now Riot Games (creator of League of Legends, DOTA and Heroes of Newerth) redid the way champions are classified however many players still use the old slang due to it being more descriptive of a champion. There are soakers, tanks, junglers(hunts in jungle not on a lane, will explain later), assassins, mages, dps (damage per second, usually physical dealers, both ranged and close), supporters (buffs teams).

Soakers- Champions like Mundo are soakers, they aren't an actual tank so don't expect them to tank! They are there because they have a high HP pool and can take a LOT of dmg and still survive, often will be able to dish out some damage too. (commonly known as Off-tanks as well, not all Off-tank are a soaker!)

Tanks- High armor/magic resist (mr), lower health pool but still higher than average champs. Mostly at front of lines, have low cdr and are ment to die for the teams carry (players who deal high dmg, glass cannons)

DPS- Physical damage dealers that attack fast and have some pretty basic or unique spells. They often times are in jungle or are in dual lanes. High damage!

Mages- Lower health than dps champs (they are now known as bruisers), they do high amount of damage in spells and often times will go solo lane in middle against another solo lane.

Assassins- Very few exist, they usually can go stealth or can get around the map very easily. (don't forget to call your mias! Missing In Action!) You may also purchase oracle, a potion when you drink it you can see all invisible units, includes enemies wards! But you loose it when you die, use them wisely!

Those are the basic LoL style champions, there are few differences amongst them and not all champions require mana to cast spells, some require health, some only have cool downs and some require energy, if you need energy to cast spells your a Flipin' Ninja!

Maps?

In league of legends there are currently two maps, hopefully another one will be released before summer! But the two maps are Summoners Rift and Twisted Treeline. These are 3v3 and 5v5 maps. What i mean by that is 3 people v 3 people or 5 people v 5 people. You all start out with the same amount of gold and your stats are different depending on the champion you picked. For example I picked Jax, he is a mele dps that excelss at 1v1 fights more than the average champ, does insanely well against heavy DPS champs too. My friend picked Rammus, a very strong tank. Both Jax and Rammus have some decent health to start out with, but the attack damage on Jax is a few more points higher than the attack damage of Rammus. Rammus has slightly higher armor and mr (magic resist) than jax. They both start out with 475 gold, they both start out with the ability to pick one of 3 spells, each champion has 4 spells but their 4th one is only obtainable starting at lv 6. Only one champion can learn all 4 of his spells at level one, and that is Udyr.

How are games generally played as?

So now you have learned a little bit about champions and how they differentiate. Now lets get into the mechanics of in-game experience. Where will you go? Well if your Jax, the mele dps muscle guy you probably going to go to top, or bottom lane. These are passages guarded by friendly turrets. Turrets are towers that will attack opponents that get near it. If a champion of the opposing team targets you, and your standing next to the turret. The turret will attack you. Simple as that! They are basically guards and they like to blow shit up, i guess. But anyways you head out to top lane. Your friend Rammus, that beefy strong tanky dude that i was talkin about, yea, hes goin top with you! You find two opponents at top lane. Then you hear "Minions Have Spawned". No, this is not a "Ruh-Roh Rhaggy" moment. It simply means that for all 3 lanes in a 5v5 or the two lanes in a 3v3 will spawn minions. A few mele minions, a few mage minions and every couple of times a minion wave comes a cannon minion will show up. These dudes hurt!... well all minions hurt. But they fight each other! mostly, sometimes attacking you if there are no more minions or attacking tower, or attacking you if you attack their champs!

Anyways, that is the basics of in-game experience. You can buy wards to scout parts of map, you cannot see terrain if there isn't an allied unit there, or a ward there. People will often "gank" or basically come to your lane sneaky like hiding in brush (tall grass that you cannot see in unless your in the grass too) and jump out and attack you! They might succeed and poor ol rammy got killed, enimies picked up some gold. But since your Jax you pwnfaced em with your hockey stick, lamppost, fishing pole.. or whatever weapon your outfit you are playing in has. So you pick up two kills yourself (and another one died from minions), cause your just that fuckin epic aren't ya? You gained bonus gold and bonus xp for killin them two baddies, plus you can last-hit minions for more gold cause there aint nobody else in your lane to stop you from your opponents! Maybe you even pushed down that turret so now they have one less guardin their base! How bout that? :D

So near the first couple of paragraphs of this post you heard a bit about a jungler or somethin? Let me fill you in. Junglers are guys that sacrifice their presence in a lane to hunt in the jungle, they kill jungle creeps and often times gain same xp as somebody in a normal 2v2 lane but also has opportunities to get ganked by opponents. Very important to be cautious of opposing forces positions. But being a jungler, you have the power to do one simple thing! GANK! Muahha... yes, you, you get to pwn them baddies when you fly outa the bush. Your friend that went 1v2 in a lane? Guess what... Hes got higher lvl than the opponents too. So basically you have huge level advantages on the enemies so you might as well use it to your advantage and kill the enemies and make them loose even more xp and get richer!

Other, simple things you may, or may not want to know about LoL:

1. Each champion has a passive, lets go back to Jax. His passive grants him bonus Health for each bonus attack damage and bonus ability power (AD and AP) that he gets from items or buffs. So when you get a lot of AP or AD you have a larger HP pool? Kinda cool aint it? You are a DPS monster with a lot more hp than some other squishier dps. Fear me, rawr!... Rammus on the other hand has a passive that makes him a tank with some damage! a small % of his armor is added to his attack damage, so not only is he pretty beefy on the armor, he can also let out some pretty high physical damage compared to other tanks.

2. Items can form into different items

3. Items that have a "UNIQUE passive:" do NOT stack. Infinity edge is basically the most expensive item in-game, because it does one thing. Provides a ton of AD, crit % and has a unique passive: Critical strikes will do 250% more damage. DPS's LOVE IE! No, not internet explorer. Infinity edge.

4. Each spell has a cap of 5 advances for the first 3 spells, your 4th spell caps at 3 advances.

5. Summoner spells are gained through leveling up. You may only pick 2 of them / game and you can change them around during champion selection. Some champion spells will support you, some will aid in doing more damage. Depends on what your going for. They also have generally long cool down and aren't affected by CDR items (cool down reduction)

6. IP (influence Points) gained every game. The amount differs from win/loss! IP buys two things. Runes and Champions. Runes are items that give you a very high early game advantage or pretty decent late game advantage above other players. Some players spend their IP on runes and not champions, some players spend it on champions and not runes. Depends on your play style! As you level you will unlock more slots to put runes in and be able to buy better runes. Lv 10's cannot buy as good of runes as a lv 20 can. But a lv 30 summoner can buy more runes than a lv 20. Champions come at the price of 450, 1350, 3150, 4800, and 6300 IP for 1 single champion.

7. Masteries, these are gained every time your summoner levels, not your champion! You gain a masteries point that you may use towards ingame effects, you may increase your mana regen, cdr, armor, boost summer spells and among other things. You cap at 30 points in summoner masteries!

8. Free champ rotations is the way that Riot likes to give every player an equal opportunity to try out all existing champions. Champ rotations are done weekly on monday or tuesday. Not all champions are free 24/7 but often enough some champions are on free weeks more often than others.

9. Finally, new champions. New champions are released once every 2 weeks, the following week after the week they are released will be the week they are free, all new champions will be 100% free 1 week after their release. After that they are fair game for any other free weeks.

List of players on US server that are also on Otland:
I only add players on the US server with their consent!
(otland)/(League of Legends)
Lonely Reaper/Lonely Reaper
Infernus/Infernus11
Prest/WarWithNoHeart
Kanakashy/Kanakashy

Images

Nunu & Amumu run into each other when they are looking for a gank! Both are junglers!
Amumu4.jpg

5v5 map!
250px-Summoners_Rift_Lanes.png

3v3 map!
map_2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work on the thread you should add a list of players and such and its great that you have a link for people who really don't want to just give you free referrals.

lol1.jpg

Some people may wounder why I made this, I made it because I felt like Nevalopo's thread is more focused at European server, not US. I made this one more for Americans, and also another opportunity to help get League of Legends noticed. No hard feelings Nevalopo, nor to any Euro players. :)

Images of gameplay and things about league of legends are all at bottom!

Want to skip all of the text and watch a youtube video explaining what this game is mainly bout? Click this video link! ->YouTube - WTF is League of Legends? Yes, it is a long video and the guy has a funny accent. But he does an amazing job summing up the game, slang, etc! Skip to 18:40 if you just wanna get strait to the action!

Any desire to support me and play the game? Click the following Link:League of Legends - Play For Free

Want to play the game but not support me? I know, I feel the love! Click the following Link: League of Legends - Play For Free

Watch trailer of League of Legends (season one): YouTube - League of Legends - Season One CG Cinematic Trailer

Want to learn more about champions in-game? Click this Link: League of Legends Strategy Build Guides :: LoL Strategy Building Tool by MOBAFire

Enjoy reading the long ass post if you choose not to read it and watch the video that is available on youtube.

About LoL

League of Legends is a free to play game. It is a game focused on player vs. player combat (MOBA. Multi-player Online Battle Arena) and provides a system where you level up as summoners outside of game to unlock game content and level up inside a game to defeat your opponents. In LoL you control a champion, a player that does your bidding. In the past champions were broken down into many different types of champions, now Riot Games (creator of League of Legends, DOTA and Heroes of Newerth) redid the way champions are classified however many players still use the old slang due to it being more descriptive of a champion. There are soakers, tanks, junglers(hunts in jungle not on a lane, will explain later), assassins, mages, dps (damage per second, usually physical dealers, both ranged and close), supporters (buffs teams).

Soakers- Champions like Mundo are soakers, they aren't an actual tank so don't expect them to tank! They are there because they have a high HP pool and can take a LOT of dmg and still survive, often will be able to dish out some damage too. (commonly known as Off-tanks as well, not all Off-tank are a soaker!)

Tanks- High armor/magic resist (mr), lower health pool but still higher than average champs. Mostly at front of lines, have low cdr and are ment to die for the teams carry (players who deal high dmg, glass cannons)

DPS- Physical damage dealers that attack fast and have some pretty basic or unique spells. They often times are in jungle or are in dual lanes. High damage!

Mages- Lower health than dps champs (they are now known as bruisers), they do high amount of damage in spells and often times will go solo lane in middle against another solo lane.

Assassins- Very few exist, they usually can go stealth or can get around the map very easily. (don't forget to call your mias! Missing In Action!) You may also purchase oracle, a potion when you drink it you can see all invisible units, includes enemies wards! But you loose it when you die, use them wisely!

Those are the basic LoL style champions, there are few differences amongst them and not all champions require mana to cast spells, some require health, some only have cool downs and some require energy, if you need energy to cast spells your a Flipin' Ninja!

Maps?

In league of legends there are currently two maps, hopefully another one will be released before summer! But the two maps are Summoners Rift and Twisted Treeline. These are 3v3 and 5v5 maps. What i mean by that is 3 people v 3 people or 5 people v 5 people. You all start out with the same amount of gold and your stats are different depending on the champion you picked. For example I picked Jax, he is a mele dps that excelss at 1v1 fights more than the average champ, does insanely well against heavy DPS champs too. My friend picked Rammus, a very strong tank. Both Jax and Rammus have some decent health to start out with, but the attack damage on Jax is a few more points higher than the attack damage of Rammus. Rammus has slightly higher armor and mr (magic resist) than jax. They both start out with 475 gold, they both start out with the ability to pick one of 3 spells, each champion has 4 spells but their 4th one is only obtainable starting at lv 6. Only one champion can learn all 4 of his spells at level one, and that is Udyr.

How are games generally played as?

So now you have learned a little bit about champions and how they differentiate. Now lets get into the mechanics of in-game experience. Where will you go? Well if your Jax, the mele dps muscle guy you probably going to go to top, or bottom lane. These are passages guarded by friendly turrets. Turrets are towers that will attack opponents that get near it. If a champion of the opposing team targets you, and your standing next to the turret. The turret will attack you. Simple as that! They are basically guards and they like to blow shit up, i guess. But anyways you head out to top lane. Your friend Rammus, that beefy strong tanky dude that i was talkin about, yea, hes goin top with you! You find two opponents at top lane. Then you hear "Minions Have Spawned". No, this is not a "Ruh-Roh Rhaggy" moment. It simply means that for all 3 lanes in a 5v5 or the two lanes in a 3v3 will spawn minions. A few mele minions, a few mage minions and every couple of times a minion wave comes a cannon minion will show up. These dudes hurt!... well all minions hurt. But they fight each other! mostly, sometimes attacking you if there are no more minions or attacking tower, or attacking you if you attack their champs!

Anyways, that is the basics of in-game experience. You can buy wards to scout parts of map, you cannot see terrain if there isn't an allied unit there, or a ward there. People will often "gank" or basically come to your lane sneaky like hiding in brush (tall grass that you cannot see in unless your in the grass too) and jump out and attack you! They might succeed and poor ol rammy got killed, enimies picked up some gold. But since your Jax you pwnfaced em with your hockey stick, lamppost, fishing pole.. or whatever weapon your outfit you are playing in has. So you pick up two kills yourself (and another one died from minions), cause your just that fuckin epic aren't ya? You gained bonus gold and bonus xp for killin them two baddies, plus you can last-hit minions for more gold cause there aint nobody else in your lane to stop you from your opponents! Maybe you even pushed down that turret so now they have one less guardin their base! How bout that? :D

So near the first couple of paragraphs of this post you heard a bit about a jungler or somethin? Let me fill you in. Junglers are guys that sacrifice their presence in a lane to hunt in the jungle, they kill jungle creeps and often times gain same xp as somebody in a normal 2v2 lane but also has opportunities to get ganked by opponents. Very important to be cautious of opposing forces positions. But being a jungler, you have the power to do one simple thing! GANK! Muahha... yes, you, you get to pwn them baddies when you fly outa the bush. Your friend that went 1v2 in a lane? Guess what... Hes got higher lvl than the opponents too. So basically you have huge level advantages on the enemies so you might as well use it to your advantage and kill the enemies and make them loose even more xp and get richer!

Other, simple things you may, or may not want to know about LoL:

1. Each champion has a passive, lets go back to Jax. His passive grants him bonus Health for each bonus attack damage and bonus ability power (AD and AP) that he gets from items or buffs. So when you get a lot of AP or AD you have a larger HP pool? Kinda cool aint it? You are a DPS monster with a lot more hp than some other squishier dps. Fear me, rawr!... Rammus on the other hand has a passive that makes him a tank with some damage! a small % of his armor is added to his attack damage, so not only is he pretty beefy on the armor, he can also let out some pretty high physical damage compared to other tanks.

2. Items can form into different items

3. Items that have a "UNIQUE passive:" do NOT stack. Infinity edge is basically the most expensive item in-game, because it does one thing. Provides a ton of AD, crit % and has a unique passive: Critical strikes will do 250% more damage. DPS's LOVE IE! No, not internet explorer. Infinity edge.

4. Each spell has a cap of 5 advances for the first 3 spells, your 4th spell caps at 3 advances.

5. Summoner spells are gained through leveling up. You may only pick 2 of them / game and you can change them around during champion selection. Some champion spells will support you, some will aid in doing more damage. Depends on what your going for. They also have generally long cool down and aren't affected by CDR items (cool down reduction)

6. IP (influence Points) gained every game. The amount differs from win/loss! IP buys two things. Runes and Champions. Runes are items that give you a very high early game advantage or pretty decent late game advantage above other players. Some players spend their IP on runes and not champions, some players spend it on champions and not runes. Depends on your play style! As you level you will unlock more slots to put runes in and be able to buy better runes. Lv 10's cannot buy as good of runes as a lv 20 can. But a lv 30 summoner can buy more runes than a lv 20. Champions come at the price of 450, 1350, 3150, 4800, and 6300 IP for 1 single champion.

7. Free champ rotations is the way that Riot likes to give every player an equal opportunity to try out all existing champions. Champ rotations are done weekly on monday or tuesday. Not all champions are free 24/7 but often enough some champions are on free weeks more often than others.

8. Finally, new champions. New champions are released once every 2 weeks, the following week after the week they are released will be the week they are free, all new champions will be 100% free 1 week after their release. After that they are fair game for any other free weeks.

List of players on US server that are also on Otland:
I only add players on the US server with their consent!
(otland)/(League of Legends)
Lonely Reaper/Lonely Reaper
Infernus/Infernus11

Images

Nunu & Amumu run into each other when they are looking for a gank! Both are junglers!
Amumu4.jpg

5v5 map!
250px-Summoners_Rift_Lanes.png

3v3 map!
map_2.jpg

thanks for these informations

Yes there is already a thread for mostly EU players. This thread is for US players.

Hmm... This seems a bit useless and confusing. Why do you make another thread? Is it because i don't play NA or? It's still the same game.

Hmm... This seems a bit useless and confusing. Why do you make another thread? Is it because i don't play NA or? It's still the same game.

its an area for more advertisement to the game and if you read the first freakin paragraph it would of explained your question.

Finally a thread focused for US Players, would be nice if you give patch information and news once in a while

BTW add me to the list =]
Prest/WarWithNoHeart

Ill post patches/ anything that comes up in the thread but not on main post. they update too much and it would be spammed with links/texts xD. Maybe season two (when it SHOULD come in april will be posted on main thread).

Added both of you to the main post.

Don't forget to tell your friends!

Would be nice if you can put a link like
Patch News:
Nocturne has joined the League of Legends. (And you link it to the post with all the details and stuff)
u can have like links that are up to 5 days old then delete them so its not a huge long list

I could do by weekly for champ rotation, by 2 weeks for patch :p.

edit:

Does this not look like an actual Teemo if he did exist? (this is a young chinchilla..)

000197031.jpg

Last edited:
League_of_Legends-51421.jpg

looks more like teemo than twitch but still alike.. he needs darker hair though

Back